Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time disappointed, should have gone premium.

Default First time disappointed, should have gone premium.

As I've kind of commented in other spots, I bought for the first time yesterday a small pack of huggies size 6 and miraculously got my bum in them (I'm a size 29 waist) after hearing some wearing those somewhat comfortably. Still quite small though to wear comfortably for even more than 10 minutes. Though they are nice to wet and get a bit paddier after and feel pretty nice.

Last time I actually wore, I was 7. I remember those kinda squeaky smooth, crinkly plastic backed diapers that were so fluffy. Even had the nice little pastel designs on the front and on those lovely tapes. I remember the noise they made when you ripped the cover from the tapes to put them on. Plus that old power smell like I remember. I was thinking maybe they would still have that but when I opened the one pack I bought they don't.. Man it would really be nice to have those again that actually fully encompass me. This fuzzy clothe back stuff leaves a lot to be desired...

Guess after so long I was expecting that experience once more. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes a bit high lol, though wetting them was amazing. The regular old adult ones look ok, but I feel really odd buying those (might change) and would really love those pastel fun designs on them and to smell that powdery smell once more.

I've looked around and have seen some examples about, but anything pretty close to those 90's ones I once remembered?
    Last edited by Geno; 16-Apr-2012 at 04:12.

TheDirtyBandit

Well one comment is Pampers Cruisers almost always fit better than Huggies. Second, there's multiple ones but I'm going to leave that to someone who actually likes adult diapers so you get the right advice.

I know the feeling about adult disposables. Setting those aside for the moment... There are unfortunately very few plastic-backed baby diapers these days. Cool Diaps is one of the few, but the prints might not be your thing. I haven't tried them, as I'm actually a big fan of the cloth-backed sort. If the Huggies were too much of a squeeze, and yet you're still interested in trying baby diapers, give Pampers a go. Cruisers 7 holds the title for both length and width, being able to stretch to a full meter tape-to-tape. The other Pampers lines seem to be moving to the same manufacturing process, as I've gotten some ultra-stretchy Baby Dry and Extra Protection recently too. Bear in mind that sizes for Pampers are a little inconsistent: Cruisers 7 is basically the same size as Baby Dry 6 and Extra Protection 6. Stay away from Cruisers 6.

In adult diapers, I'm mostly into the ol' pin-on cloth sort, but I did recently try the new cloth-backed Cushies from ABU and was really quite impressed with them! In terms of construction and print, I think even the detractors will agree that they're the most like modern baby diapers of any adult diaper. Most disposable-wearing AB/DLs seem to prefer the plastic-backed diapers, and in that arena there are a lot of choices, none of which I have tried, and so I can't recommend anything. I'm sure others will, though!

Just get a sample of something "better". Abena, 24/7, bambino, even tena. If you're looking for a babyish looking diaper, the bambino classico and the abu cushies/drykids cannot be beat.

I'd have to say Bambinos are really, really close to the older plastic-backed diapers. So are Secure X-Plus. As a matter of fact, when I first got a bag of Secure X-Plus, I still had some of the 1998 Pampers 6 and did a direct comparison. Aside from some very slight differences, they were ridiculously close. Kind of like the Secure X-Plus was a big brother/sister to the Pampers. One of the only things you aren't going to get is that same "diaper scent" that the older 80's/90's baby diapers had. I've heard that the Mommy's Scents get pretty close to that scent. Here they are.

Mommie's Diaper Fresh and Powder Fresh Scents

I haven't tried them but this is what I do: Any time I'm padded, I have a tub of baby wipes nearby. The scent from the Pampers wipes, which are essentially Baby Fresh from back in the day (they bought them out), does it for me as far as scents go. For now anyway. I definitely would love to have that scent back too. I think that's part of what triggered my ABism...back when I was four there was a stash of diapers somewhere at home. I'd go to that bag and smell the diapers. A wonderful smell!

CrinklySiren

Ive tried Mommie's Scents and they're ok, my favorite one is the Powder Fresh as the Diaper fresh really just smells flowery and not much like the old fashioned packaged diaper smell, and the Magic Scent smells a bit too minty for my taste but its still not bad, but for that you could just add powder to all your diapers or when you are getting diapered. I personally think that the closest the the luvs or baby diaper smell comes from a deoderant called Suave Powder Fresh, but then again it IS a deoderant and the smell will go away unless you rub it in constantly. As for the diapers, your best bet is what was mentioned before, cushies, super dry kids and bambinos are fantastic !

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I know the feeling about adult disposables. Cruisers 7 holds the title for both length and width, being able to stretch to a full meter tape-to-tape.
    I'll have to grab a pack of those for now if that's the case. Thankfully being very fit and small waisted, I can squeeze into most things so I'm sure those will be a lot better than the ones I got. I just need like a few more inches lmao and these 6's are a vice...if ya get me.

I just looked at the Abu and Bambino ones mentioned...and I see ABU has a "replica 90's pampers" which look very enticing as well as the Bambinos I saw that have a recent article on them. Those prints are delightful!

I'm not sure what is with me and prints and the smell....I'm not even really that into (or have tried...yet) age play at all. Perhaps it is in a way..

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    I'll have to grab a pack of those for now if that's the case. Thankfully being very fit and small waisted, I can squeeze into most things so I'm sure those will be a lot better than the ones I got. I just need like a few more inches lmao and these 6's are a vice...if ya get me.
    Smaller = more diapers to choose from. And to think that, back in school, being able to fit into a locker was considered a curse! Pampers will still be low-riding, very snug, and not too absorbent. They are for BBs (baby-babies) after all! But perhaps they'll be a little better. On me, the rise is such that they have to go around the fullest part of my hips and rear end, being about 44" all told. They barely reach, and that's the best-case scenario for my large frame, I'm afraid!

I'm not sure what is with me and prints and the smell....I'm not even really that into (or have tried...yet) age play at all. Perhaps it is in a way..
    If you count a preference for babyish diapers as AB-ism, then many of the DLs around here qualify as partly AB. I suppose I have a particularly pathological case of form-over-function DL-ism, as I went Pampers- and Huggies-only for over 20 years. They're definitely not for everybody, but they certainly are easy to get! (And as babyish as they come!)

The ABU Cushies diapers seem to be hit-or-miss around here, due largely to their single-tape design. I happen to love the single tapes, and while I wish the waist had some elastic in it (like modern Pampers), I have to admit that they fit me extremely well as-is and are very comfortable. I believe both ABU and Bambino recently sold a size Small, which might have been the perfect thing for you. The Mediums may be fine too. Definitely do some sampling!
    Last edited by Cottontail; 17-Apr-2012 at 05:34. Reason: tpyo ... not again!

Heh thank you so for much for the input, Cottontail. It's certainly making me feel more at ease lol as I'm slowy coming to terms with it a bit better.

Strangely enough I went around to 5 department stores (walmart, walgreens, dollar general, ect) today as my part of my job and hit up the sections... and no one carries size 7 diapers at all, yet I see online by the manufacturers they do make them. I honestly hope they're not a special item ya got to order...I haven't hit Target or K-mart yet but I'm rather puzzled.

...and I see ABU has a "replica 90's pampers" which look very enticing as well as the Bambinos I saw that have a recent article on them.
    Honestly, you can't go wrong with either, but if you are searching for that early 90s look, go with the SDKs from ABU. They are a perfect replica of Pampers from the first part of that glorious decade. Although I've jumped over to team Bambino for now, I love everything about the SDKs, though, from the print to the single-tape system to the thickness. ^^