Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Abena replacing their diapers with

johnpeter

Default What is Abena replacing their diapers with

when they get rid of there plastic diapers are they going to introduce a new product or only have the premium diapers. if they are coming out with a new product do you have any idea when it will be released
    Last edited by johnpeter; 02-May-2012 at 08:38.

The new Comfort Line will be arriving in about 2 to 3 months.

The M4/L4 can be expected to remain plastic until at least the end of this year, possibly longer.

The new Delta-Form has just arrived in the States, you can read more about it in my thread here.

The other day when I tried to order some Abena S4, Save Express said they where out/discontinued.

To bad abena, you lost a customer, I ordered some molicares Super Plus
    (Their plastic line is WAY better than your "cloth" Air plus garbage)

Quote Originally Posted by ShortGuy View Post
    The other day when I tried to order some Abena S4, Save Express said they where out/discontinued.

To bad abena, you lost a customer, I ordered some molicares Super Plus
    (Their plastic line is WAY better than your "cloth" Air plus garbage)
    I am believing the same thing is happening for me because xpmedicial has said they would restock 2 times now and its late at night and still no restocking on the s4's. To be honest I didn't think they where actually going to do this. I like can not find a good small anymore either. I really do not like Molicare that much, but I guess its all that is left now that is decent.

I got a sample of Abena's Bambo Nature diaper, size 4. The materials on their adult diapers, is exactly the same as their baby diapers. The lining, and exteriors are made of the exact same material, and both breathe the same. I think they do this to make the lines more uniform, and it probably benefits adults who would be more sensitive to the plastic outer backing. I think people need to remember, that caregivers of adults are much the same as mothers of infants and toddlers, with the belief that a cloth-like backing is better than plastic. I think much of this has led to the transition to a cloth-like outer backing. As such, Abena will be my choice if I am to use this design. Otherwise, I would opt for Dry 24/7's. I honestly don't think KC cares nearly as much for their adult customers as Abena. Of course, the other option would be Bambino, which will likely carry on with the plastic backing for quite some time yet.

In all honesty, having tried both plastic and cloth backed diapers, I prefer cloth. Plastic ones make me sweat too much. The only reason I haven't bought Abena Premiums is the price.

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    The new Comfort Line will be arriving in about 2 to 3 months.

The M4/L4 can be expected to remain plastic until at least the end of this year, possibly longer.

The new Delta-Form has just arrived in the States, you can read more about it in my thread here.
    What about the M3? Will it be discontinued in a few months? If so I need to start stocking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Painn View Post
    What about the M3? Will it be discontinued in a few months? If so I need to start stocking up.
    As of February 11th (ish), all products (except the M4 and L4) were switched to cloth backing.

I would recommend you inquire about manufacturing dates before ordering, and do so as quickly as possible. I was told Gary at XP Medical may still have some M3's in plastic, so you might want to give him a shout ASAP.

The switch to cloth was rather abrupt, and most distributors are not aware they are even selling the cloth version yet. The packaging is exactly the same, so the only way to tell the difference is manufacturing date.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(This is a terrible move in my eyes. The Abena line is one of two that I really like, and I think I like them more than Molicares. This move would pretty much kill the brand for me.)