• fantisy

4 44.44%
  • both scare me anyway.

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: who injoys scaring themselves./fantisy or realiy

gamebaby

Default who injoys scaring themselves./fantisy or realiy

I allways try to play scary games but usaly wuss out and wach youtubers do it. But i still try anyway i can take games like resident evil and silent hill but the games where it pops out its like holy shit. But who else injoys this.

Now if you do like scaring yourself shitless what is it that usaly scares you most. The fantisy where things can come out anywhere and the scaryes things you will ever see try to get you. Or do you prefere the fact that there are sick people out there with sick dreams to hunt people down and either kill them or toture them. Things that will give you pure terror.

Horror movies don`t scare me. Especialy American horror movies. It`s all gore and jump tactics. There's no feeling in it. It doesn't mess with you psychologicaly. It's just tension build up and release.

What scares me the most is reality. When you watch a horror movie, and you see a person becoming horribly dismembered, handicapped, or in any other way disfigured, you say to yourself "Well, this is just the special effects in a movie." But when you hear about something like that happening out in the real world, through the newspaper, television, or internet... that's truely scary.

I feel as though I went through a transition:
    As a child I was afraid of fantasy, like monsters and stuff.
    Then it evolved to reality, because it really could happen. A friend told me the other day about how someone he knew (male) got raped at a music festival by two women... I won't go into details but it really scared me!

And then I think the worst fear is fear of one's self! Messed up films where the protagonist is the main antagonist, where you are your own worst enemy.

Millenniumfalsehood

I like suspenseful horror and the occasional "jump-out-and-scare-you" flick, the latter only when it's late at night and my emotions are heightened by fatigue. I really like to get scared, especially when the movie ends and I'm *still* blown away or afraid of the dark.

EmeraldsAndLime

In one night I saw Alien Resurrection and Predator when I was 8 years old.

I didn't sleep for 3 nights.

No, I don't enjoy scaring myself. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    And then I think the worst fear is fear of one's self! Messed up films where the protagonist is the main antagonist, where you are your own worst enemy.
    See Fight Club and play Silent Hill 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    See Fight Club and play Silent Hill 2.
    That's a bit of a spoiler isn't it?

I've never really watched horror movies - or gory ones at least. I know that they would do nothing for me. I respond to a slow build up of tension. In fact I respond to well. It really isn't that fun for other people. When watching something tense I can't sit still - in fact I am practically jumping up and down sometimes - and every now and then it builds up so much I shout 'get on with it' at the TV. But I'm not frightened as such. Just tense.

Real life fear - not fun. I am terrified of wasps. Seriously - I practically have a panic attack from just being in the same room as one some days. It is not fun. I don't enjoy frightening myself in real life. True fear - even over something as small and mundane as a wasp - is not nice. If you enjoy it then I really do not understand you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    That's a bit of a spoiler isn't it?
    Meh, I guess but both have been out for years.