Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lot of people like diapers?

Default Lot of people like diapers?

I have been at Experience Project and there are tons and tons of diaper groups there and it looked like lot of people wore diapers, more people than I thought. I wondered how many people out there actually like wearing them but they are un noticed because they don't post in the AB/DL community. Not all of them seemed to be adult babies either, just like wearing diapers only even if they do need them due to small bladder or bed wetting and some were even incontinent. I already knew some incontinent people liked them because they post in the ab/dl community. But I wondered how many at EP actually do post in the AB/DL community.

Do you think there could be more people out there that actually like diapers, maybe a lot, tons but they go un noticed because they don't post on the AB/DL forums? Could the surveys about how many AB/DLs are out there in the world could be inaccurate? I remember hearing there were only 5,000,000-7,000,000 in the world and that is a very small number compared to the world population. Plus there are still people out there who think they are alone with this.

EP seemed to be filled with the most diaper posts there ever and other diaper things. I have even lurked a little in the bed wetting community and lot of bed wetters there seemed to like their diapers also, lot of them. Sure there were some diaper lovers there who were not bed wetters but wanted to wear them too and would talk about wanting to fake it so they can get some.

It was like being in 6th grade again when I had discovered lot of people like to wear them and mom told me it wasn't real. True they could have all just been trolls claiming to like diapers just to mess around on the forums and websites.

But it's so social taboo, so socially unacceptable to wear them lot of people will not admit it or even talk about it or even mention it. Someone even mentioned at EP that he works in Walgreens and the diapers in the incontinent aisle always run low. It just makes me wonder how many people out there like them and they have no idea that maybe one of their relatives likes them too or one of their friends or their teacher or someone in their class or someone at work or their own boss. It be funny if they were both wearing diapers at the same time and neither of them noticed.

Liking diapers seems to be very common, the norm or do you think I could just be imagining it because of the internet makes things seem so common?

I think their are more dl' or ab's out their that don't post on ab/dl forums
    or maybe their unaware of what ab/dl is or that there are support and discussion forums out there.
    some could be closet ab's or dl's and are afraid of being exposed.

5-7 million sounds a fairly high number, that is 1 in 1000 in the world, which wouldn't be that uncommon. Particularly since most of them are likely to be in the Western world where diaper use is most common.

The internet and sites like EP, Twitter and actual AB/DL sites certainly make it more visible, but there are probably many more who are not active online, and more still who have these feelings but haven't acted on them, or could develop an interest due to a partner etc. While active AB/DLs are still probably rare enough for it to be not that likely you know another one without being aware of it, it's certainly possible, I saw someone on Twitter post that he discovered a co-worker was a DL by seeing his picture on a site!

1 in 1000 sounds high but 1 in 5000 is pretty reasonable, maybe conservative. I have been running an abdl meet up website in my province of 3.65 million people for almost 3 years and have 180 subscribers. I doubt I have even 1/4 of the ABDLs in the province as most of my members are between 18 and 35. I don't have very good representaion from the middle aged and up crowd whichI know is out there and I don't allow TBs.

It's fair to say that there is a nice large number of us out there. But to say that every single one of them should come to this forum is a whole other matter. We've all ready seen the worse people who can represent us and I am of the opinion that only a fraction of the people who make a forum account here are interested in being a part of the community we've tried to create.

I think there are a lot more ab/dl's out there that just have not found ab/dl site's or they are to humiliated to post and join. I myself have a profile on that site and have many friends on there and have even meant with some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Someone even mentioned at EP that he works in Walgreens and the diapers in the incontinent aisle always run low. It just makes me wonder how many people out there like them and they have no
    Might be on to something here, as i ponder on this matter.

How many people like something different but don't want to be seen as weird/different and just never go that far with something like diapers.
    Im sure there are many people who are closeted or active ABDL's who would think an Internet forum is a perverse place and stay far away from it whilst keeping there diaper desires deep in secret.
    Hell if anybody with ABDL desires stumbled onto Deeker, i will bet it gave them the fright of their lives!

This last Easter, the wife and i were shopping at a very big popular supermarket and all the Adult Diapers were sold out!
    Im not kidding, the usual Molicare range,LIL, Tena and the cheaper Chinese brand Comfrey were gone.
    Only incontinence pads remained on the shelves.

Could those who are traveling during the holidays on very long car trips be buying these garments?

Makes me wonder, because 7 years ago Adult diapers were not available in our supermarkets.

Wow you're lucky your stores do carry those diapers because here regular stores do not carry them and they are not carrying adult diapers anymore, only pull ups and incontinent pads. Adult diapers have been phasing out of stores over the last few years. I am not sure why but it's like becoming the UK and thank god for internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Wow you're lucky your stores do carry those diapers because here regular stores do not carry them and they are not carrying adult diapers anymore, only pull ups and incontinent pads. Adult diapers have been phasing out of stores over the last few years. I am not sure why but it's like becoming the UK and thank god for internet.
    Yeah South Africa has its perks.

More for me!

I suspect with a lot of stuff on the internet, the stories on EP are often fake. On the other hand, ageplay has such a bad rep compared to other kinks that maybe there would be a lot more people active in it if it was as "respectable" as other BDSM is.