Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm Ashley

Default Hi, I'm Ashley

To say this is a bit daunting in an understatement!
    So, since I'm so nervous I can't think clearly, I'm just going to be creative and use the introduction template.
    I'm fairly shy, until you get to know me and then I'm just moody so you never know what to expect. I have a BA in psychology and a BS in kinesiology. Currently I am in graduate school getting my master's in psychology. I am also a certified personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine, however, due to an injury I am not practicing right now.

2) What brings you here?
    (interest in diapers/regression)
    I guess a general interest in diapers and regression and a desire to be loved/wanted is what brings me here. But I don't like to talk about that (yet...said the psychology major). But not only MY interest in diapers, but other people's too.

3) What are your other interests? My other interests...well, my cat, Poke is my number one interest in life. I love her more than anything. I love the outdoors, hiking, going to the beach, camping, mountain biking, exercise, yoga. I also love art, drawing, & jewelry design. I'm a total nerd & I love reading, whether it is for school or not. I also love to browse thrift shops & see what the strangest things I can find are. I love music so so so much. I have an anxiety disorder and one of the few things that relaxes me is riding the bus. OH! And I like recycling. Okay, way more than you every needed to know about me
    Oooooohhh and I totally wish I was a gamer. We have a Wii in the office of my apartment community, but high school kids are always on it.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

This one is hard for me. These things are hard to admit to myself, let alone a bunch of internet strangers. I guess I am seeking support- I already feel like enough of a freak because of my past. I'm looking for acceptance. And maybe some answers as to why I have this diaper fascination- something I can learn from other people here. Honestly, I am alone & seeing as I am bipolar, it is really easy for me to push people away. I want to have people to talk to *ANYTHING* about & I want them to feel the same about me. I'm tired of people being scared of me

Welcome to ADISC, Ashley! An excellent introduction, if I may say so. I think you've certainly come to the right place if you are seeking acceptance. This is such a great community, filled with open and caring folks that I am sure you'll fit right in.

What kinds of books do you enjoy reading? Anyway, welcome again and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Welcome from a fellow grad student. M. Div here and hope to also be admitted to an M. Div/ Psych program to offer faith based counsel.

Great introduction - Welcome to ADISC

This is a great place to come for support and to ask the quesitons you don't have anyone else to ask! my advice would be to make the most of it

I also totally get your love of cats, me & my wife are getting two burmese kittens in a months time and I can't wait!

Hi, Ashley! I really enjoyed reading your introduction - I have a bit of an interest in psychology, even though I'm not majoring in it. I also love cats - "cats rule, dogs drool" (I'm OK with dogs, but they're kind of smelly and gross).

Quote Originally Posted by ibeadorkable View Post
    To say this is a bit daunting in an understatement!
    So, since I'm so nervous I can't think clearly, I'm just going to be creative and use the introduction template.
    I'm fairly shy, until you get to know me and then I'm just moody so you never know what to expect. I have a BA in psychology and a BS in kinesiology. Currently I am in graduate school getting my master's in psychology. I am also a certified personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine, however, due to an injury I am not practicing right now.

2) What brings you here?
    (interest in diapers/regression)
    I guess a general interest in diapers and regression and a desire to be loved/wanted is what brings me here. But I don't like to talk about that (yet...said the psychology major). But not only MY interest in diapers, but other people's too.

3) What are your other interests? My other interests...well, my cat, Poke is my number one interest in life. I love her more than anything. I love the outdoors, hiking, going to the beach, camping, mountain biking, exercise, yoga. I also love art, drawing, & jewelry design. I'm a total nerd & I love reading, whether it is for school or not. I also love to browse thrift shops & see what the strangest things I can find are. I love music so so so much. I have an anxiety disorder and one of the few things that relaxes me is riding the bus. OH! And I like recycling. Okay, way more than you every needed to know about me
    Oooooohhh and I totally wish I was a gamer. We have a Wii in the office of my apartment community, but high school kids are always on it.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

This one is hard for me. These things are hard to admit to myself, let alone a bunch of internet strangers. I guess I am seeking support- I already feel like enough of a freak because of my past. I'm looking for acceptance. And maybe some answers as to why I have this diaper fascination- something I can learn from other people here. Honestly, I am alone & seeing as I am bipolar, it is really easy for me to push people away. I want to have people to talk to *ANYTHING* about & I want them to feel the same about me. I'm tired of people being scared of me
    A perfect intro deserves the perfect response (nice check) (humour check) (quote check)

Welcome to the site (welcome check) I've seen you else where before here ^_^ (connection check) (joke getting very old check)

I see you like books what fiction are you a fan of? And what music do you like?

Also there are many of us that have depression of varying sorts the people here are usually friendly enough to keep me on the rails, I hope we can do the same for you too. And here's one thing I can solve for you, you can't scare me off no matter how hard you try, once I make friends with someone there's nothing they can say or do that'll change that for me ^_^

Peachy

Why, hello there. Welcome to the site!

I was about to say that it's a rather unusual combination for someone to hold a college degree in psychology and to be an AB. I don't think I know many phsychologists whose interest goes beyond studying AB/DL or being the friend of someone who's an AB. Maybe I hold this naive idea that psychologists should be able to look beind the whole AB "mask" and should be able to analyze the deeper meaning behind people's need to be held/loved/pampered. On the other hand, I realize that having a college degree in psychology doesn't excempt anyway from being human or having needs...a bit like a friend of my family who has a degree in sociology but completely failed at raising her kids. Or maybe your presence here and interest in AB/DL means that ABism isn't anything that should be classes as an psychological oddity and is just something some humans enjoy for fun or for making cuddly friends.

Either way, enjoy your time here. I hope the lot of us doesn't get too weird for someone who knows the professional background

Peachy

DrunknFox

Poke is an incredibly cute name for a cat! =3