Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody shy?

Default Anybody shy?

Just wondered how people feel about being shy? It's something that is deemed cute in a small child, but not when you are older. But its something that has plagued me all my life. I don't suppose it is going to change now and I sometimes wonder if it is a factor in my AB side - going back to a time when it was acceptable?

Just wondering what others think?

I hate being shy but it happens because I say the wrong things and don't know what be the right thing to say. Plus I don't want to make a fool out of myself if I ask something stupid or say something stupid. I have always been shy, even as a small child but lot of people don't believe I am and some may think I am shy when I am withdrawn.

teddybear206

im really shy like im a really sensitive guy who gets scared easily.

I'm totally with you there, Calico. Always obsessing about saying the right thing and not making a fool of myself. Even posting stuff on ADISC I wonder if I'm saying something stupid or whether it will come across right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
    I'm totally with you there, Calico. Always obsessing about saying the right thing and not making a fool of myself. Even posting stuff on ADISC I wonder if I'm saying something stupid or whether it will come across right.
    I'm pretty shy, and I know how you feel man. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I hate being shy but it happens because I say the wrong things and don't know what be the right thing to say. Plus I don't want to make a fool out of myself if I ask something stupid or say something stupid. I have always been shy, even as a small child but lot of people don't believe I am and some may think I am shy when I am withdrawn.
    This pretty much sums me up except I will add "I have very bad eye sight and am always afraid of bumping into someone/something, I can't always see who's talking to me so i'm afraid of speaking up because what if they aren't talking to me, and i'm always jumpy and spook easy when someone comes by or walks up"

i think it's cute in any age <3

Yuki9689

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Like LittleRobKY, it sums me up pretty well, but I'm adding something.

I can't say the letter R at all and I try to avoid it completely. Because of this, I get really embarrassed every time I have to say a word with an R in it which has just lead to me being more shy than I already was.

If I'm with a big group of people I tend to be quiet and just listen to everyone else. If someone speaks to me directly I am happy to respond and be a little bit more involved but I'm still not very talkative in a big group.

In smaller groups, 3 or 4 people, I will talk just slightly less than the other 2 or 3 people. If they happen to be fairly quiet/shy then I will be more proactive and talk more.

If I'm talking 1 on 1 with someone I like to ask questions and do more listening than talking. But, if that person is asking me a lot of questions then I will talk more than the other person.

In general I like to listen more than I like to talk. I consider myself to be fairly well adjusted socially but I am a bit shy sometimes.

The horrible about dl is it is shunned by the majority of people and deemed ''weird''. and yes I am shy.