Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feel this way?

Default Anyone feel this way?

My mother in law knows I wear them but she doesn't know I wear them for none medical need.

But despite her knowing, I am still not comfortable having her see me in a diaper or even have her see me go grab a diaper just so I can change in the bathroom if she was in my bedroom. I am also not comfortable carrying a used diaper in my hand where she can see it.

Sometimes she comes over to help out with our son because I go to work and my husband needs help caring for him because of his bad feet. But they spend most of their time in our bedroom and she will stay in there even if my husband goes to work (she stays the night and sleeps in the bedroom) and watches TV. That puts me in awkward spot.

Anyone else feel the same way about people who know that you wear? Even if you do wear for medical need?

I've worn for medical needs for a real long time and you do get use to it. After one of my surgeries I had my sister in law
    changing my bottoms for 3 week that was not confortable but I was in no shape to do it myself.My sister in law is a special ed
    teacher and said it was no different then changing one of her students.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    My mother in law knows I wear them but she doesn't know I wear them for none medical need.

But despite her knowing, I am still not comfortable having her see me in a diaper or even have her see me go grab a diaper just so I can change in the bathroom if she was in my bedroom. I am also not comfortable carrying a used diaper in my hand where she can see it.

Sometimes she comes over to help out with our son because I go to work and my husband needs help caring for him because of his bad feet. But they spend most of their time in our bedroom and she will stay in there even if my husband goes to work (she stays the night and sleeps in the bedroom) and watches TV. That puts me in awkward spot.

Anyone else feel the same way about people who know that you wear? Even if you do wear for medical need?
    Personally i will always feel awkward, especially if my wife knows im wearing, because she doesn't experience diapers the way a ABDL would.
    I just feel it better if i could enjoy it in private without the silent judgement even if she happens to be supportive and tolerant around this.

I feel the same way about my parents, they know I wear but I still wouldn't be able to bring myself to have them see me in a diaper or even have them change me. If I needed help with my diapers because I was very tired or too sick to do it myself and mother offered to help me out, that be uncomfortable. It would also shock me too knowing she doesn't like it and finds it sick despite the fact she is a nurse and deals with diapers all the time at work. it be uncomfortable to change my diaper in front of my mother or put one on. I remember how awkward it was when I once got out of the shower and I put a diaper on and mom had to come in and use the bathroom and couldn't hold it she said so I was forced to let her in and I hid behind the door and mom saw me in it and asked me how often am I wearing them now and I said all the time, 24/7. I don't remember what else she said after that. The whole thing was uncomfortable for me. Then I felt better when she had no negative reaction about it. Sometimes I just view my diapers as my choice of underwear and things feel less awkward around them.

I know how you feel. I know my wife supports me and loves me, but I still don't like her seeing the diapers or me in just a diaper, so I always wear boxer briefs over them. I used to store a small supply of my diapers in the guest bathroom which is near our garbage can, but she wanted me to not have them in there so snooping guests might not discover them. Now, when I change I have no choice but to walk through the condo with the wet diaper to put in the can.

Even though she is supportive it is awkward. One way she has shown me support is by placing my bedpad on my side of the bed. She used to fold it and leave it under the bed for me to arrange myself when getting into bed. Like anything, it takes time to get used to, and we all grow together. I am sure you will get more comfortable with her, especially as she believes it is out of need.

CrinklySiren

I know exactly how you feel, Even if my mom knew the extent of my abdl ways, i wouldnt feel comfortable practicing them around her. As for my wife, she knows also and it took me a while to get use to being in my outfits and diapers around her, before it use to make me uncomfortable but now im fine with it, however I still have trouble putting a diaper on in front of her myself, if she puts it on my its fine, but if i put it on myself i feel strange with her being there, but if im already in it then its fine. It takes some getting use to but believe me its easier when its your wife than when its your mother/father/in-laws

My ex who was incontinent never let his ex see him in a diaper nor did he put one on when she was around. He wanted to be alone as he did it. But me, I was the only person who ever saw him in a diaper or put them on. His son never saw him in them either nor see him put them on. I guess he also wasn't comfortable.

my SO excepts and relishes my padding. at first i was scared to death what Karen would think of me as i didn't have the option of hiding the problem from Her any more. one day at my neurologist appointment the Doctor and i were going over my migraine and other stuff when the IC came up. the Dr. knew how long i had dealt with the cause of the IC and knew from years past my efforts at control it with meds and other methods. so it didn't surprise her when i had given-up and was wearing now. but knowing Karen and i for so long; the Dr. did laugh when Karen told her that i looked really cute in my diapers (which was news to me). at that point, the Dr. turns back to me to say that she has never seen me turn that shade of beet red before! and was i embarrassed?
    i just put my head down like a little kid. but finely we all started to laugh and it was fine. and she gave me a big long hug.
    Karen and i have been seeing the same neurologist for 12 or more years now.....

if i may suggest;

there may be another side to all of this; that of self-judgment. some may call it guilt, but i think it's more than that. i think that the light in which we judge ourselves are the expectations we have, or had for the lives that we live. our self-judgment then becomes our disappointment for the reasons we wear. and then it doesn't matter if those reasons are IC, DL, AB, sissy/Lt or anything else. we simply see our own disappointment reflected in the eyes of others around us. in fact we probably look for it i suspect.

even if the people in who's eyes we look, love us, our disappointment overshadows the light in their loving eyes.

even though i can put this into words and talk of it, it's still hard for me to put into practice in my own life.
    i must stop the self-judgment and pickup the self-love before it is love and not judgment i feel from others in return.......

it's not unlike changing the lens filter on a camera i think......

My wife is very supportive about my medical condition that has led to me needing to wear nappies. We do not make a big fuss about it, wearing a nappy is now just what I need to do, in the same way as you might need to use a walking stick or glasses or a hearing aids. Yes, nappy use is more tricky to get used to, but all my nappies are is a means for me to live a normal life when at the same time I am gradually becoming more incontinent.
    My wife never dressed me before my problems, and there was no issue with my underpants, before I needed nappies. So she doesn't put my nappy on me now. Over time we have bothcome to terms with my nappy now being part of my everyday clothing and that we just get on with it the best we can.

noctis

I've told two of my ex-girlfriends when we were dating and it was a little awkward to wear in front of them, but I'm slowly getting used to it. I'm realizing that the more comfortable I am with it, then the more comfortable others will be.