Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I went to the doctor for a bee sting.

Default So I went to the doctor for a bee sting.

Yeah after an hour of waiting (you have got to love waiting rooms) I had my sting looked over (my hand was all swelled up and fat). I was told to wait for the doctor, and here are this stack of blue diapers on a shelf in plain view. This is on a college health center, so I don't get how they could ever put those to use. I almost took one, but decided not to for obvious reasons.

weswissa

What were these obvious reasons... they must not be to me.

Why did you go to the doctor for a bee sting? Are you allergic?

And I know my dad would use them after he had back surgery. He wasn't incontinent, but hard to get up to go to the restroom. And easier to clean than those bed pans. Gross. So he'd just lean over, use it, then toss it in the trash.

I hear they suck anyway XD

"I need some diapers because my hand hurts.... Not all of those urinals can flush themselvs ya know? How am I to flush 'em?"

That would have been tough to lie your way out of... Aren't college health centers basicly just a hospital/medical school practice place thingy which is sometimes located on campus? I'm sure people get operations there that need the use of diapers during recovery.

Is a college health center like a regular hospital? Please enlighten me...

I'm sure there must be a few people on campus that must need to wear them, they probably know that there is a chance that they would need them so I guess it would make sense that the health center has them.

Darkfinn

Any medical center would only be wise to keep a stock of diapers on hand. What if someone suddenly develops a bedwetting problem or another form of stress-related incontinence?

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMommy View Post
    Why did you go to the doctor for a bee sting? Are you allergic?
    He said his hand swelled up. I would think that's a good reason to go just to make sure its nothing major.

As for a college medical center its sort of like hands on learning. I went with my dad to the Stanford medical center over here in Northern California so students could see how the disease MD affects one of his eyes/eye lids. he already knew he had it long before I was born, there was no treatment nor no cure. MD attacks the human muscles, some have it worse as well as in other places.

Darkfinn

A "College Medical Center" and a "Student Medical Center" are two different things.

I think the-ownage went to the latter kind... which is basicly a tuition supported free clinic on campus... they handle cough/cold/fever, sprained ankles, and the like... things that require medical attention but not hospitalization.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    "I need some diapers because my hand hurts.... Not all of those urinals can flush themselvs ya know? How am I to flush 'em?"
    I think the proper way or reasoning would be something like this: "I have to take some of those diapers until the swelling on my hand goes down, because my hand is way too big right now to pull my little friend out of my pants to pee"

Oh, and I remember visiting a family member and walking past a room (whose door wide open) stacked bottom to ceiling with diapers in various colors.

Peachy