Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could anyone look at this for me?

Question Could anyone look at this for me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bed plans.jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	8693

How does the size on that look? Like, should it be longer/higher/wider?

I'm 5'5", and it only has to fit me and my plushies, so could any of you builders out there help me a little with measurements?

Also what's the best material? Like, most toddler beds are plastic with like, ply wood bottoms, and obviously I can't use plastic; so would something like oak work?

Bigger Picture: http://i.imgur.com/TuPFa.png

So glad I wasn't greeted with a picture of a deformed penis, which I was expecting only seeing the title and the first line. :P

On topic: I'm no help. Just here to make penis jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    So glad I wasn't greeted with a picture of a deformed penis, which I was expecting only seeing the title and the first line. :P

eudfhe Wow.

As a question, why not just use the standard dimensions of a standard mattress. For example, a Twin XL Mattress is 39" wide x 80" long. Or are you planning to make your own mattress out of foam or something?

Well; that does seem like a better idea, although I need to have a little room on the sides of the mattress, wouldn't I? No mattress fits perfect on a bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanu View Post
    Well; that does seem like a better idea, although I need to have a little room on the sides of the mattress, wouldn't I? No mattress fits perfect on a bed.
    Right, leave a couple inches on the sides and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Hehe, had the same thought when I read the title.

Seems like you have the length about right, but the width is about 10" narrower than a twin mattress. Why not start with a twin-sized wooden bedframe and just add the slatted sides? Could save a ton of work, and be every bit as sturdy as you would ever need.

There is a mattress size smaller than twin, I forget what it's called, but it probably is more expensive given the smaller need.

Yeah.....I think what skinnypuppy said. Would be much easier than trying to build from scratch (unless that was the intention). This way you could get a cheap pine frame and add to it!

You mention the base - I'd personally suggest slats as it'll be more comfortable (babies don't weight much so they don't compress the mattress anywhere as much as you will!).

You could even have one removable side which you could put back once you're in if you wanted to feel even more secure

i'd go for a 3 feet wide mattress.
    Attachment 8721

i wish that one had come up when i was searching for a new mattress