Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autism X6 premier Wednesday.

Default Autism X6 premier Wednesday.

It's a family of 6 autistic kids that range from classic autism to asperger's syndrome/high functioning autism. It looks interesting as two of the kids have the same autism as I do, asperger's syndrome/high function autism. Should be an interesting show.

Darkfinn

I think it is a bit pedoish of you to be discussing a 6yo in diapers and asking if it will be on TV...

Oh, really sorry about that comment, didn't mean to make it sound like I'm a pedo or something. I just removed everything about the diapers in it, now, could a mod move this out of this section now?

Darkfinn

My question is this... and I'm sorry if it sounds mean or insensitive... but what in the world would inspire anyone to have 6 autistic kids? I realise that autism, like any birth defect, isn't something you can control... but after the first two popped out autistic, don't you just stop at some point and consider the burden that these children are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives? Odds are if the first two turned out with problems... the rest will also.

According to their website, they didn't find out about the kids having autism until later on. They didn't find out the oldest had asperger's until 5th grade according to the site they got up.

I was wondering that same thing as well, why have more if the first ones had it so I did some research on it.

EDIT: Also, having autism doesn't really mean nothing nowadays. I have a form of autism and I still do everything people without it do, though I do have a very, very, very mild form of it, but I still have it and that's not stopped me from doing anything.

Autism is a genetic condition. It isn't usually diagnosed until after the patient is 3 years of age, or older. It is a very highly complex neurological condition, with numerous sensory, interpretive, and communication issues. I personally believe that the autism spectrum is worth some discussion here, some place, on this message board.

There are some facets of the diagnosis that many people here are highly unlikely to understand. Sadly, the sensory part is one of them. And this is especially in regards to items like color, texture, lighting, and environmental conditions. There is no joy taken in regards to the need for the medical products that are enjoyed by the AB/DL community. Rather, are issues with pressure and skin sensitivity that have to be taken into consideration. The reduction of environmental stimuli is of great importance to improve functionality, in addition to the required hygienics.

I give what I know here, in the most scientific and respectful way possible. I can't speak for everybody on the spectrum. What may work for one person, won't necessarily work for everybody else. What is learned on that program should be as important to adults with the diagnosis, as it is to parents of children on the spectrum.

The Honeywell 6180

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    My question is this... and I'm sorry if it sounds mean or insensitive... but what in the world would inspire anyone to have 6 autistic kids? I realise that autism, like any birth defect, isn't something you can control... but after the first two popped out autistic, don't you just stop at some point and consider the burden that these children are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives? Odds are if the first two turned out with problems... the rest will also.
    Because some people don't lack compassion and have a lot of love to give.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    My question is this... and I'm sorry if it sounds mean or insensitive... but what in the world would inspire anyone to have 6 autistic kids?
    It does sound mean...and rather cruel. You make it sound like people with autism are less of a human and don't even deserve to live in the first place. Granted, most parents will probably stop kid production when they realize all of their kids will have special needs simply because they'll realize they can't cope with all the extra work.

Peachy

I have the burden of having a pretty bad speech impediment. (ask Mandi and she can tell you how bad it is.) So should I end my life since I have this horrible burden for the rest of my life? Should I never have kids just in case it might be genetic?

Once one of my teachers, one of my favorites ever thought I had autism and should be tested for it. I was pretty pissed off at that idea since I was already dealing with having my speech impediment as well as being in special education for having behavioral problems. Which is the main reason kids are in there it seams. Anyways I had a autistic friend before and he was pretty normal or at least well enough to hide that he does have autism.

Yeah I menchened this in a thread a few weeks ago, I can't wait to see it.