Thread: A girl who like me to be condescending.

Default A girl who like me to be condescending.

Hi

This is going to sound like a really weird question.... I am seeing a girl, and she is a 'little', in as much as she likes to pretend to be a little girl rather than a baby... One of the things she's said she really likes, is for me to be really condescending towards her, and to talk down to her, as it makes her feel little.

Any suggestions on what the best way to go about this would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Coodie View Post
    Hi

This is going to sound like a really weird question.... I am seeing a girl, and she is a 'little', in as much as she likes to pretend to be a little girl rather than a baby... One of the things she's said she really likes, is for me to be really condescending towards her, and to talk down to her, as it makes her feel little.

Any suggestions on what the best way to go about this would be?
    Wow!
    your girl friend may have "daddy-issues" in one way or another. not that it's bad mind you. a lot of girls have them. i do. but it can be a mine-field at times. that is i have seen age-play daddy-issue stuff become corporal in nature.

maybe you should ask her how her daddy treated her growing up? that could give you a hint. maybe she was never treated as important in her home. only as a little-girl with no opinion of her own. told what to do and treated well as long as she did what she was told.

or maybe she simply wants to regress to nicer times and needs a push. a girls mind is complicated. it won't always tell it's self what it wants directly.

being "condescended to" can be simple things like holding her hand all the time and not letting her out of your sight. reminding her what to eat and what not to eat. helping in and out of places as if she couldn't do it by her self if you were not there to help. maybe even telling her what to wear or how to wear it. and it can get a lot more personal from there if need be.

it is also how you are talking to her while you are doing these things so that you reinforce the idea in her little head that she needs your help all the time. you can do this in a pleasant voice and gently with love. or (and i hesitate to say this) it can be harsh if that is what she needs and responds to.

but please understand this. this may seem like a game, and it may be a game for your girl friend. but it may not. somewhere deep inside there may be trauma hidden like land-mines. and then it isn't a game any longer i assure you! you could have a balling crying whimpering and possibly violent child on your hands. if that ever happens, please remember it's your responsibility to be her Father if this happens. so for god sakes, do it right....

take it from someone who has both lived it herself, and seen it in friends. it can be rewarding for both people. and at times, emotionally draining. and you may just see deeper into a persons soul than you ever thought that you could.....

the bunnies.....
    (more than one, less than one thousand....)

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    Wow!
    your girl friend may have "daddy-issues" in one way or another. not that it's bad mind you. a lot of girls have them. i do. but it can be a mine-field at times. that is i have seen age-play daddy-issue stuff become corporal in nature.

maybe you should ask her how her daddy treated her growing up? that could give you a hint. maybe she was never treated as important in her home. only as a little-girl with no opinion of her own. told what to do and treated well as long as she did what she was told.

or maybe she simply wants to regress to nicer times and needs a push. a girls mind is complicated. it won't always tell it's self what it wants directly.

being "condescended to" can be simple things like holding her hand all the time and not letting her out of your sight. reminding her what to eat and what not to eat. helping in and out of places as if she couldn't do it by her self if you were not there to help. maybe even telling her what to wear or how to wear it. and it can get a lot more personal from there if need be.

it is also how you are talking to her while you are doing these things so that you reinforce the idea in her little head that she needs your help all the time. you can do this in a pleasant voice and gently with love. or (and i hesitate to say this) it can be harsh if that is what she needs and responds to.

but please understand this. this may seem like a game, and it may be a game for your girl friend. but it may not. somewhere deep inside there may be trauma hidden like land-mines. and then it isn't a game any longer i assure you! you could have a balling crying whimpering and possibly violent child on your hands. if that ever happens, please remember it's your responsibility to be her Father if this happens. so for god sakes, do it right....

take it from someone who has both lived it herself, and seen it in friends. it can be rewarding for both people. and at times, emotionally draining. and you may just see deeper into a persons soul than you ever thought that you could.....

the bunnies.....
    (more than one, less than one thousand....)
    Thank you for the excellent advice. A lot of what you said is very perceptive, and is certainly true of her!

I would suggest things like taking her hand when crossing the road, use of affectionate terms like 'sweetie', smacking her hand/bottom if she does/says something 'bad' and a general assumption that she can't do things so you do them for her - like opening a packet or a bottle or helping her with a seat belt in a car. Comments like 'be careful' if she has a glass or something.
    They are some thoughts based on things I would like.

My favourite way of being condescending is pretending whatever she's saying or doing is actually of the age I'm treating her as. For example, take her mobile phone from her and listen to her protest, and then ask "Aww, do you want your toy phone back? You want to play?" Also pretend all complaints are babyish whines, "Aww, are you trying to speak sweetheart? Googoo gaga? Are you trying to say you want your toy back?"

I find doing this with a real persistence really pays off. They more they protest and complain they are speaking properly, the thicker you lay it on. Sooner or later they accept the treatment.
    Works with Talula anyway. But this is really for bratty girls who want to pretend to be older than they are.

If she's sweet and well behaved, condescend to her by letting her press the button for the traffic lights. Or explain in detail who to cross the road etc.

Thanks Yogi and Charlie for the help, again, excellent advice, and I'm going to try it out as soon as I get a chance!