Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do psychiatrists say about DL's?

Default What do psychiatrists say about DL's?

I just want to ask what psychiatrists say/think about DL/TB's? If you could tell me because I am wondering if I should go to one and tell my parents it's because of the car accident we got into last year.

According to my mother, mine said I liked diapers because they brought me back to my childhood and it was a comfort thing. So basically he saw it as a regression thing. When people hear the word diaper, they think baby so when someone wants to wear a diaper when they don't medically need to, they see it as regression.

The best i've seen it described from a professional is "if its not negatively effecting your quality of life, or someone else's, then there is no problem." and "its a sexual deviation that is considered non-aggressive and non-harmful, therefore not requiring treatment."

Most psychiatrists would say that ABDL's are better off than most of the other clients they treat, as long as there are no other conditions present. It is usually something that's done out of public view, and even then it's just a temporary regression until the adult reflex sets in. A true ABDL can go without wearing a diaper for long periods of time, but will regain interest once they have obtained access to them.

Well I would imagine they would think that it is a mental disorder since thats what they deal with. A psychiatrist is a person with a medical degree that treats mental disorders. I think what you meant to ask was what a psychologist would say. The answer to that question is probably dependent on the person, since they have likely never heard of ABDLism. You may get anything from severe mental disorder to innovative stress relief mechanism. However if you ever find someone who has heard of this and is studying it, please please please let me know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    The best i've seen it described from a professional is "if its not negatively effecting your quality of life, or someone else's, then there is no problem." and "its a sexual deviation that is considered non-aggressive and non-harmful, therefore not requiring treatment."
    That describes mine's take on it pretty well c'ept the sexual part, he perfers to think it takes me back to a time when my parents cared for me as once I was toilet trained they treated me like shit from then on. It is true diapers can be sexual for me but 90% of the time their a comfort / stress reliving thing.

My psychiatrist told me I'd probably outgrow it, but that was back in 1970, so I'm sure attitudes have changed since then. Wikipedia has a very good article on Paraphilia Infantilism, so you should check that out. Most of it deals with the psychological aspect of infantilism.

ABs are mostly in the regression mode. but DLs are a lot wider spectrum.
    With DLs there are every niche from people that wear for convenience to near or full incontinent. the only missing part is the AB part.

There has never been a show that really got into DLs, So the public has never seen that part and thinks every adult that wears is ether a AB or is incontinent with a medical problems.

I my self am a DL and not into any of the AB part and wear because i like the feeling, the convenience and because i have bladder urgency.
    i have never had a pacifier, AB clothes, bottles ECT

While this is good for AB this still does not factor the only DL's who have no interest whatsoever in baby practices. . .