Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: South Korea: Worst place to be a DL?

Default South Korea: Worst place to be a DL?

Okay okay... I purposely made the forum title to sound like a sleezy tabloid well sort of.. ha.

Anyway. I was browsing my favourite time wasting website, which would be Wikipedia. Being the DL that I am, I couldn't help notice the entry on 'Diaper fetishism'.

As I scrolled down the page, I stumbled upon this:

"The South Korean public often views diapers in a negative light. A disclosed Naver cafe (similar to the Yahoo! Groups service) that is devoted to diaper fetishism was closed around September 2010 as the South Korean media outlets portrayed it negatively to the general public. Another incident occurred when a South Korean girl group, Girl's Day, were accused of wearing costumes that looked like over-sized diapers; dubbed it as diaper fashion."

Now this raises some thoughts. There is an active AB/DL scene in South Korea as the paragraph above tells us. But the South Korean MEDIA actually portraying it negatively to the public? I am not aware of any other country that has actively condemned AB/DLism in the mass media.

Also, I would like to know why diaper's are viewed in a particularly negative light in this country. Up to the point where journalists feel the need to write stories about the shutting down of a DL group.

It just seems peculiar to me. Your thoughts?

Here are links for reference. They are in Korean, but you can have a rough idea if you Google Translate..

http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/new...=2010091190797

http://news.mk.co.kr/v3/view.php?yea...494158&sID=300
    Last edited by RouteLeader; 02-May-2012 at 00:16. Reason: Added Links

As my (incredibly limited) experience tells me... family life and honour and "not being seen to bring shame on the family" are more highly regarded in Asian cultures than in the more individualistic European/Western societies...

I'm not really familiar with South Korean life, so I'm not sure how much freedom of expression is considered normal, but I wonder... What would North Koreans think?!

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    As my (incredibly limited) experience tells me... family life and honour and "not being seen to bring shame on the family" are more highly regarded in Asian cultures than in the more individualistic European/Western societies...

I'm not really familiar with South Korean life, so I'm not sure how much freedom of expression is considered normal, but I wonder... What would North Koreans think?!
    I often think that North Koreans (or at least the government) seem to hate what South Koreans love. South Koreans love economic freedom, democracy, 'viewing diapers in a negative light', capitalism, and education.

Therefore if North Koreans could rejoice in the fact that if their enemy hates loving diapers, the North Koreans themselves have a great reason to become DL's! Hooray!

It sounds like if you're a diaper lover in S. Korea, you might have to wear "badges of shame"!

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I bet north korea would be worse.
    UAE, Iraq and Iran would also be high on the list.

Its amazing that both Korea and Japan hosted the 2002 FIFA world cup, yet they have totally different positions on fetishes and kink.
    I look at awe to Japan and snare at Korea.
    I wonder what they would do in Saudi Arabia if they caught you with a fetish such as this when they cut off your hand for stealing and your **** for rape.

I thought South Korea was at least better when viewing on fetishes and such. But I guess it there are worse places to be a DL than South Korea.
    Come to think of it, where is the best place to be a DL? Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyfish View Post
    Its amazing that both Korea and Japan hosted the 2002 FIFA world cup, yet they have totally different positions on fetishes and kink.
    I look at awe to Japan and snare at Korea.
    I wonder what they would do in Saudi Arabia if they caught you with a fetish such as this when they cut off your hand for stealing and your **** for rape.
    I think in Saudi Arabia it would be easy to disguise a diaper fetish as a medical problem. Interestingly, I would imagine it would be quite easy to be a DL.
    Here is why:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	657px-Dishdasha.jpg 
Views:	1537 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	8689
    Typically, Saudi Arabians tend to wear the 'Thawb' which is a white sort of robe, which long sleeves. This sort of outfit would be PERFECT to disguise a diaper.

Saudi Arabia is a very VERY conservative society. If a man was seen wearing a diaper, I'm almost certain the public would keep it to themselves. Lack of free press and tabloids would ensure that a man wearing a diaper would not be sensational.

However- If you are caught risking AB/TB style activity, it would be hard to disguise this as a medical problem and the 'mutaween' (Relgious police) would probably rip your diaper off and set fire to all of your stuffed teddy bears . I would imagine they would more than likely associate this with a 'sexual perversion' rather than a lifestyle choice.

Back in the 1990's, a man from the Philippines living in Saudi Arabia ATTENDED a party featuring drag show. He was arrested by the religious police, given 200 lashes and ended up spending 9 months in prison before being deported. How imagine if you attended a 'diaper party', even if you didn't wear diapers, and you got arrested...

In the end, I guess you can't live openly as a AB/DL in Saudi Arabia. Either disguise it as a medical problem, or get out before you get lashed!

CrinklySiren

I would say the best places to be AB are most places in Europe like the UK, Germany, Sweden, France, Finland, Switzerland, Poland, etc. And also Japan because I hear they sell ABDL diapers in actual stores on the street. They also sell abdl clothing in stores too. The best places to be a DL would appear to be maybe Canada I guess since a lot of unique diapers come from Canada.