Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't get rid of my rash

Default I can't get rid of my rash

I havent warn nappies for well over 8 months and i still have a rash that goes from my pelvis down to my groin around and up my butt cheeks around my sides and even just below my thighs. I use soap in the shower. I've started using sudocream but that seems to make it worse and breaks my skin.

What am i doing wrong

The way it sounds from your post, you've had a rash for over 8 months O.o

If that's the case, you need to see your doctor, and get some prescription creams to take care of that!

OTC Creams can work wonders too, have you tried any thing besides soap and normal moisturizers ?>

If not might i recommend Desitin. It can be a lil heavy and thick but i've found accelerated skin repair after continual use, i also have heard about others like anti monkey butt and butt cream and even goldbond and euceirn helping out.

If your too shy to being this up in your medical record you might want to give one of those a shot.

dude, more info.
    How does the skin look like?
    if you scratch it, does it smell like fish or something likely?
    does it ooze a clear or weird colored liquid?

It could very well be an advanced case of jock itch or ringworm. You might Google for those and compare the images and other symptoms to your own. Treatment of those requires an antifungal cream. Desitin would have no effect.

Yeah, it may be time to see the doctor. It may also be a yeast infection, guys can get it too.

If you're skiddish about the doctor, you can try getting your hands on some gentian violet first. it is a dye commonly used as an antifungal for yeast infections and thrush (same thing, really).

Coconut oil works wonders on rashes, too. Best of luck and quick healing!

You might to give the area some air as well. Alot of people like to spend a bit of time in the nude to make sure everything gets enough air.

I can't imagine you haven't seen a doctor. It could be some form of Eczema, or shingles. Who knows. There are so many possibilities that you shouldn't be fooling around with this. Go see a doctor and relieve your mind. They do have cures for most of these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    The way it sounds from your post, you've had a rash for over 8 months O.o
    No i said i've stopped wearing nappies for 8 months i've had the rash for years. but before it was managable and abit of fun. but now it's painfull and has flared up to al over my.....well front and back privates and a but on my underbelly

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrierlilfolf View Post
    dude, more info.
    How does the skin look like?[/QUOTE
    Darker then my natural skin colour brownish
    if you scratch it, does it smell like fish or something likely?
    does it ooze a clear or weird colored liquid?[/QUOTE]

not fish maby deep fried garlic with ozone would be accurate

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    It could very well be an advanced case of jock itch or ringworm.
    You know what thats probabily what it is i used to have ringworm when i was a teenager, but it cleared up for a while. So think it's that and years of nappywearing probabily brought it back with aggression

Quote Originally Posted by Veljie View Post
    No i said i've stopped wearing nappies for 8 months i've had the rash for years. but before it was managable and abit of fun. but now it's painfull and has flared up to al over my.....well front and back privates and a but on my underbelly
    Then you seriously need to go to a doctor immediately and be checked for viral, bacterial, or maybe even a parasitic infection...

We are a support community, and that's about it. The only medical advice we can really offer is to seek help from a licensed healthcare professional. In this case, I don't think any other advise would really be relevant.