Thread: After some time away, I'm back ^.^

Default After some time away, I'm back ^.^

Well, like the title says, after some time away from ADISC, I'm back.

I have had a lot of stuff going on during the last few months, some of it was very stressful and unfortunately, I lost interest in posting on this wonderful site. I used to be a regular on the RP forums, but recently, I just lost all interest in RP'ing. Hopefully soon I will be back posting on there again soon.

The last few months of my life have been challenging to say the least. My parents are moving house within the next month and since I'm still living at home, I'm off to my fourth house in about 9 years. I hate the house they are moving into but I have no say in the matter and I'll be moving with them at the beginning of June.

My bouts of depression have been on and off. About a month or two ago, I had a complete meltdown.

Firstly, I had to come out to my parents that I was gay and an AB. Basically they searched my room for whatever reason and found my stash and plushies. I spoke to my mum about it and broke down, although she was very understanding both on the Gay and AB side and as long as I keep it all to myself then its OK.

At the same time, I was having regular arguments with my dad as I wanted to go on holiday by myself as I was sick of boring holidays in Spain with my parents. He said that he doesn't think I can cope on my own (mainly due to my autism although he denies that) I felt like I had no independence. Everytime I did get a chance to meet friends, he find a way of stopping me and making me do stuff for him.

He also thinks that this AB stuff is just a phase and can be drained out of me with some therapy. I disagreed with him and told him to save his money. He's still probably going to make me go and when I suggested that my mum, him and I all went together to speak out our feelings with each other, he said there was no need because he's not the problem.......

He always focuses on the negatives and I just flipped out at him. I wanted to go to Florida because on my last holiday there, it was the happiest moments of my life. No stress, just lots of laughs and fun. My dad was against it and told me numerous times to forget it, even though I had all the funds to pay for this trip.

My mum thankfully was on my side and we put him in a position where in the end, I got what I wanted. So i'm off to Orlando in the autumn and I can't wait ^.^

So despite the rough times, things are starting to look up again for me. I'm still in employment and now I'm saving up for my holiday.

Oh and I'm in a (long distance) relationship too and plan to meet with my boyfriend soon

Can't wait to jump back into posting on Adisc again. Thanks for reading x

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about the depression, I know that its really sucks and I sincerely hope that you can get through it. This site may help a lot, I know it did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTommy View Post
    Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about the depression, I know that its really sucks and I sincerely hope that you can get through it. This site may help a lot, I know it did for me.
    Thanks BabyTommy ^.^

I don't feel as depressed as I did say a few months ago, mainly due to the fact I finally have something genuine to look forward too, so that's a good sign. I can't wait to get back to posting on the forum, I know I've made some great friends before I took a break and looking forward to make new friends too ^.^

Something good to look forward too is definitely vital! I hope you feel better soon

Quote Originally Posted by Shtu123 View Post
    Something good to look forward too is definitely vital! I hope you feel better soon
    Oh yes, this was something I think my dad didn't get. He couldn't understand why I was feeling so depressed. The fact that he tried to prevent me going on holiday made me feel worse.

And thanks, I'm getting there, small steps, but getting there

Quote Originally Posted by tkuk View Post
    Oh yes, this was something I think my dad didn't get. He couldn't understand why I was feeling so depressed. The fact that he tried to prevent me going on holiday made me feel worse.

And thanks, I'm getting there, small steps, but getting there
    People don't always get it sadly i'm sure you'll get there in the end, I know i did

Quote Originally Posted by Shtu123 View Post
    People don't always get it sadly i'm sure you'll get there in the end, I know i did
    Yeah, I can understand his concerns, but at the end of the day, I am an adult and should be aloud to spread my wings.

Quote Originally Posted by tkuk View Post
    Yeah, I can understand his concerns, but at the end of the day, I am an adult and should be aloud to spread my wings.
    I completely agree with you!