Thread: Why??

medicNS

Default Why??

Just looking for your thoughts on this.

Why do people "double diaper" or sometimes even "triple diaper"??

I personally think it is an astronomical waste of diapers and takes away from the ....babyish feeling of it all knowing that it is unrealistic.

1 thick bambino is more then enough to give someone an unmistakable feeling that they are wearing a diaper so why double it up and waste 2 at once...especially at those prices.

I just dont understand. Does anyone else here do this?? why??

I agree. Way not use boosters instead?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

youngbear9

To give that little "waddle" when they walk. I agree for usage purposes, go with a booster. But for waddling like an actual toddler (or penguin?) then that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by medicNS View Post
    Just looking for your thoughts on this.

Why do people "double diaper" or sometimes even "triple diaper"??

I personally think it is an astronomical waste of diapers and takes away from the ....babyish feeling of it all knowing that it is unrealistic.

1 thick bambino is more then enough to give someone an unmistakable feeling that they are wearing a diaper so why double it up and waste 2 at once...especially at those prices.

I just dont understand. Does anyone else here do this?? why??
    " Doubling-Up " can actually add to the babish feeling by causing the wearer to have a more pronounce waddle while walking, or crawling about. It can also be used to extend the amount of time of using and wearing, if the inner-most diaper has had slits cut into the protective, water-proof covering. I tend to wear cloth diapers most of the time, so nothing is wasted should I decide to double, or even triple-up my diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    " Doubling-Up " can actually add to the babish feeling by causing the wearer to have a more pronounce waddle while walking, or crawling about. It can also be used to extend the amount of time of using and wearing, if the inner-most diaper has had slits cut into the protective, water-proof covering. I tend to wear cloth diapers most of the time, so nothing is wasted should I decide to double, or even triple-up my diapers.
    But boosters can add more protection and even some waddling.

Many possible reasons.

For some people, thickness = babyishness. So doubling up disposables, while 'wasteful', is a lot of fun for others. Personally, I don't care for cloth diapers much, so when I want to wear something extra-thick (not often!) I'll double or triple thicker adult diapers. There's also an element of 'obviousness' for some people...one bambino is easily concealed, two or three and there's no way anyone could see you and not realize you're wearing an adult diaper (or have a massive ass and crotch). Some people like their diapers exaggerated and obvious.

It might not make any sense to you for people to enjoy this, because it seems like a waste of a diaper, but I feel the same way about many things. I don't get how people can enjoy crawling around and going 'me wan' botbot!'...that wouldn't make me feel little at all! Still, I know some people get gratification from it, and I wouldn't tell them it's 'ridiculous' and not realistic at all, because I know in the world of this interest, we all have specific tastes. Some things that make others feel like adorable little babies make me feel like an awkward, humiliated adult. And some things that make me feel like an innocent little girl would make other people feel uneasy or confused. It's just the nature of this 'lifestyle'.

Bear in mind, especially with 'luxury' diapers like bambino, we're already 'wasting' money (unless you're incontinent). People use diapers in different ways. Some people use them fully, flooding and messing. Some only wet, but still use as much of the diaper as they can. Some wet just a little. Some wear and fap and then take the diaper off. Some just /wear/ the diaper and don't even use it. Some people like to carry them into the bath and play with the swollen, soggy diaper. And yep, some people like to wear multiple diapers at once! In my mind, if your interest is being fulfilled through whatever you do in your diapers, it's not a waste!
    Last edited by CharliePup; 07-Apr-2012 at 17:31.

Some nurses in long-term care facilities are known to do this for convenience. They will apply two briefs, then on rotation, they will take off the outer, then the inner, and then place the outer back. This is often done against the policies of the place in question.

It's not necessarily wasteful if you're not leaking fluid into the second diaper.

Another possible way to look at it is that if you don't need diapers why are you doing this in the first place?
    One possible answer is because you enjoy it and you are willing to spend money in order to enjoy it.

Following this argument if people really like being doubled they can justify it the same way.

I do it for extra absorbency. The key is, making sure there are pinholes in the inner diapers so they work in this fashion.

If all you have available is depends or similar, believe me- doubling up seems like a pretty good idea when you can't even wet it once without making a mess.

Just my