Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Standing Up Assistance?

jj2jjj

Default Changing Standing Up Assistance?

Hi again everyone! I put up a post yesterday about me going to the cinema in the near future diapered. Anyway, I'm going to have to change standing up and I've never done this before! I can be pretty bad at putting a diaper on lay down so I'm worried I'll mess this up and leak!

So those of you who change often standing can you give me advice? I use the UK brand Cuddlz (They're basically Bambinos under a different name, although the makers say they're different) if that will assist you on assisting me? (Hehe)

Thanks!

Personally, I find it tricky to change standing up -- I always do it laying down (haven't changed out of the house yet!). I dunno if this step-by-step process from Abena helps much...: Self-management

I assume you're not planning to mess. If that's the case than changing standing up should be a breeze. Just take it off as you normally would, use it to wrap up your wipes or toilet paper, or whatever you use to clean your diaper area. Then when and if you put a new one on, just use the toilet seat, or press your back against the wall of the toilet stall with the back of the diaper tight against your butt. When you pull the front up, hold it in place as you manage the tapes. It takes some practice but it's easier than it sounds.

jj2jjj

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    I assume you're not planning to mess. If that's the case than changing standing up should be a breeze. Just take it off as you normally would, use it to wrap up your wipes or toilet paper, or whatever you use to clean your diaper area. Then when and if you put a new one on, just use the toilet seat, or press your back against the wall of the toilet stall with the back of the diaper tight against your butt. When you pull the front up, hold it in place as you manage the tapes. It takes some practice but it's easier than it sounds.
    I'm only going to be putting a diaper ON, it's for one movie and then I will take it off and go home. Also - there are no proper toilet seats. I went today and realised that instead of a lid and the seat, there was just the seat so the diaper would fall straight through :3 :-(

Well it's only changing if you plan to put a new diaper on. Otherwise it's just taking your used one off and disposing of it. In anycase my advice about how to put the diaper on while standing still stands. No pun intended.

This may seem stupid, or I may have missed this reading through, but if it's only putting a nappy on to go to the cinema then why can't you put it on in your house laying down or how ever you find it easiest?

jj2jjj

I wouldn't of posted this if I could do that :-( Unfortunately for the moment it isn't an option.

I almost always put on standing and take off lying down. Put the diaper behind you rear waist in place against your back side, press it in place against a wall to hold it and pull the front up through your legs, do the lower tapes then the upper. A nice snug fit every time.

WillosauriestSporer

I'm not sure if you're into this or if it's possible, but if I were buying high-end diapers I'd keep them on until they are used up. I imagine they're expensive if their equivalent to Bambino.