Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had a stroke of GENIUS

Default I had a stroke of GENIUS

I found a way to keep nosy parents from opening your mail. Order them an anniversary present and some diapers, so that they come in the same box. Can anyone think of any holes in this plan? I need to know cause I'm about to try it.

Bambin04

Now this is one amazing 200th post, and yes you should try it!

1. They might not end up in the same box if they have to come from two different distributors, but perhaps you could just tell them to do that. I'm not really familiar on modern shipping protocol.

2. Even if they do end up in the same box, there's the problem of size. If you get a regular package of diapers, but throw in something about the size of a book, it will still look suspicious if your parents have good memory.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacore View Post
    1. They might not end up in the same box if they have to come from two different distributors, but perhaps you could just tell them to do that. I'm not really familiar on modern shipping protocol.

2. Even if they do end up in the same box, there's the problem of size. If you get a regular package of diapers, but throw in something about the size of a book, it will still look suspicious if your parents have good memory.
    Took the word right outta my mouth,,,,er right outta my computer before I could type it, LOL. Sorry to say, I think you need to do a little bit more work on that plan. Good idea, but needs some perfecting.

I have done something similar with a pack of diapers. I told mum and dad it was a christmas present for one of them and it was not to be opened by anyone else but me. Thank goodness for plain packaging. I did buy them a gift that looked like it came in the diaper box. No questions and no excuses needed :3
    This can work with a birthday present too.

If they go through your mail won't they look in the box anyway???

@ CreapyCrawlyClown if you are over 18 they are not allowed to open your mail. as for your plan it is flaued. if they see the mail and the size of the box they well be expecting a present close to that size, given in alot of boxes there is empty room but still. then like others have said it well probably come in 2 different boxes unless like you use amazons supersave shiping, but even amazon has sent things in more then one box when i used there supersaver shipping, where everything is meant to come in one box.

Quote Originally Posted by CreapyCrawlyClown View Post
    If they go through your mail won't they look in the box anyway???
    Not if I warn them ahead of time.

xmas is better just say you bought a bunch of pressies and one is theirs (solves the problem of not getting them a big gift), also there might be a weight issue diapers are much heavier than most presents of that size if your parents get it and get a similar sized lighter present they could put 2 and 2 together, pottery is always a good cover-up, a boxed vase or bowls might be the right size and weight ^_^

Who buys their parents an anniversary present? Christmas should work fine as it could be multiple presents but anniversary sounds off to me as it would for most parents. Besides an anniversary limits you to one order a year, come up with an excuse that you could use more than once because I'm guessing one order won't last a whole year.