Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bambino in public

Talking Bambino in public

So yesterday I guess I was feeling gutsy because I made the decision to wear one of my Teddy Bambinos out in public. But I can safely say I have no regrets!
    Being a girl, I wear tight jeans. Fortunately the diaper fit in them, and because of how tight they were, there was no crinkling to be heard. And to stay on the safe side, I wore a long fitted t-shirt under my regular shirt to tuck into my jeans so no one could see my diaper if I had to bend down.
    So I rode the bus, the light rail, had lunch, and went to the Maryland Film Festival padded, and no one noticed!
    Despite the heat I was very comfortable the whole time and I love the fact that I didn't have to hold my bladder on the train on the way home, but my boyfriend did, hehe.
    I wore that one diaper for 11 hours (dry for 5 hours) and it held up very well! After yesterday's experience I don't think I'll ever go back to Pampers.

Littlesissyme

That's awesome! I would probably do something like that aswell, but bambinos are expensive!
    (And i live with my parents)

Quote Originally Posted by Littlesissyme View Post
    That's awesome! I would probably do something like that aswell, but bambinos are expensive!
    (And i live with my parents)
    Yes, they are very expensive! But worth it in my opinion

Actually, the price of the Teddy Bambinos isn't all that bad. I have also worn them to work, and so far they have been the most discrete adult diaper I've worn, and probably more so than Attends. Their primary asset, is that lower cut, which hides just under the belt line. And then, the padding is widely distributed, along with the wider crotch design which covers more area. And they still have some thickness; they are not excessively thinned out like other brands. Their absorbency is better than the Classico and Biancos, too, according to Bambino's literature. The overall design offers a great deal of practicality, and I am pretty sure that these are the ones the Chinese use on their long train trips. I think the only difference between the Teddy Bambino and the actual diaper worn by many Chinese factory workers and commuters, is the teddy bears.

My suggestion: If you have a prescription for adult diapers, and your nurse/doctor asks about the teddy bears, I would tell them that it's an imported product, and the same one worn by Chinese factory workers. Their quality has to be top notch in order to meet the rigors of those 12 hour shifts and long commutes!

Quote Originally Posted by PamperedPiplup View Post
    So yesterday I guess I was feeling gutsy because I made the decision to wear one of my Teddy Bambinos out in public. But I can safely say I have no regrets!
    Being a girl, I wear tight jeans. Fortunately the diaper fit in them, and because of how tight they were, there was no crinkling to be heard. And to stay on the safe side, I wore a long fitted t-shirt under my regular shirt to tuck into my jeans so no one could see my diaper if I had to bend down.
    So I rode the bus, the light rail, had lunch, and went to the Maryland Film Festival padded, and no one noticed!
    Despite the heat I was very comfortable the whole time and I love the fact that I didn't have to hold my bladder on the train on the way home, but my boyfriend did, hehe.
    I wore that one diaper for 11 hours (dry for 5 hours) and it held up very well! After yesterday's experience I don't think I'll ever go back to Pampers.
    Dawwww! Congrats Pip! Being diapered out and about is no small matter! I've done it a few times, but always just found being padded to be more annoying and uncomfortable than I thought it was worth. Especially as it's getting warmer in the spring/summertime. But I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as you did!

Bambinos are definitely awesome! And the Teddies are some of the best! I had used the Classicos before, then at CAPCon, I got the chance to use one of the Teddies... night and day difference! The Teddies are more absorbant and they've changed the inside to this insanely-soft lining. I'm not sure I could ever feel quite as comfy in any other diaper. So enjoy, I know you are already, but enjoy anyway! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    Actually, the price of the Teddy Bambinos isn't all that bad. I have also worn them to work, and so far they have been the most discrete adult diaper I've worn, and probably more so than Attends. Their primary asset, is that lower cut, which hides just under the belt line. And then, the padding is widely distributed, along with the wider crotch design which covers more area. And they still have some thickness; they are not excessively thinned out like other brands. Their absorbency is better than the Classico and Biancos, too, according to Bambino's literature. The overall design offers a great deal of practicality, and I am pretty sure that these are the ones the Chinese use on their long train trips. I think the only difference between the Teddy Bambino and the actual diaper worn by many Chinese factory workers and commuters, is the teddy bears.

My suggestion: If you have a prescription for adult diapers, and your nurse/doctor asks about the teddy bears, I would tell them that it's an imported product, and the same one worn by Chinese factory workers. Their quality has to be top notch in order to meet the rigors of those 12 hour shifts and long commutes!
    Thanks for clearing up the price comparison for me! Teddys are the only adult diapers I've purchased, so I don't have much to compare to. But yes, I found them to be very functional and still well worth the cost. Though I don't really know what you mean by the lower cut... The front was at least an inch over my jeans and the back was probably 3 inches over. But then again, I wear low-cut pants.

Also, I didn't know Chinese factory workers wore similar diapers. I think that's kind of cool, but it wouldn't make their job anymore enjoyable

i am so proud of you.. yah no more pampers... shes going to a big girl diaper!!!

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with them. I love hearing stories bout people wearing in public. I would love to have the currage to wear in public.

MaineDL: If they are a medical necessity, you WILL have the courage to wear in public. There won't be much of a choice!

BLMProductions

Hey thats awesome to hear! I wish they still made them in small sizes for small people like me