Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This outrages me... as a person with autism and and having experienced something similar!

Default This outrages me... as a person with autism and and having experienced something similar!

This just plain fucking outrages me! I had a similar incident when I was a kid when my hearing impaired-unit teacher bullied me and no one believed me! Then again this was the early 1980s and no one had any idea at the time I might be autistic! Back then, no one believed me about my hearing impaired-unit teacher bullying me.

Everyone had this idea that teachers didn't do this kind of shit.

Dad plants bug on autistic son to confirm school mistreatment - CNN.com

This just pisses me off royally! As someone who's mom was a teacher, who's aunts were teachers and being raised to respect teachers this just pisses me off! Where's the compassion! Where's the care?!? Sorry, this just fucking pissed me off and I apologize for my language ahead of time and if the mods want to edit it they can, I'm too angry right now!

If this happened to my kids I don't know what I would do as I have no kids and I have no possibility of having kids in the future but this just rages me as someone with autism. I was diagnosed in 2004 and that diagnosis helped me realize a lot was not my fault.

After seeing this story- one wonders about people and their humanity. It makes me have no faith in people.

WildThing121675

I'm also writing this one because I have two friends of mine who have sons who are autistic and I fear for them if they had to run into assholes like this.
    Last edited by WildThing121675; 26-Apr-2012 at 10:59.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    After seeing this story- one wonders about people and their humanity. It makes me have no faith in people.

Humanity is a construct. Civilisation isn't civil. Everyone's built to be an asshole to some degree.

I was lucky no teacher bullied me like that.

I also think some people just take advantage of the child's disability because they know they won't be able to go home and tell their parents. I was also lucky my mother always listened to me when I tell her things like how other kids were allowed to misbehave and I wasn't.

I did have a mean nanny however and I was unable to tell my mother how she was treating me. For one I didn't know she was being mean and I didn't know she was in the wrong. She was mean to my little brother too who was also unable to tell our parents. I also had a lazy daycare teacher too and she didn't want to work with me. I wouldn't say she bullied me, she was just ignorant and lazy so she kicked me out of daycare eventually. I was also unable to tell my mother then about my time in daycare and for years I just thought I was bad there until I was 12 when mother told me it wasn't me, it was the teacher. She said everything was fine there and so was I until she came along and wanted to do my age group and the teacher who was doing my age group wanted to do an older age group so she left me. I remember back then mom used to say to me "What did you do to the teacher?" as if I was bad and it all my fault.

This just plain fucking outrages me! I had a similar incident when I was a kid when my hearing impaired-unit teacher bullied me and no one believed me! Then again this was the early 1980s and no one had any idea at the time I might be autistic! Back then, no one believed me about my hearing impaired-unit teacher bullying me.

Everyone had this idea that teachers didn't do this kind of shit.

Dad plants bug on autistic son to confirm school mistreatment - CNN.com

This just pisses me off royally! As someone who's mom was a teacher, who's aunts were teachers and being raised to respect teachers this just pisses me off! Where's the compassion! Where's the care?!? Sorry, this just fucking pissed me off and I apologize for my language ahead of time and if the mods want to edit it they can, I'm too angry right now!

If this happened to my kids I don't know what I would do as I have no kids and I have no possibility of having kids in the future but this just rages me as someone with autism. I was diagnosed in 2004 and that diagnosis helped me realize a lot was not my fault.

WildThing121675

I'm also writing this one because I have two friends of mine who have sons who are autistic and I fear for them if they had to run into assholes like this.
    Not to mention the psychological trauma that poor kid went through whilst this respected figure, tore his self respect and dignity apart.
    I fume at this!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyfish View Post
    Not to mention the psychological trauma that poor kid went through whilst this respected figure, tore his self respect and dignity apart.
    I fume at this!
    under psychological trauma, google "DID" and then just wait for 20 years to see if that seed was planted and has taken root in the child.
    autistic children are less emotionally mature at any given age than their peers. abuse can have a more profound effect on them...... (on us)

i weep the children.
    and i die for the autistic chosen few, fore they are my brothers and i know their silent pain.....

Don't ever watch the news then, otherwise you'll see far worse situations then this. Anyhow to me this story is over, the people on the tape no longer work for the school district. So unless the dad wants to push for some sort of lawsuit against the teachers, possibly the district then case closed.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 26-Apr-2012 at 22:01.

I have autism and while I have not been directly bullied by an adult I have had some say some nasty stuff to me and also some that have done nothing to help me when I am getting bullied and instead insist on the fact its all my fault and therefore suspend me from school. I really think there needs to be a larger effort to promote an understanding of autism.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    For the love of god, don't ever watch the news then. Anyhow to me this story is over, the people on the tape no longer work for the school district. So unless the dad wants to push for some sort of lawsuit against the teachers, possibly the district then case closed.
    The story might be over, but the problem is still out there. It is this kind of attitude that allows stuff like this to continue to happen, instead of saying "its over and done with, move on" You should be saying "How can we stop this from happening again." just my

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    The story might be over, but the problem is still out there. It is this kind of attitude that allows stuff like this to continue to happen, instead of saying "its over and done with, move on" You should be saying "How can we stop this from happening again." just my

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    How long have wee been trying to stop bullying altogether and what has worked since then? The only way to stop stupid people from doing stupid shit like this is to catch them in the act which he did. Me saying "Aww I feel sorry for this kid I'll never see or know. I know ____, _____ and _____ who are autistic so this puts me on edge." How will any of that stop this anything like this from happening again.

Rather then criticize me for apparently not caring a lot about the story, let's hear you idea's for stopping it. Lead by example, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    How long have wee been trying to stop bullying altogether and what has worked since then? The only way to stop stupid people from doing stupid shit like this is to catch them in the act which he did. Me saying "Aww I feel sorry for this kid I'll never see or know. I know ____, _____ and _____ who are autistic so this puts me on edge." How will any of that stop this anything like this from happening again.

Rather then criticize me for apparently not caring a lot about the story, let's hear you idea's for stopping it. Lead by example, please.
    Don't get all mad at me, I never said that by you feeling bad will stop it. But acting as if you can't do anything about stuff like this happening is the problem. With that mindset nothing will ever get done. I wasn't criticizing you for lack of caring about the story so much as acting like it wasn't a problem. Your attitude toward it seemed that of "Yeah it happened, So what." once again just my