Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has it happened to anyone else?

Default Has it happened to anyone else?

I've been having a rather annoying problem lately, feeling the need to pee constantly. I have always had a rather weak bladder; as a kid I constantly had bladder infections and overactive bladder (i think that maybe why i was attracted to diapers/ the idea that I wouldnt have to always rush to the toliet) but it got better as i got older, though I never have been able to have a normal bladder capacity. Well in the past few weeks I have constantly had to pee. Its at least every half hour or so; and it's really starting to affect my life. I have to plan activities around the avalablity of restrooms, etc. There have been a few times lately that I had to hold it for about an hour so and just about had an accident I dont know what to do. It even affects my diaper wearing/ the times that I rarely get to wear i have to change often becasue I wet so heavily. It may be the fact that lately I have also had a unquencable thirst; I'm constantly drinking. I drink insane amounts of water daily. If I go for even a short time without water, my head hurts, I get dizzy, thoat burns. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I've been thinking of seeing a doctor, but is there anything that they could even do?

Well I'm pretty sure there is a lot a doctor could do in this case (and in a lot of cases). Even if there isn't anything that can be done (unlikely but still), at least you will know what it is, which is better then worrying at least. As for experiencing it, I haven't had everything. I'm almost always thirsty, likely due to the dry weather here, and my caffeine habits. I've had times where I felt like I had to go quite a bit, but that was usually after wearing and I'm pretty sure just my mind being paranoid xD.

see a doctor right away! the symptoms you're describing sound a whole heck of a lot like type 1 diabetes. hopefully it isn't, and you're just thirsty and peeing a lot, but those symptoms are nothing to mess around with. not to scare you, but if you have type 1 diabetes the next symptoms to appear will be coma, total pancreatic failure, and death. call a doctor now!!

yeah what he(^^^^^) said, find a doc now! can't believe you didn't talk to a doctor already...

The advice to see a doctor is absolutely right - do see one right away BUT don't jump to the "worst case scenario" too soon - my guess is that you will get real help frrm the doctor and whatever the cause is will be recognised and appropriate steps taken. Can you let us know how things go -we do care?

rgrwsty

yes

I had no idea that it could be serious I have always been the type to 'suck it up' when I dont feel good and keep moving. I automatically think when I'm not feeling good that I am just being a baby, and move on. But if this is something that could be serious, like diabetes, them I will call the doctor tommorow. Hopefully he can take me soon!

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    see a doctor right away! the symptoms you're describing sound a whole heck of a lot like type 1 diabetes. hopefully it isn't, and you're just thirsty and peeing a lot, but those symptoms are nothing to mess around with. not to scare you, but if you have type 1 diabetes the next symptoms to appear will be coma, total pancreatic failure, and death. call a doctor now!!
    My wife is diabetic and you certainly carry some of the symptoms. Being thirsty, drinking a lot and having constant trips to the bathroom are all the classic symptoms. Breaking into sweats, being tired and listless. Only a doctor can cross out diabetes. They will probably want to to a fasting blood draw. It's easy to do, so go and make the appointment.

The same thing is currently going on with me. I went to a urologist & am going back for some tests this week. I feel like my bladder is ALWAYS full but when I go it's usually less than 100 CCs! And I have been purposely dehydrating myself, but it doesn't stop me from having to go.
    See a dr., please!

well, I am planning to....I hate tests but if I can make it go away, then I defintily will go through it. But unlike you, ibeadorkable, when I go it is actually alot usually. Even if i just went! It's like what I drink passes through me immedietly without staying in my body at all!

---------- Post added 18-04-2012 at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was 17-04-2012 at 03:23 ----------

Well, I was just letting everyone know that i went to the doctor and they tested me for diabetes, and they said i didnt have it, so that's good. But they didnt give me any other explanation....nothing to help me. I guess I'll have to rethink my 'not wearing diapers in public' mindset. If I'm going to be going all the time I will probably wear diapers more so I can enjoy life outside my house without running to the bathroom every 15 minuets, its way too inconveient. So now i guess I have to find some good diapers.....but i wish they just could have helped me a little bit.