Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defective Diapers

Default Defective Diapers

i am curious to know how many of you have worn a diaper that has been defective without your knowledge. I dont mean tapes as everyone has had that problem at some point.
    i recently wore my normal Molicare super plus to bed. Upon waking and i loaded that baby (both) before rising. After that i wanted to cry, my moli wasnt stitched in the leg gathers and a fair amont of soggy sap fell into my pyjama pants and on the floor. The messy diaper just went to a mad dash to clean the sap off the floor.

any other expiriences?

Rite aid fails to see that there whole line of Tugaboos overnights is defective because the right leg opening is wider then the left and it tears open like what you said really easy

My friend gave me a fabine to try after I wet my pants were soaked. come to find his cat had touched the diaper before and had a many small holes lol

I have had Bambinos leak on me when they were supposed to hold a lot, I have had diapers rip on me when i put them on, I have had a slit pop into the diaper when I had one on, one time an Attend leaked on me after one wetting when it was supposed to not leak at all, when I put a Wellness brief on my husband I got as a sample, it leaked after one medium wetting and he got his baby clothes all soaked and the mattress.

All these diapers were defective. Sometimes a whole pack is defective too.

noctis

I had a corner of the diaper from two diapers in a row in the same corner wherein the corner was not actually attached to the diaper itself.
    They were cloth-backed overnight briefs from wal-greens.

I had almost an entire pack of wings plastic backed medium diapers where there was a little pinhole in the front that leaked pee. I only bought the pack but I knew it came from a case because it was a clear plastic wrapping

My biggest beef with ups is that the elastic around the inner thighs/crotch stretches out after a few hours. It should be more like the waist band because that doesn't stretch out at all. Come to think of it.. attends pull-ups are good with that. Havn't tried abena or molicare yet, hope to soon.

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noctis View Post
    I had a corner of the diaper from two diapers in a row in the same corner wherein the corner was not actually attached to the diaper itself.
    They were cloth-backed overnight briefs from wal-greens.

I had almost an entire pack of wings plastic backed medium diapers where there was a little pinhole in the front that leaked pee. I only bought the pack but I knew it came from a case because it was a clear plastic wrapping

My biggest beef with ups is that the elastic around the inner thighs/crotch stretches out after a few hours. It should be more like the waist band because that doesn't stretch out at all. Come to think of it.. attends pull-ups are good with that. Havn't tried abena or molicare yet, hope to soon.
    *Tranquility pull-ups sorry.. nm i've never even tried attends pull-ups b4

I've gotten a few with pinholes in them before. Caused by manufacturing problems where the sap crystals end up right next to the outer cover instead of buried in the padding. They create high wear points and clothes will wear through the pvc cover where the crystal is, creating a pinhole.

What is a pinhole? I tried looking it up and got nothing.

About three depend undergarments I ever used had a small little hole. Probably caused by incorrect positioning when being heat pressed into the packaging. However the small hole was above the padding and wasn't a really a concerning defect. But from now on I make sure to look for any defects at all before wearing.

Gunny

Yeah I got some Abena M3's about 2 months back that didn't have any tapes on them, it took me a good 3-4 mins to figure out what was wrong when I was trying to put one on for bed.

I got a depend that was cut wrong on the back wings, so the tapes weren't in the right place at all. I've encountered several bambinos (this was a long while ago) where one of the tapes failed and came off; and only one bambino that must've had a weak spot in the plastic cause it tore wide open at the front while I was trying to put it on.

I have yet to encounter a defective dry24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    What is a pinhole? I tried looking it up and got nothing.
    In answer to your question: A pinhole is a really small hole, generally so small that even a highly trained human eye has difficulty detecting it; but it is a hole nonetheless and it is usually big enough to pass liquids up to medium-low viscosity.