Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new nuk 5 concerns.

Default new nuk 5 concerns.

I ordered a new nuk 5 from fetware this week and this is what I got. <_>

http://www.adisc.org/gallery/showpho...-2012-&cat=500

I uploaded 2 shots of the teat/nipple held up to a light source to try and make the residue of whatever is inside clear on the picture. I also uploaded a photo of the crushed box. Since fetware decided to ship it in a envelope that I've seen used to ship pill bottles in before from the VA hospitals.

My question is shoud I use it as is, boil it first, or see if I can get it exchanged? I derfer to the users of adisc since the last nuk 5 I bought was back in 2008 or at least 3-4+ years ago. It doesn't look like mold though, and I think I trust fetware enough not to send used products. Since I think that would also violate laws.

The medicPro that you have there appears to have it's original white 'shield'. It's been a while since I even looked at mine, let alone used it. I don't know if I'm seeing what you are seeing, but I think it should be fine to just wash in hot water. I've never found a need for boiling things...that's for infants with little-to-no immune system (and even then I hardly ever boiled anything...and my kids & grandkids have survived). It's probably just the way the latex was fomed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    The medicPro that you have there appears to have it's original white 'shield'. It's been a while since I even looked at mine, let alone used it. I don't know if I'm seeing what you are seeing, but I think it should be fine to just wash in hot water. I've never found a need for boiling things...that's for infants with little-to-no immune system (and even then I hardly ever boiled anything...and my kids & grandkids have survived). It's probably just the way the latex was fomed or something.
    It wasn't from the sheild since it was inside the nipple. Anyways I tasted it and decided it badly needed a wash since it tasted kinda horrible.

So I nuked water for 2 mins and held/stired it in there. I also got water into the nipple itself and tried to wash it from the outside like that. It got rid of most of the white stuff in there, (it wasn't a lot.) now it seems like a normal nuk 5 and tastes a lot better, more like my latex bottle nipples. Rather then kinda bland, powdery latex.

Still don't like how they shipped it in a envelope so the box got crushed. but of course the Nuk 5 itself was fine.

Isn't it some kind of mould inhibiting powder? My NUK5 had white streaks on it, but they came off easily after a good soapy wash.

M4usr

"milton" get in it supermarket used to clean baby bottles etc,

Quote Originally Posted by M4usr View Post
    "milton" get in it supermarket used to clean baby bottles etc,
    I never heard of such a thing. I'm in California I think if anything regular dish soap water would be fine on it. or just hot/cold water itself.

M4usr

Milton | Milton Sterilising Fluid not sure what the US version would be

Just a question, since I'm thinking of ordering from them...was the envelope labeled discreetly?

Quote Originally Posted by PaciTop View Post
    Just a question, since I'm thinking of ordering from them...was the envelope labeled discreetly?
    Yes it was, might upload a photo of it later.

Always wash any dummy before use if the mark is on the outside I'd email your supplier if it's on the inside hold it under water and squeeze the teat a few times rubbing it between your fingers it wont harm you if its inside