Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accidentally telling?

Miku

Default Accidentally telling?

So, this summer, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled out. All four of them. On the first week. =/

I'm gonna have them knock me out so I don't feel any pain, but I heard when you wake up you're all loopy for several hours and sometimes say random weird things that you wouldn't normally say.

Now, I'm not sure if everyone's like that, but I'm really nervous to the point that I'm sick at my stomach over the thought of "What if I accidentally admit I'm a DL?" while I'm still all loopy and what not.

What are the chances of me accidentally saying something along those lines? :S

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
    So, this summer, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled out. All four of them. On the first week. =/

I'm gonna have them knock me out so I don't feel any pain, but I heard when you wake up you're all loopy for several hours and sometimes say random weird things that you wouldn't normally say.

Now, I'm not sure if everyone's like that, but I'm really nervous to the point that I'm sick at my stomach over the thought of "What if I accidentally admit I'm a DL?" while I'm still all loopy and what not.

What are the chances of me accidentally saying something along those lines? :S
    I was knocked out when I had a severely dislocated toe re-set, and I was fully coherent when I woke up. I'd say the risk of that happening is low.

Probably a slim chance, anyway even if you did say something revealing, you could probably pass it off as incoherent ramblings..."I said WHAT? Ha ha, I have no idea where that came from.."

Quote Originally Posted by CracklinPants View Post
    Probably a slim chance, anyway even if you did say something revealing, you could probably pass it off as incoherent ramblings..."I said WHAT? Ha ha, I have no idea where that came from.."
    This is pretty much what I was going to say - if you do say something by accident they'll probably assume it's just the anaesthetic talking

Go on youtube and watch the videos of these people in the recovery room after they've their wisdom teeth out. They say the stupidest things and it's hilarious so even if you did say something about being a DL I'm pretty sure your parents would laugh and think nothing of it.

After I got mine out, I don't remember saying anything crazy or anything. I felt like shit, and slept probably another 12+ hours afterwards. I might not of been able to argue politics or do math or anything of that sort of stuff, but it wasn't like I'd just spout off random stuff either *shrugs*

I'm sure you'll be fine I think for wisdom teeth it's a very mild knock out. Now when I had my eye surgery's (the one's that lasted 12+ hours) they say I was bonkers afterwards, admitting to things i'd have did from embarrassing for admitting, the good thing thought people will chock this up to the knock out gas and give you a pass, though it is weird having a full conversation with a full room of people who aren't really there or are they

Last time I had a general anesthetic, I was apparently a bit loopy afterwards. My sister asked me if I could remember what I was saying to her when she came to visit me... I can't remember, so maybe I did say something odd to her... I didn't want to press for details in case I found out I'd said something I didn't want to. Oh well, she still talks to me so it can't have been that bad. :-) I think that people will just think it's the drugs talking and ignore it.

Just had all four of mine pulled a few weeks ago. They knocked me out completely, or so they say. I'd swear I was awake, but that the operation lasted only three seconds. Lots of bleeding afterwards, but very little pain and no mental loopiness. The painkillers did make me very drowsy, though.

you should be fine. i did not mention anything about diapers when i got mine pulled. i did however talk in my sleep once well i was on vecatoin with my parents and almost said something about diapers. i know what i said because my parents told me what i said when i woke up and it was close. so i am saying you have a higher chance of talking about diapers in your sleep then when getting your teeth pulled.