Thread: Children's day!

Talking Children's day!

Evening all,

Saturday May 5th is children's day (in Japan), so it seems like a good excuse to celebrate being a child (albeit a child who's a bit older than the run-of-the-mill kid).

I am going to paint my face and skip and jump around Winchester when I go out in my kids' clothes, get a load of balloons and have heaps of arguments with my big brother that end in name-calling. That seems pretty childish.

How are you going to celebrate children's day?

*waves*
    Davy.

I am going to go to the shooting range on Saturday to shoot all my books from this semester to celebrate getting through all my finals. Not very childish but still that's how and what I'll be celebrating this Saturday. Enjoy your personal holiday!

My boyfriend and I are going to the RenFest and believe in fairies and pirates We'd go diapered, but it's going to be a hot day!

Bear you just gave me the best idea ever. Thank you. When I graduate from CU, I'm gonna take all my text and a couple hundred rounds of ammo and go all out on them. It will be fun.

Fayte

I'm going to have a little weekend. House to myself, new shipment of Bellissimos, a new bottle (it's SOOO cute!).

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I am going to go to the shooting range on Saturday to shoot all my books from this semester to celebrate getting through all my finals. Not very childish but still that's how and what I'll be celebrating this Saturday. Enjoy your personal holiday!
    I left university under rather a cloud (I developed paranoid schizophrenia just after I finished my doctorate) and to make a clean break I burnt everything to do with my studies. I don't even have a copy of my doctoral thesis - up in smoke! Well... I did keep my junior fellows gown as I thought I looked rather sexy in it - Batman cape for academics!

---------- Post added at 02:03 ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 ----------

Last edited by LittleDavy; 04-May-2012 at 01:03. Reason: duplicate

I believe I will have the house to myself. Sadly, as things are, I can't feel little, not yet. Maybe once I make my escape.

I will do my best, though, to relax and maybe slip into my shortalls. I think it's supposed to be a nice day here. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDavy View Post
    I left university under rather a cloud (I developed paranoid schizophrenia just after I finished my doctorate) and to make a clean break I burnt everything to do with my studies. I don't even have a copy of my doctoral thesis - up in smoke! Well... I did keep my junior fellows gown as I thought I looked rather sexy in it - Batman cape for academics!
    I feel for you there, if I really cared about school I am sure I would lose it trying to do well. However the only reason I am in college is to keep a promise to a great man. So I will get my degree and go on with my life my way. I hope things are going much better for you now though. I think I would rather shoot myself in the foot every morning for the rest of my life than get a doctorate right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I feel for you there, if I really cared about school I am sure I would lose it trying to do well. However the only reason I am in college is to keep a promise to a great man. So I will get my degree and go on with my life my way. I hope things are going much better for you now though. I think I would rather shoot myself in the foot every morning for the rest of my life than get a doctorate right now.
    It was going rather well, I was a bit of a star, but once your mind stops working that really stops you doing the academic thing. My dream career collapsed in a few weeks.

I'm generally a lot better now, thanks, but I still have psychotic episodes occasionally when things get really weird. I'm pleased I haven't been in the loony bin for three years now. Teddy bears are always a hit in the nut house My life is far more relaxed and less of a battle than when I was an academic: I'm more me and much happier despite the problems.

It does occasionally generate a smile when I introduce myself as Dr Strange - although most people laugh when I say that (I've heard all the jokes) .

I hope you manage to get on a decent path once the degree is over; they are not as fun or necessary as a lot of people seem to think - a hundred times so for doctorates!

Good luck!
    Davy.