View Poll Results: Do you think there should be more small sized diapers?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 84.00%
  • No

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need more small diapers

Default We need more small diapers

I have tried a lot of small diapers and am frankly upset with the performance on a lot of them. I do understand there might not be a lot of small people, but this is ridiculous. Companies can not just forget about small waist people in society. These companies are missing out on on profits. The companies need to think on how to produce a product and still be able to sell it without losing any profits. If any of you have any ideas for companies please post them and your opinion. I am hoping some diaper company reads this post in hopes that they will consider making more small sized diapers that are effiecent.

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Something needs to be done now about this. From all of the stuff I have read about other countries already having cloth backed diapers from abena, this leaves no good diapers for small people. We need to make a stand now: write essays, send emails, show companies that small people do matter.

I agree I am a 30 in the waist and the current smallest diapers barley fit me.

Definately. There's all these L,XL,XXL and so forth but there is none for the smaller side of diaper wearing.

I would like this too.

Bambino did make, what I thought was the perfect 'small'...a bit bigger than most smalls, but not so baggy, or wrap-a-round as the mediums. Problem was...there wasn't enough of 'us' buying enough to pay for keeping the 'smalls' in production...pardon the pun...it's not a very 'big' market...

I believe, that I asked them what the minimum quantity (pre-paid collective orders) would be to occasionally 'batch' produce the small size...they won't likely do this on their own...because they would loose much money to store...let's say a batch, that would take three years to sell off... Sorry, but I don't think that badgering the companies is of much use. If enough of us could guarantee the cash for the orders...they would probably make an exception...but, that still depends on the newer machinery flexibility...

waist 25, hips 28, and seat 34...the larger diapers are usually longer, and thus reach my narrower measurements...compounding the issue...

hola

yes yes 1000 times yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Bambino did make, what I thought was the perfect 'small'...a bit bigger than most smalls, but not so baggy, or wrap-a-round as the mediums. Problem was...there wasn't enough of 'us' buying enough to pay for keeping the 'smalls' in production...pardon the pun...it's not a very 'big' market...

I believe, that I asked them what the minimum quantity (pre-paid collective orders) would be to occasionally 'batch' produce the small size...they won't likely do this on their own...because they would loose much money to store...let's say a batch, that would take three years to sell off... Sorry, but I don't think that badgering the companies is of much use. If enough of us could guarantee the cash for the orders...they would probably make an exception...but, that still depends on the newer machinery flexibility...

waist 25, hips 28, and seat 34...the larger diapers are usually longer, and thus reach my narrower measurements...compounding the issue...
    I didn't mean one diaper company. I am talking about them all. Plus that is what this thread is for to help come up with ideas for the companies. Also no all of us like putting on diapers that go up to your chest xD.

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    I have tried a lot of small diapers and am frankly upset with the performance on a lot of them. I do understand there might not be a lot of small people, but this is ridiculous. Companies can not just forget about small waist people in society.
    But the thing is, they can. People with a smaller waist are apparently not buying as many diapers as those in the medium and up range. It's just not worth the money for them to produce diapers in a small size, as Marka pointed out.

If companies can't profit from size small diapers, they won't make and sell them. Simple as that. It makes no difference how 'fair' it is to smaller diaper wearers.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    But the thing is, they can. People with a smaller waist are apparently not buying as many diapers as those in the medium and up range. It's just not worth the money for them to produce diapers in a small size, as Marka pointed out.

If companies can't profit from size small diapers, they won't make and sell them. Simple as that. It makes no difference how 'fair' it is to smaller diaper wearers.
    Yet again people are missing why i made this thread in the first place. It is to show ideas for what comapnies cna do as to not to lose profits and show them there is still a need. I am not telling companies to make small diapers and loose a ton of profits.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    Simple as that. It makes no difference how 'fair' it is to smaller diaper wearers.
    True but surely there must be someone thinking about what happens to those of us who do have small waists. Say I was fully incontinent and can't change for long periods of time due to the nature of my job, I'd be screwed because wearing something like a goodnite or a TENA may not cut it. They may not be making a large profit so why not just make less of the small diapers rather than cut them out altogether? Lower demand, lower supply. It's not like there is no demand for them.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    They may not be making a large profit so why not just make less of the small diapers rather than cut them out altogether? Lower demand, lower supply. It's not like there is no demand for them.
    I imagine that the companies that make small have dedicated machines for them that run all the time and more machines to make the larger sizes that also run all the time. They have enough demand to justify it. With automated machines a lot of the cost is in the set up. After that all they pay for is materials and time. If you are a smaller company the cost of breaking the set up of mediums and larges which you can sell quickly to run smalls that you will need to pay to store while they slowly sell might not be worth it.