Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you know what we need?

Default you know what we need?

you know what site we need next? we need a place that sells cute sewing patterns for AB's or one that at least sells better more affordable pre made ones. I mean sure you can "alter" childish ones but they don't turn out the same. you can make your own but if your a beginner (like me) you cant. and unless you have a very creative mind then that's out too. How much is it to ask to have cute frilly things that are at least somewhat modern? i mean sure you can find some vintage patterns for 30 bucks! but I'm not paying for a pattern that's that expensive and you still have to get the fabric! and the ones you see look like something that came from the 1950's. it shouldn't be to hard to come up with cute (and frilly) dress patterns that are modern. something else i noticed is all the custom AB clothes are the same way they look like something from like 1901! who wears that kinda stuff today? or even when they were a kid? given the fact that a lot of us weren't born before 1960! i mean if i want to dress like i did as a child i want stuff from the 80's/90's! ( the style from when i was little) not something a hundred years before my time! who agrees? and your thoughts.
    Last edited by Disneyprincess; 10-Apr-2012 at 06:06.

I was just thinking the same thing... I don't like all that satin lace poofy skirt stuff .I never knew anyone in real life to wear stuff like that . I want something up to date !! Kids wear cute stuff nowadays ! My favorite places that my nieces get stuff from are Mathilda Jane / Ragsland/ or Strasburg . I want like a cute little shirt with an appliqué and matching bottoms .

I couldn't agree more! It annoys me to no end. Today's little girls (and boys) clothes are just so cute! But all the AB clothing sites make things that are totally out of style I mean if you wanna dress young and go out, if you go out in one of those that screams obvious! It's just soo odd cuz no one wheres those things.

Well you aren't the only one !! It bugs me too !! There's only one outfit on CosynDry that I would even think about wearing . Someone has got to come up with a pattern for us regular little girls! I thought about using a pajama bottom pattern . Cute /little fabric and then maybe adding a ruffle to the bottom ?

Oh that would be soooo cute!! If you figure out how to do it lmk! Cuz I would deff make something like that!

I will be glad too....I think I'm going to head to Hobby Lobby or Joann Fabrics this afternoon after school/work . ( I am an assistant with Kindergarten) they also usually have fabric that has a gathered top that you basically just sew each side together to make a sleeveless dress... I bet it could make a regular dress too ...might be short but could be paired with some leggings.

I was at Target last night, shopping for a baby gate (for our puppy). That meant passing through the children's clothing section. My jealously meter pegged out upon seeing all the cute shirts and sweatpants. I could tell my wife was watching me and got a grin on her face. I would give anything to fit into some cute Disney themed shirts and cargoes.

I suppose this is pretty obtainable, as is. I have overalls and shortalls, but customized items like that are so expensive. It would be nice to simply grab a few shirts with a cute motif. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant or complex. Just something that I could wear under a sweatshirt or such that would make me feel little and content. ^^

Really, since so many of us on here obtain fun clothing over time and may want to pass some of it on, it would be really cool to have a 'for sale' section on the site. I mean, there's no better place to go for ABDLLF-related info; why not make it one-stop shopping and allow people to do a bit shopping, too? Yes, eBay has plenty of ABDLLF items, but most items go for quite a bit. Knowing that many members on here are younger and lacking a significant source of disposable income, if we could have older member pass on their gently used playclothes to younger ABs for a fair price, I think everyone would win.

Just a thought...^^

Onecho I think that is a great idea!!! As for getting some cheap shirts with cute motifs...I was look earlier at shirts that people "applique". You can google "applique shirts" and they usually make them for younger kids obviously...a truck...or the letters for their name..or for boys "mud"..or a number for the age they are turning...BUT..I found some people that do adult shirts...like a Mickey or Shamu ...for families that are going somewhere and want to match. You could get one of those and wear it under a hoodie or another shirt. There are lots of people that make those...and they are only about $15-20.
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-Apr-2012 at 01:27. Reason: Removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    I was at Target last night, shopping for a baby gate (for our puppy). That meant passing through the children's clothing section. My jealously meter pegged out upon seeing all the cute shirts and sweatpants. I could tell my wife was watching me and got a grin on her face. I would give anything to fit into some cute Disney themed shirts and cargoes.

I suppose this is pretty obtainable, as is. I have overalls and shortalls, but customized items like that are so expensive. It would be nice to simply grab a few shirts with a cute motif. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant or complex. Just something that I could wear under a sweatshirt or such that would make me feel little and content. ^^

Really, since so many of us on here obtain fun clothing over time and may want to pass some of it on, it would be really cool to have a 'for sale' section on the site. I mean, there's no better place to go for ABDLLF-related info; why not make it one-stop shopping and allow people to do a bit shopping, too? Yes, eBay has plenty of ABDLLF items, but most items go for quite a bit. Knowing that many members on here are younger and lacking a significant source of disposable income, if we could have older member pass on their gently used playclothes to younger ABs for a fair price, I think everyone would win.

Just a thought...^^
    That is simply brilliant!! That's one of the best ideas I've heard. But I totally agree about the shirts n things with cute designs. They should at least sell them online if not in stores they don't have to be custom made but just cute. What I wouldn't give for a little mermaid shirt with ruffled sleeves. IK that's not that hard to make, nor should they charge through the nose if they do manage it. *sigh* maybe someday we will see a site like that. Maybe someone will get the idea that actually knows how to create a site/clothes like that. Who knows...

I totally get what you mean!

My thinking is more not baby clothes patterns made bigger for adults but patterns made to fit adults with adaptations to make them more childish/babyish (ie. more modest etc.).
    I've notice a lot of kids clothing seems to be a lot like adult clothing but only smaller, a lot more modest and with cute details (ruffles, lace, buttons, pictures etc.) - I've been slowly collecting items of clothing and adding things (peter pan collars, ruffles, cartoon character motifs - I modified one T-shirt so it was like an adult version of the baby T-shirts with buttons on the shoulders for easy (un)dressing once).