Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have control of what you say after an IV? (Wisdom Teeth Removal)

Default Do you have control of what you say after an IV? (Wisdom Teeth Removal)

I am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow and will be put to sleep via IV.
    I'm kind of freaking out because I've seen so many videos on YouTube where others said the most retarded things when they came out of it.

For instance:

Go to 0:45, this guy thinks birds hated him because he was different than them:
    The Best of Zach after the Dentist - YouTube

Go to 1:05, this guy has never seen his sister before:
    Brother and Sister Dental Odyssey - YouTube

I just don't want to be talking about diapers to my mom.

i'm pretty sure you won't, even if you do i'm sure everyone will put it down to the drugs

This is because the anaesthesia gets absorbed into your fat and leaches out afterwards causing a hangover effect, it's very unlikely that you'll get anything as severe as this and everything you say will be considered stupid and put down to the drugs.

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I knew what I was saying after I woke up. I would be more concerned over how much your gums bleed after the fact and make sure you got good pain medication. Codine or something stronger. I would also advise getting tea bags to place on your gums since it helps stop the bleeding. plus it tastes more decent then gauze.

but yeah saying stuff you would never say isn't a common thing at all.

SarahNuk

Well, I'm not the authority on anesthesia, but when I had surgery on my Achilles' tendons, I was knocked completely out. The doctors told me that I wouldn't remember things, but I certainly remember quite a bit. I also remember becoming conscious again, and I was perfectly awake when I went home, so I know I didn't make any off-key remarks. My guess is that, if you do say anything strange, it won't be anything like this.

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by ownage View Post
    Go to 0:45, this guy thinks birds hated him because he was different than them:
    The Best of Zach after the Dentist - YouTube
    Oh lawd, now that says "As Seen On ADISC.org". He hehehe

This thread topic came up a short time ago, and at least half of our members told horror stories about coming out of the anesthesia. Most of them were babbling on and on about being a little baby who wore and used diapers. It was horrible. Some of them said that their lives were completely ruined. I was one of them. When I had mine out, I kept saying, "I'm a little baby girl who wets her diapers...da-da!" It was horrible I tell you!!!!!!

Okay, that didn't happen. It just seemed sort of funny. Fortunately, your better senses will kick in and you should be fine. I actually did very well when I had mine out, and was back to work the next day, directing a children's choir and singing. I think being knocked out is like being hypnotized. You won't do anything you wouldn't want to do. Since you don't want to consciously reveal your diaper side, you won't even while under or coming out of the anesthesia. Good luck on the extractions, and I hope you got a small laugh out of my silly nonsense.

I didn't really say much going under or coming out. However, I did have one goof when the doctor asked me how I felt right after he started the IV. I could almost feel it start to move all over my body, cooling me down and numbing my senses.

So, how did I respond? "I feel....interesting."

Just don't mention that second cell phone to your wife! (Hope someone picks up on the reference.)

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    This thread topic came up a short time ago, and at least half of our members told horror stories about coming out of the anesthesia. Most of them were babbling on and on about being a little baby who wore and used diapers. It was horrible. Some of them said that their lives were completely ruined. I was one of them. When I had mine out, I kept saying, "I'm a little baby girl who wets her diapers...da-da!" It was horrible I tell you!!!!!!

Okay, that didn't happen. It just seemed sort of funny. Fortunately, your better senses will kick in and you should be fine. I actually did very well when I had mine out, and was back to work the next day, directing a children's choir and singing. I think being knocked out is like being hypnotized. You won't do anything you wouldn't want to do. Since you don't want to consciously reveal your diaper side, you won't even while under or coming out of the anesthesia. Good luck on the extractions, and I hope you got a small laugh out of my silly nonsense.
    Ha, you scared the crap out of me!

Thanks for the advice everyone, surgery is in exactly 5 hours. I'll let you know how it goes.