Thread: Road Trips

Default Road Trips

Last night I was thinking about bringing up to my wife that I'd like to wear a diaper on our next road trip. It seems that every time we go on a trip longer than about 3hr the following scenario plays out:

I drink plenty of fluids as I drive, including a fair amount of caffeinated beverage to help me stay awake.

I generally don't want to stop, I just want to get to my destination.

When the kid is asleep we don't want to stop so he doesn't wake up. I imagine the poor guy is pretty bored on long car rides.

I'll feel the urge to pee and decide to hold it a little longer, and then when I decide to pee there is never a good place to stop. Especially living in Vegas, we have to drive through a whole lot desert before we get anywhere.

I become incredibly uncomfortable and end up unbuttoning my pants to relieve pressure, and do all I can to hold it in before I just pick a spot and pee on the side of the road.
    --Seriously, every time this same process happens--and it seems that whenever I really decide that I need to pee there isn't any exits with bathrooms for like 45 miles.
    Anyways, I think a diaper could prevent a lot of discomfort on my part. Then I remembered reading this, which is scientific research that says having to pee while driving impairs people to a similar level as drunk driving. Who can argue with safe driving? Diapers, protecting you in more way than one on road trips.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 11-May-2012 at 21:16. Reason: fixing link :)

Haha that's food for thought. I've fantasized about a diapered road trip since our first family trip to Florida. Now that I have access to diapers and a vehicle my only concern would hiding it from whomever I'm driving with. I would hate to drive to Florida all by myself.

On another note: I was thinking to myself I should have been wearing while hunting this morning. Four hours of waiting for a turkey to show up after guzzling coffee on my way out of town. A nice bambino would have saved me from having to get up and pee twice risking scaring away a bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie View Post
    Last night I was thinking about bringing up to my wife that I'd like to wear a diaper on our next road trip.
    Are you more interested in making the roadtrip comfortable or are you trying to find a route to opening up to your wife about your diaper interests? Because either way the question is going to cause one of two reactions and I think you're hoping for the optimistic one.

I don't know your wife personally and you haven't told us much about her, but I would almost hold off on asking her what she thinks just yet. If wearing diapers on this trip makes you comfortable then go ahead and do it. You can keep a few pairs in your suitcase or travel bag and she never has to know what's in there. I doubt she tells you whenever she carries personal products in her purse so you can use that same ambiguity.

I generally don't want to stop, I just want to get to my destination.
    Spoken like a man of the road.

I become incredibly uncomfortable and end up unbuttoning my pants to relieve pressure, and do all I can to hold it in before I just pick a spot and pee on the side of the road.
    --Seriously, every time this same process happens--and it seems that whenever I really decide that I need to pee there isn't any exits with bathrooms for like 45 miles.
    I live near a tourist heavy spot and the worse thing I see between two public restrooms is a sign saying, "no public restroom". I've had a bunch of close calls while visiting Boston as well.

Anyways, I think a diaper could prevent a lot of discomfort on my part. Then I remembered reading this, which is scientific research that says having to pee while driving impairs people to a similar level as drunk driving. Who can argue with safe driving? Diapers, protecting you in more way than one on road trips.
    A full bladder is definitely distracting. You're more focused on holding it than on what you're supposed to be doing and when the urge gets stronger it's the only thing you can think of. So I would definitely agree that diapers are a good idea in this case.

Peeing while sitting down carries it's own complications however. It's definitely something you have to practice at because as a guy, you're used to peeing standing up. And another thing you should practice is what's I call a controlled burn.

Because the diaper is designed for incontinence, not full on urination, your diaper can get full to leaking very quickly if you release right away. And if you become so used to the diaper that you're peeing automatically then eventually you're going to lose what control you have. So peeing in controlled bursts lets the diaper absorb it properly and it keeps you in control for times when wearing isn't so convenient.

I've also found that using body powder or antifungal cream is useful for keeping the smell in check and for minimizing discomfort in the warmer months. You could carry travel sizes of these things so that they don't take up so much room in your travel bags.

I have tried with little success. I need to concentrate to pee sitting down and not leak and that does not mix with driving. I would love a diapered road trip as a pasenger but I am one of the few abdls in my group that drives.

mmm yes its the fear of leaking that stops me from being padded when i drive to manchester. its a 5 hour drive and like the other guy i dont want to stop unless im thursty and theres a mcdonalds drive thru serving strawberry milkshake ive only ever completed this journey in one once and when i got there my god!! that was the best pee ever!!