View Poll Results: Select one from 1-2, and one from 3-5. Select 6 if applicable, please.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer higher variety (>10 designs)

13 46.43%
  • I prefer higher quantity (<3 designs)

10 35.71%
  • I prefer 2-inch high tapes

6 21.43%
  • I prefer 3-inch high tapes

12 42.86%
  • I prefer 4-inch high tapes

8 28.57%
  • I'm not interested in diaper tapes

2 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Diaper Tapes: Is variety or quantity more important?

Default Diaper Tapes: Is variety or quantity more important?

Hello again everyone,

I've really appreciated your help on my AwesomeTapes thread, and I wanted to create a separate poll for a different kind of question.

So, when looking for manufacturers I discovered a couple of things.
    1. Tapes are sold in large rolls--requiring a large inventory of a single design
    2. Tapes can be sold by sheet, allowing for custom orders and lower inventory

I'm curious to know if you would better appreciate a higher variety of designs at a slightly higher cost (say, $0.40-$0.60 per diaper) or if you would better appreciate a larger quantity/lower variety at a lower cost ($0.20-$0.40 per diaper).

By lower variety, I mean something along the lines of this site, where you only have 3 designs to choose from and you buy a single design for 150-250 diapers at a time for about $20.00.

With higher variety, you could buy for only 30-40 diapers with the same amount of money as above. However, you could choose easily from 10 or more designs and be able to order up to 3-4 different designs per page of stickers (you could try all 10 designs on 3-4 pages). Higher variety, subsequently, would also allow you to try single-page free samples as well.

Lastly, I wanted to know what height tape you would like best. While 4'' high tapes might cover more area the per-tape cost would be nearly twice as much as 3'' tapes. At 1.5-2'', you start getting into the store-bought sizes available in art stores.

If you could also please give me your thoughts on sizing, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you, everyone.

Variety would definitely be important. I really can't help you with the sizing, though. Sorry!

Start out with a varity so you can see what sells. If one type sell alot more then the other then you get one in a bigger quantity.

As for size I think it would depend on design

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    Start out with a varity so you can see what sells. If one type sell alot more then the other then you get one in a bigger quantity.

As for size I think it would depend on design
    Thanks for the suggestion! I was planning on offering a moderate number of designs for similar reasons, in order to judge the landscape.
    Even then, I'd have to sell several cases of tape in order to clear the inventory (100+ rolls)--so I'm really curious to see if I can even sell that much in a year. I would hope that if I could get artists like TaviMunk, ToddlerGirl, and StrawberryNeko on board that many people would be interested and willing to buy that inventory. The polls seem to indicate that not as many people are interested in the artist as they are interested in the designs in general, so it may not be worth it from that point.

However, a large part of the purpose of the site is to extend and bring together the community. For this reason, personally, I want to include at least a few rising stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! I was planning on offering a moderate number of designs for similar reasons, in order to judge the landscape.
    Even then, I'd have to sell several cases of tape in order to clear the inventory (100+ rolls)--so I'm really curious to see if I can even sell that much in a year. I would hope that if I could get artists like TaviMunk, ToddlerGirl, and StrawberryNeko on board that many people would be interested and willing to buy that inventory. The polls seem to indicate that not as many people are interested in the artist as they are interested in the designs in general, so it may not be worth it from that point.

However, a large part of the purpose of the site is to extend and bring together the community. For this reason, personally, I want to include at least a few rising stars.
    Thats cool you want to start your own diaper tape business,

Since money is hard to come by in some cases,you would want to get the most out of your money so you would want more different diaper tapes to say and 3 in. is perfit size,average in the middle pricing

Oh! and if you really want to start a business,dont forget that some people dont have cards[like me] to pay for online things so a money order is a must...if you know what I mean

Hope that helps...☆Good luck!!!★

Quote Originally Posted by MegaChar View Post
    Oh! and if you really want to start a business,dont forget that some people dont have cards[like me] to pay for online things so a money order is a must...if you know what I mean
    Thanks for reminding me! I haven't thought of payment methods very much--so I'll look into it.

I would say from brief personal experience, 4-inch tapes are necessary for the proportions to look comparable to the tape zones on baby diapers. It kind of misses the point if at the end of the day, putting these on your diapers won't actually achieve something that looks like a baby diaper.