Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Hair removal options thread help please

Default Another Hair removal options thread help please

Anyone have experience with specialty pubic razors meant for down their and under arms etc.

I am asking as I have been using a trimmer and regular razor their for a while, yes a separate set than ones for my face. But I would like to be barer(?) and softer than what those solutions have been doing for me. I have tried to wax and sugaring down their with the strips but the was just not strong enough it would leave skin nice and soft but would only pull out about the a 10th of the hairs on the first pass and get worse each pass after that.

Also I would consider having it done at a salon regularly on all areas(underarms, pubic, bum, bum split, back and tummy what little is their between the 2 and chest) if I knew what to ask for and if I thought it would yield better results. That and I don't know where if I could find a salon that would do this for a man, esp. Jacksonville, FL, metro area.

Back on point if the other solutions are not feasible, would a personal shaver solution like body bare(or any other brand that may be better) work better than trim and shave method, as that only last a very short time like 2 days at the most.
    Possibly so kind of Nair solution I have extremely sensitive skin so I don't know if this is an option and I certainly don't want to need to explain that to my doctor, though I could say it was for my stim pads that I haft use down there anyway as they work much better on soft smooth skin than hairy places, still would not want to deal with that irritation if possible.

Perhaps even a combo solution some kinda of a shave/trim + a wax/sugar/nair kind of solution. I just got my tax return so I can dedicate about $200 dollars initial to this, of course maintenance and supplies would be need for future things.

Or if there is a permanent solution I am up for that 2 electrolysis/laser that kind of thing if some one knows of what this cosmetic procedure would be called and perhaps a facility in Jacksonville, FL metro area that could and would do it. For a permanent solution I would have have about $1000, I could use as a down payment and still have about half my tax return left over.

Any advice would be great.

Laser is largely dependent on your hair color. The darker the better. take a look with a strong magnifying glass, that will tell you how many you actually have (there are alot of red and blonde hairs mixed in even the darkest face) I spent about $250 per session for my whole face with each treatment 7 weeks apart. If you have a high (repeat: HIGH) pain tolerance then you can juice them suckers harder and get better results sooner. I went from shaving every day with black stubbies left over to shaving fine blonde hairs once a week in 8 treatments, mileage may vary.

If you have that kind of money to put down, i would suggest an epilator, that actually yanks the hairs out. Otherwise there really are no razors that will get you smooth for more than a day, and soft is almost impossible until the size of the folicle decreases (epilator will make the hair grow back finer, but hurts to use :P)

any which way you go, there will be no "Permanent" solution. Testosterone pushes hair growth like mad, and even though i am hormonally female, i still have to have a touchup on my lip every couple months.

Best bet- Get an epilator, follow up with a good aftershave, then an unscented lotion a few minutes after.

I appreciate your response any ideas on where to find a good epilator. I have one $30 batter powered jobs and it just doesn't do it, most of the time it just pulls hard on the hairs then it loses grip its grip never removing the hair even after like ten pulls per hair, by which point I have had enough of the pulling with no results. If you know of that can grab and remove in one or two quick hard pulls that would be great as it would be like tweezing which I have no problem with the pain level of it just takes forever to do it one hair at a time. As far as the hair I am most concerned with removing 90% or so of it under a good 20x maginifer is jet black and coarse, the other 10% is mostly nearly black browns and coarse. My Arm hair and leg hair is about ten or fifteen times finer than my face and pubic hair/under arm hair. So if you know a good epilator for this situation I would be willing to try it, before restoring to electrolysis or laser.

If you're willing to deal with the 'ouch' factor and time input, a good hard wax will yield results--everywhere.

I picked up this kit: Amazon.com: GiGi Professional Brazilian Waxing Kit: Beauty

The wax warmer is important, it keeps it at the ideal temperature for the entire duration that you're waxing--and it could be a few hours or more, depending on what you're doing. I reserve waxing for the really coarse hair (pubic and armpit) that feels rough even after shaving; arms/legs/chest hair is fine enough that shaving is OK. Basically you just put the wax on with a wooden spatula (make sure you have at least 1/8", preferably 1/4" but personally I can never wait that long, of hair growth so the wax can grab it), wait for the wax to harden, then pull off in the direction opposite the grain of the hair growth. Repeat until you've removed all sections of hair from the area. Baby oil, of all things, will help with removing any excess wax from your skin after you're done.

I know too much about this for a guy, lol. I can give more detailed tips on waxing if you're interested, but if you get the kit it has pretty thorough instructions. Really, the only downer with the waxing is that it can take a while to do (takes me 1-2 hours) and the hair needs to regrow past the surface of the skin before it can be waxed again. The upside is that it only needs to be done every 1.5-2 weeks, depending on how fast your hair regrows.

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    Laser is largely dependent on your hair color. The darker the better. take a look with a strong magnifying glass, that will tell you how many you actually have (there are alot of red and blonde hairs mixed in even the darkest face) I spent about $250 per session for my whole face with each treatment 7 weeks apart. If you have a high (repeat: HIGH) pain tolerance then you can juice them suckers harder and get better results sooner. I went from shaving every day with black stubbies left over to shaving fine blonde hairs once a week in 8 treatments, mileage may vary.
    I don't know what area of Minnesota you're in, but on the off chance it's somewhere near the TC, would you be able to recommend a place for laser? I'm moving to the area and seriously considering having it done.

i never knew all that about Laser hair removel.
    but then i had my hair done the old fashion way..... i burned it.... Hehehe
    ok, so maybe it wasn't so funny.
    it sure wasn't when it was being done!

(electrolysis)
    ba hum-bug.... never do that again

I don't know what area of Minnesota you're in, but on the off chance it's somewhere near the TC, would you be able to recommend a place for laser? I'm moving to the area and seriously considering having it done.
    "Permanent choice" is who I used, they have an office here in st.cloud, and one or two in the cities.

Let me know when you move in, I will show you around

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    "Permanent choice" is who I used, they have an office here in st.cloud, and one or two in the cities.

Let me know when you move in, I will show you around
    I was leaning towards Permanent Choice just from looking online; it's good to hear an actual recommendation from somebody who's been there.

That would be cool, I'll let you know once I've settled in ^^

user13640

I wish I could shave... My dad gets I'm gay but doesn't want me shaving my body he says I'll regret it......

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by user13640 View Post
    I wish I could shave... My dad gets I'm gay but doesn't want me shaving my body he says I'll regret it......
    He does know that hair grows back doesn't he? :P You could always just shave places that he doesn't see for now.

Quote Originally Posted by user13640 View Post
    Perhaps he is referring to, the problems that come from shaving. Things like ingrown hairs, nicks, cuts, and the pretty uncomfortable feeling you can get when it starts to grow back. When I first started shaving it would itch sooo! bad when it would grow back and having very sensitive skin added to the discomfort. If you're not used to shaving you should probably expect a similar experience until your skin adjusts.