Thread: help finding something discrete?

Default help finding something discrete?

so this is probably a way too frequently asked topic, but I was looking for some advice on trying to find some discrete diapers. I'll be visiting family soon and staying at their house part of the time, and need something for night(I'm only a night wetter) that will be really quiet and not bulky. I only go like once a night if that, and have a 32 inch waist. I was kinda interested in the new depends real fit, but I haven't heard anything about them yet, and I'm definately looking for something pull up style that you could find at any pharmacy or target, etc. thanks for any and all help!

Quote Originally Posted by Anomymous View Post
    I was kinda interested in the new depends real fit, but I haven't heard anything about them yet
    Then click here.

I question how effective any pull-up available at a drug store is going to be for you. They probably range between perfectly functional and disaster.

I've worn the CVS/Walgreens fitted briefs and they appear to stand up to one wetting well.

I was aiming for a pull up style because Ive never had a tape style that was very quiet. do you know of/use any that are quiet, and dont come up too high in the waist? and thanks for the link cottontail, didn't even see that thread until you posted that.
    Last edited by Anomymous; 08-Apr-2012 at 00:17.

If you want something quiet and discrete yet reasonably absorbent, I will recommend the Abena S4, M4, or L4 Premium AirPlus (depending on your size). And I will also adamantly warn you off of any pullup, especially the Depend garment you are considering. You are staying in someone else's house overnight, you need something that's quiet without too much bulk, but you also can't take chances with your friend's sheets, because you have had night issues before, and probably will again. The Abena is about the best compromise I can think of for your situation.

I was aiming for a pull up style because Ive never had a tape style that was very quiet.
    If you're looking for something discreet and silent, you could go with the Abena M2 Premium.

They will be easily twice as good as anything you find in a store. The problem I have with them is that they are cloth backed, but that does make them a little quieter. I don't find the M2 plastic version to be that noisy. I think they are essentially undetectable under jeans.

The problem will be if you are a side sleeper. M2's are designed to be more of a daytime diaper, in terms of the spead of the absorbent material. M4's have the side protection that you'll need if you end up wetting while laying on your side. I had a nap just today where I ended up wetting while sleeping on my side, and everything was dry (except the diaper of course) The M4's are kinda bulky, but I wear them 24/7 and don't have an issue.

Even just the M2's in cloth or plastic will be a much better option that almost any pull up on the market, and the fit will be better.

so this is probably a way too frequently asked topic, but I was looking for some advice on trying to find some discrete diapers. I'll be visiting family soon and staying at their house part of the time, and need something for night(I'm only a night wetter) that will be really quiet and not bulky. I only go like once a night if that, and have a 32 inch waist. I was kinda interested in the new depends real fit, but I haven't heard anything about them yet, and I'm definately looking for something pull up style that you could find at any pharmacy or target, etc. thanks for any and all help!
    Depends and pull ups in general work OK for daytime use, but at night they are worthless. Tape on diapers are your best bet for night time, and for discretion I recommend cloth backed. If you are not a heavy wetter, then abena M2 airplus is my recommendation. They are very absorbent while not being too thick.

Stores don't usually have very good products for night use, and I would avoid depends unless you need some protection during the day. If you can't buy online or don't have the time, then your best bet for absorbency and discretion is a store brand tape-on brief from walmart, walgreens, or cvs. They are cloth backed and absorb reasonably well. Depends max protection absorbs about as much as store brands and are thinner, but because they are plastic backed the discretion is iffy. Thickness isn't so much a problem until you are working with cloth diapers or dry 24/7, but rustling plastic really can be a problem.

Out of curiosity, what do you normally wear at night if you have enuresis. Why can't you just wear your regular protection when yo u stay with family. Good luck.