Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For us teens I propose to you a question!

Default For us teens I propose to you a question!

So teens that know what you want to go to college for I propose to you a question that seems simple but yet grows more complex and buries itself into the back of your brain until you can't stop thinking about it and my dear fellow good hearted teens this question is: What do you want to be when you grow up?

My answer is: anesthesiologist simply because once you have had surgery eight times by the time you are fifteen you begin to see them as, and don't be afraid to laugh at this part, "bringer of the happy juice." And some of the true heros of surgery.

So what is your response? Oh and if your an adult feel free to post what you are and what you originally wanted to be.
    Last edited by maxipoo; 07-May-2012 at 06:39.

I want to be a professional ultimate Frisbee Player, what i'm going to be is an engineer who plays frisbee XD

Ok, this is a warring; dumb kids dream to follow......

i lived on the water, and i played on the water. i loved the water. so i dreamed of the water.....

when i was very young, i fell in love with the romance of the sea. the danger and fear of what was out in that big Pacific ocean excited me and frightened me; all in one incredible immense feeling that was always with me, calling me, anytime i lost sight of the ocean.

and too, i fell in love with the ships that fought on that big wide ocean. ships that seemed alive as if with their own humanity (when ever i had the chance to board one). and the Men who served those ships; i loved them too. they were what i wished i could be when i grew up. they were like the steel of the ship it's self. hard men every one.

when i was small all i could think of was when i grew up (when ever that day came); i would go to sea and fight in desperately courageous, if not epic sea battles, along side heroic men of iron will.

needless to say, i didn't understand war. or the concept of it being 99 percent boredom, and 1 percent chaos. well, not really boredom so much as training, drill and watch standing.

one day i found myself grown-up and looking for that dangerous adventure. so i volunteered (enlisted) for the silent service (submarines). mid 70's..... learned how to drive the boat first, and then became a Quartermaster. i learned how to navigate the the ocean. not just from the surface (easy). but navigate it's depths with accuracy, and everything that goes along with that. and too, i learned how to fight the boat. it was finely my dream. i was part of a weapon; a fighting machine; in a war (cold war).

of course, no one knew about the war at the time. most people don't know of it today. but that was the other thing i learned about desperate battles. you can't see them coming and you don't know where they were until 50 years later when someone declassifies them and writes a book about them.

i got my dangerous romantic sea adventure (oh boy did i ever). after that i change my sex, then i worked in civilian marine electronics on large yachts. then i got married and settled down as a home maker. what a life, not one i ever thought i could live in two life times......

now i want to go to college i think...

Quote Originally Posted by maxipoo View Post
    Oh and if your an adult feel free to post what you are and what you originally wanted to be.
    Marine biologist. I loved sharks growing up, and if the Discovery show Shark Men existed when I was 10, I'd have pointed at it as exactly what I wanted to do when I grew up.

The problem is that marine biology is a crowded field. There are a lot of people in love with the ocean, and since studying the biology of sharks doesn't really yield discoveries that can be used to make money, it's not a field with great funding. Statistically, getting to where Dr. Domeier is happens about as often as getting dual acceptances to Harvard Law and Medical. Since I had a shitty time in undergraduate, I rather sealed my coffin for that career.

Though, there is a PhD program I've found in Biomedical Marine Science that's on my radar.

Well I am cureently aiming to be a solicitor (fingers corssed for exams) This is because I have loved the legal system for some time, I don't know why I just find it fasinating. I think I first started liking law when I was about 12 ish.

Thoguh I have wanted to be many other things in the past for instance; policeman, formula one driver, astronaught, accountant (realised now how much I hate maths) and many other things.

Career Firefighter, I am starting the process now by joining the fire explorers. I dream of one day getting my pilots license to do water drops and possibly commercial flying.

It's only been in the past year that I've finally made concrete plans for my future.

Until just a few years ago I very much wanted to be a minister, and if I had stuck at it I would just be coming to the end of my probabation! Yes, in two months time I could have been trusted with the emotional and spiritual well-being of up to 1000 people! Scary stuff! Anyhoo, I didn't do that, and now I'm training to be an accountant. I'm not sureif that's what I really want to do, but I enjoy it, it's relatively easy, and it should have good prospects for ever more so...

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    It's only been in the past year that I've finally made concrete plans for my future.

Until just a few years ago I very much wanted to be a minister, and if I had stuck at it I would just be coming to the end of my probabation!
    A minister... on probation? Is this in the Catholic church?

---------- Post added at 06:57 ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Anyhoo, I didn't do that, and now I'm training to be an accountant.
    So, lots of counting things by category and coming up with final tallies?

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    A minister... on probation? Is this in the Catholic church?

So, lots of counting things by category and coming up with final tallies?
    Teehee! No, to be a minister in certain churches you need to do two years of probation, where you work as an assisstant minister to an already established minister

I plan to major in Computer Science, but for my career choice, I actually have no idea. I guess I'll have to figure it out over the next 4 years.