Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Japanese childeren's diapers

Default Japanese childeren's diapers

I've heard rumors here and there about Japanese diapers for teenagers with very childish designs. Do such things exist? If so, can I get them in the U.S.?

not as far as I can tell from amazon.jp, the pull ups go to 35-40kg (10-11 yo [at least I was that size at that age]) and the Diapers to 20-25kg (6-7 yo I think) If I could speak japanese it'd be easier to find out that sort of stuff ^_^

youngbear9

Could you give a link to those DylanK?

Note: I recommend using google chrome and google translate if you're not a japanese speaker (I'm not and that's what I'm using)

boy pull ups up to size 35kg may be tape diapers not sure
    girls pull ups up to size 35kg may be tape diapers not sure
    boys bed wetting age 4-7
    girls/unisex diapers for up to 28kg this page sort of makes me think that the japanese don't use tape ons after the child can walk... it say's this brand of pull ups is sold from 6-28kg (across 4 sizings)
    girls taped up to 25kg or not
    boys taped up to 20kg
    unisex taped up to 35kg (found in adult section)

for more browse the childrens or adult diapers I cant find anything teen specific though

Edit found some size guides and the adult SS size overlaps the children's very big size, childerns saying up to something like a 60cm waist and the SSs starting at 55cm but the same is pretty much true for abena XS and Pampers 7 although there I think it's a 5cm gap not a 5cm overlap
    Last edited by DylanK; 25-Apr-2012 at 04:58.

Just to warn you guys Japanese diapers are hard to get a hold of. Yes Amazon Japan has an amazing selection but they will not ship diapers (adult or baby) to the US. Your only option pretty much is Rakuten and that's way more expensive than Amazon Japans prices. I paid $80 for one bag of goon super big on rakuten. I want to order more but shipping is soo expensive especially when you are forced to order from more than one seller :-(

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Are you referring to Goo.N Superbig?

[removed]
    Last edited by Nihlus; 27-Apr-2012 at 03:49. Reason: Removed 18+ link

hehe I didn't say they were buyable just that answered the OP's question... for sales the only place I can find is Alibaba.com but you have to buy 52 pallets at a time so unless you can sell them on it's not worth it

You know, this is actually a thought: Bringing them to the American market. I bet 52 pallets would sell, too. I am sure there are a number of parents with larger kids, who are very much looking for a higher protective garment, and can't find any in the American market, except for Pampers 7, which is a very thin, cheap, and limited product.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    You know, this is actually a thought: Bringing them to the American market. I bet 52 pallets would sell, too. I am sure there are a number of parents with larger kids, who are very much looking for a higher protective garment, and can't find any in the American market, except for Pampers 7, which is a very thin, cheap, and limited product.
    There are youth sized adult diapers though maybe not many but they are available.

Well, yes, there are youth sized adult diapers. However: Do they fasten with a velcro tab on a velcro panel like these do? You are having to fuss with two tapes on each side, and then a double layer taping system, which many parents lack the dexterity and forethought to deal with. On top of that, I don't know of any adult youth brief (save for Molicare, perhaps) that would offer the absorbency needed, let alone the tactile feel and comfort that the Goo.N would offer. And here's an added bonus: The tabs on a Goo.n can attach to the front of an adult diaper with a non-woven backing, then the Goo.N diaper can be pulled up and centered, then the adult diaper can be pulled up and attached. That gives you a diaper within a diaper, where the innermost Goo.N can be removed when needed. And you still have the ability to toilet, and then refasten when able. All of this can be done in a standing position, no backing to the wall necessary, and in a very small stall space.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

And I'd also like to mention: The Goo.N would cover far more area than any adult pad, or even Pampers 7, so they can most definitely enhance the performance of a cheap Prevail, enough to actually make it useful at least.