Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'd love to Wear through the Night but...

Default I'd love to Wear through the Night but...

I've been contemplating this ever since I got my diapers this week to sleep in them through the night. Just to to kinda feel that cozy comfort/relaxation and ever so often smell them and the baby powder. I kinda don't like admitting this to myself but I find it very comforting/relaxing to do so for some reason. It just feels so nice to feel cocooned in the dark in my blanket in a diaper...but...

My brain just won't shut up about this

Unlike some of the other threads I've seen in my short time here, I really don't derive pleasure or comfort from bed wetting. It's just not my thing, and I really fear it because I honestly don't want to clean myself up and my sheets afterward, and I sleep in different places a lot especially among friends. So if I do wear through the night kinda afraid my subconscious processes it as "ok! time to go!" and well there it goes. I've honestly never had a bed wetting problem before, and my mind is quite apt in getting me up sometimes twice a night ( I drink a lot lmao) but...

I'm well aware...

Of self fulfilling prophecies and the like and every person is different...but I honestly can't seem to do it. Perhaps I'm moving a little too fast in my DLism....has anyone else experienceed similar fears? Maybe I just need a shoulder haha.

Yeah and sorry if someone has posed this before (I'm sure) but hey..
    Last edited by Geno; 21-Apr-2012 at 02:37.

Hey mate,

you don't have to worry. You'll don't start bedwetting only because you're wearing a nappy if you don't have a medical problem. I wear a nappy every night when I'm home now and use it but still wake up when I have to go, no matter what. You'll probably had to go 24/7 for a while to do it subconciously.

Cheers.

If you ever take naps during the day (after a long day at work, etc...), you can try to wear during that time to help get you started. A nap is somewhat similar to a long night of sleep, only much shorter.

Taking from my experience, you would have nothing to fear about. I have no bed wetting problems yet I wear almost every night just because I sleep better with the feeling of a diaper between my legs. If you have total control of your bladder, I highly doubt your subconcious will detect that just because you wear a diaper, its ok to go. I'd say your safe.
    Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express

I thought that too orriginally no such luck! At first I didn't want that either but now I've sorta wanted It to happen at least once! So don't worry it won't happen even if you want it to you have to work at it to make it happen. so go for it and enjoy it through the night!

It never really occurred to me that I might become a bedwetter if I started wearing at night... And I'm pleased to say that after 15 years of intermittent wearing I haven't had any problems. During the winter I probably spent about 5 months wearing for about 2/3rds of the time, and overnight probably 5 nights a week and still... no problems at all. I certainly haven't wet in my sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    It never really occurred to me that I might become a bedwetter if I started wearing at night...
    My mind puzzles and puzzles till it's puzzler is sore unfortunately, that and it's been a stressful month lol. I try and keep a realistic perspective on most things, but I often get just a bit anxious and ahead of myself...I think I'll trying wearing tonight a bit.

I dunno, my pride keeps me from enjoying things sometimes too....just how it goes lmao.

Part of the anxiety sounds like you are afraid the diaper will leak, which sometimes they do, especially disposables. I have a very good mattress protector on our bed. I wear cloth and plastic pants, so as long as I don't flood the diaper, I never leak. When I first started doing this, years ago, I had trouble going to sleep because they were too sexually arousing, but I take it in stride now. It brings me a lot of comfort.

The important thing though is whether it would bring you comfort, because that is the goal. If you are uncomfortable with it, then it may not be your thing. My suggestion would be to get a good mattress protector, maybe some plastic pants and give it a try. If you still don't like it, enjoy diapers in the way that gives you the most comfort.

on the other hand;
    you could just keep wearing them and wetting them in the daytime for a few more days to build up a bigger experience base with the mechanics of your chosen diaper before you do wear them to bed. it may ease any anxiety and provide a better perspective.....

Quote Originally Posted by frank5 View Post
    Taking from my experience, you would have nothing to fear about. I have no bed wetting problems yet I wear almost every night just because I sleep better with the feeling of a diaper between my legs. If you have total control of your bladder, I highly doubt your subconcious will detect that just because you wear a diaper, its ok to go. I'd say your safe.
    Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express
    I agree with this Just because you're wearing a diaper doesn't make your mind change really. I'm not a bedwetter much either and I never wet when I go to bed with my diaper so,I think you're pretty safe.