Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boots Stay Dry range confused me! UK supplier of one of the Attends products.

Default Boots Stay Dry range confused me! UK supplier of one of the Attends products.

Earlier posts had mentioned the Boots Chemists own brand incontinence range. I have used - or rather suffered from these products over the years and was a bit sceptical about good reports for a new addition that is equivalent to an Attends product.

I looked for it but it wasn't available in my local branch of Boots. I did track one down last week and after looking at the official websites of both Boots and Attends it is clear that what boots are offering is a rebranded "Attends Slip Medium 9" in a smaller pack than Attends market themselves.

Usually smaller packs cost more than bigger ones, but in this case Boots are a penny per nappy cheaper than the official Attends site and if you order by post their delivery charge is less too.

What is really confusing is that Boots label these as part of their "Stay Dry Pants range" -and pants they are not! This is a very practical and cost effective two tape slip type diaper whatever you choose to call it!

I am at the very top end of the sizing for this product and it would be good if Boots followed up with other sizes of the same product.

Attends give an absorbancy of over 2100 cc but I think you would have to be very careful about fitting and not be lying down (especially if male) to come close to this without leakage.

yeah, it's not exactly a well-thought out revamp, is it? that said, and now we know, i suppose there's the convenience of them (if they have them at your local Boots - we've got 4 'local' Boots and the nappy type are only available at 1).
    for me, it doesn't really affect me too much as the Boots branch that stocks the nappies is only five minutes walk away from my regular supplier of Indaslips; and since i don't have to pay for parking there and do at Boots.....well, you know.

I have used the boots pull ups for men. These have been good to use during the day and much better than previous products from boots. The new sizes may be confusing at first, but suit me better than the old ranges of sizes. I dribble a lot, with some spurts of urine during the day, occasionally I have full on accidents (a few times a week). The new pull ups have proved great for me,easy to buy and discrete enough to be worn easily. I would not wear them for bed as I think they would leak. I am sticking to high capacity nappies by mail order for wearing at night.

My local Boots doesn't have the slips. Major city branch, you'd think they would. How do their Stay-Dry pullups compare with Depends pullups for absorbency? The Depends is not really enough for me but it's the best I can find locally.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    My local Boots doesn't have the slips. Major city branch, you'd think they would. How do their Stay-Dry pullups compare with Depends pullups for absorbency? The Depends is not really enough for me but it's the best I can find locally.
    i can name a branch for you to try (under 20 miles from manchester). if you want to know, let me know.
    but, the local Tena distributor is not too far from you and i've always found their service to be pretty quick around and about the south lancs area. i know some other local suppliers/shops you may interested in (depending on which products you want).

Yes, please let me know which branch I can try. (I tried to PM you but I'm not allowed to yet, but I think you can PM me).

Managed to get a couple of packs (the only two on the shelf) from Manchester today. I really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    Managed to get a couple of packs (the only two on the shelf) from Manchester today. I really like them.
    I seem to see these Staydry Nappies as 'doing the trick' when other nappies are not available. They fit pretty well on me, and the tapes are really strong, however I have this problem with the blue velcro things jabbing into my hips and absorbency is so-so. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have always bought mine in Boots Crawley, West Sussex without any problems. So availability to me is not so much of a problem compared to other more premium brands of adult nappies.

Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    I have this problem with the blue velcro things jabbing into my hips .....Does anyone else have this problem?
    yep. and yep, they could've angled the tabs or used rounded tab edges, as they (Attends) were told when they first brought them out, but they ignored me.
    the only workable solution i've found is to pre-deform the tab corners (the 'edges' that dig into you, that is) outwards, before donning the diaper. it only takes a little nip of the corner to encourage it to bend away from the body, which usually happens during fitting.
    Attachment 8720
    the tab on the left with the pre-deformed corner.