Thread: Upper back of diaper not absorbing?

Default Upper back of diaper not absorbing?

I have M4's and whenever I use them the back of the diaper never quite absorbs all the way. It seems like a waste of padding.

Do you guys know how to improve this?

MonarchMonk

If diapers aren't sometimes the right size then some of the padding won't be used. I've never used M4's but I'm guessing the extra padding is there incase any spare liquids try and escape or something.

You aren't ever really going to fully utilize the back of a diaper, unless you wet while laying on your back.

The best way to make better use of the back of an M4, is to recline while wetting.

You may try removing it and turning it backwards but that might present some fit problems. Other than that I don't think that there is a good way to utilize the back without risking serious leaks

Quote Originally Posted by FriedTurkey View Post
    I have M4's and whenever I use them the back of the diaper never quite absorbs all the way. It seems like a waste of padding.

Do you guys know how to improve this?
    I've never used an M4...however...I will add this. If the diaper absorbed "all the way" you'd risk leaking out the top...do you really want that happening on your nice clean sheets? :P

Also, if you're a male, chances are you will not use all of the 'back' padding in any diaper, as males tend to pee toward the front (back padding is more for the gals who pee down/toward the back). Of course, you can try using the diaper while lying on your back (for a girl lying on your tummy will get the front of the diaper to 'absorb more')

Most people complain that their diapers "don't hold enough" so I guess M4s are what we all need to try in order to get the best 'absorption'

I don't know why several are having a problem with this. Given enough drink before bed, I can with complete consistency wet an M4/L4 all the way to the back elastic.

I have to be careful though, too much and it will start to leak over the back elastic, so I have to be careful not to do any flooding once the back gets close to fully used. If you are having this problem and just want to fully use your padding, try switching to 3's instead of 4's. You'll get more for your money. If I drank way too much and still need to go a little more after noticing the padding high in the back is wet, I can usually roll over onto my stomach to get one more major wetting in by mostly/fully using the front too. But by that point I'll be changing out of a ~4 lb diaper in the morning

OTOH if you're a guy, sleeping pointed down, on your back, and leaking before you fully saturate the back of your M/L 3/4, "you're doing it wrong". See my last blog entries on how to leakproof your diaper.

i don't think it much matters what brand you are using unless you wet them while laying down or reclined position it won't get used.