Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I make my chest more feminine (Less broad and bulky)?

Lightbulb How can I make my chest more feminine (Less broad and bulky)?

This sounds like a sily question, but I was wondering how I could make my chest a lot less bulky and broad. I've lost a lot of weight and got really involved with cheerleading so I developed a decent bit of muscle mass through cheer season, this would be fantastic if I wanted to be a boy, but I want to pass as a girl, so its frustrating to me.

I currently weigh about 160 pounds, and unfortunately have bigger arms and chest. The rest of my body is actually pretty feminine, and I like that, I just need to change my chest area.

If you all could offer me any advice on how to change my chest to be a lot smaller and less broad, that would be amazing! I'm willing to try pretty much anything along the lines of working out and eating specific foods! Anything would work for me exept for taking hormones right now, hopefully I can start that in college later this year.

Start running your ass off, that will lean you out.

LittleDrummerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    This. In all seriousness, CARDIO - running is good, swimming is GREAT (I've been swimming competitive for 6+ years and I have quite a body, if I can say so myself), jumping, jump-rope, even high-energy games like volleyball.

Swimming is great, it's not only cardio, but a full body resistance workout too! Just remember to actually swim, not fat people walk around in chest high water for a while then sit in the hottub swimming

i was wondering what could possibly be done without taking some good old girl-pills.

Running didn't occur to me; Damn good idea, Little-Emo.....
    (of course running never occurs to me)

i know that some girls try taking nature estrogen containing foods (google it), or eat with estrogen containing plastics (read about bisphenol-a). and truth be told, most people probably can't avoid those things in their diet. so who knows how much one would have to ingest to have an effect.

you could always go see a plastic surgeon; i know a good one in Scottsdale Az. by the name of Toby.....

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Ummmmm......

rather large people and older people walk around in the pool like that to help their legs and backs...
    just wait until you get to be old, Emo
    (i will laugh my ass off and piss my self)

I pee myself anyway :P

I don't wanna get old, I'm kinda wrecked as it is!

the running is a good idea and you can dress to accentuate and balance your larger arms.

Swimming is not a good idea if you want to reduce shoulder/arm muscle mass. I was a competitive swimmer for years (fly/free) and still have massive shoulder and arm muscles. I do have the tendency to bulk up (which is unfortunate because I'm female bodied) but since a lot of male bodied people tend to bulk up too, things that require new and greater strength in the arm/shoulder area will cause you to bulk up there, exacerbating your problem.

The main problem is genetics. I see from your profile you have male genetics (but are transitioning to a different gender). The male genetic code is built upon having those broad shoulders and chest due to testosterone and other hormone development. If you ever wondered why men have larger Adam's Apples than women is because testosterone causes the build up of hyaline cartilage around the hyoid bone (which is seated in the neck). Exercise might be helpful in helping to balance those out, but having those types of genetics will still cause having a broad chest, and may increase in other forms of exercise unknowingly. It also increases with age (mine keeps broadening out the more I grow older, regardless of exercise). Hormone therapy would change that to some degreess (but not completely), but it is not something I would do or recommend at your age and development do to some serious side effects. I actually know some women that have pretty "broad" chests in that light, and my advice is to incorporate that more into your identity as something as normally feminine. Only use hormone therapy as prescribed by a doctor.

EDIT

"There's more than one way to be a girl." ~Lauren Faust.
    Last edited by Geno; 05-May-2012 at 14:44.

Just remember to actually swim, not fat people walk around in chest high water for a while then sit in the hottub swimming
    lolol

Kiani, my parents have a picture of me that was taken when I was 10. I used to (have to, extremely begrudgingly) swim two hours a day for a swim team. I looked at it the other day and I was like, whoa mamma, I was total ottermode! Now, I don't want to look like a girl, but if lean with some packed muscle is what you want then swimming is the way to go.

And weightlifters avoid cardio like the plague because your body loves to eat muscle to regain energy. Low fat stores + high muscle stores = not good for being RIPPED.

The good thing is that you'll burn a lot of fat if you have any (love handles, thunder thighs etc) if you do cardio and eat healthy. If you concurrently do muscle-building exercises (I like calisthenics) and cardio then you should be skinny.

(I'm not saying that having no muscle is good, just that this will get you that result)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	523919_3178888188649_1158973763_32447382_1500905361_n.jpg 
Views:	1695 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	8745Click image for larger version. 

Views:	1695 
ID:	8745Click image for larger version. 

Views:	515 
ID:	8746

I guess I made myself sound a bit bigger than I actually am. This is a picture of me from the other day in a medium girls T-shirt.

Now that I think about it I guess I'm smaller than most guys when it comes to size in the shoulders and arms, but they're still somewhat big compared to a genetic females. I guess this is sort of a 'duh, you're a boy' moment, but you get what I'm saying. Hehe.

I weigh about 169 pounds and I'm 5'8". So, I guess it could be worse. I've lost a lot of weight over the summer and into this school year.

If you all have any tips for getting smaller that would be great, thank you. Makeup tips and stuff is fine too, of course! ^.^