Thread: My minor IC has gotten worst lately

Default My minor IC has gotten worst lately

In the past the only time I had an issue with IC was due to my herniated disc. when ever it flared up I would have issues with dribbling & other times just due to the shear pain of not being able to move & get to the bathroom.
    The past month or so I have been getting the dribbles well after I had gone to the bathroom. At first I believed it to be due to my back again having some minor pain due to some heavy yard work. A few nights ago I wet the bed a little in the middle of the night. This has not happened to me in years & was never an issue before. I am thinking now that it may be due to stress. I am going into surgery on the 19th for a colon resection & I have been a nervous wreck. I even had the doctor put me on anti anxiety meds because I had a few panic attacks. I am no longer on the meds just because I want to be off of all that junk before my surgery. Is it possible to all the sudden get stress IC? Or should I be concerned it is something else? I have told this to 2 different doctors so far & they did not seem concerned about it & want to take care of the other major issues first. Maybe once I have all the surgery stuff out of the way things will get better. IDK wait & see I guess.

So now I have been wearing diapers during the day to keep dry at work. I still feel funny wearing at night because I fear the kids will hear me crinkle walk to the bathroom. They don't know I wear still but they are now 15 & 16 years old so I think I am going to mention to them that I am in need of them. I am just afraid that I will be teased or when my kids get mad at me use it as an insult. They are on spring break this week & I have ordered 2 cases from XP that should arrive on Friday. In the past when they asked about the boxes I made up excuses as to what they were. I think this time I am just going to say what they are. This will help ease my worries up a bit & hopefully not freak them out.

Edit: I had the opportunity to be alone with my daughter this morning so I just came out & told her. I started off with asking her "would you make fun of someone with a disability?". She was a little confused at first then asked again if say she saw someone in a wheel chair or along that line would she be one of these mean people & make fun of them. Her reply as I thought was "hell no". So I started with my story of back problems & finally led into the problem I have & that it seems to be getting worst possibly due to stress. She really did not react one way or the other & she spent the rest of the morning helping me out side working in the yard even though I did not ask. I made a few jokes here & there about still being dry & not needing a change yet & she laughed a bit. She seems like she is fine with it all & dose not bother her. Next is my son...... this may be a bit harder to explain to him being a little younger & well, boys are a little less mature so I just need to catch him on one of his good days.

Feels good to be able to feel accepted in my own house
    Last edited by Grizz; 06-Apr-2012 at 18:13.

csaw700

Here's to hoping you can work it out. I'm your childrens' age-ish and have bedwetting problems so I know how bad it has to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by csaw700 View Post
    Here's to hoping you can work it out. I'm your childrens' age-ish and have bedwetting problems so I know how bad it has to suck.
    Honestly the worst part of it all is trying to hide it & feeling like I HAVE to hide it. Just goes to show how people even with a ligit disability have to live like they are doing something wrong even in our own homes.

csaw700

I still feel horrible when I'm already padded for bed and I go down and my parents are still awake. I mean, they know but still...

i wish you the best of luck in your surgery Grizz, i ope that it goes perfectly, and i think stress can definitely ad to your IC, it has for me in the past. Its because your too occupied and have a lot on your mind, just take everything slowly and try not to worry too much cause it'll only make you stress more.

I still feel horrible when I'm already padded for bed and I go down and my parents are still awake. I mean, they know but still...
    Yeah I know total embarrassment even when you are 43. Well that's why there is ADISC *hugs*

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTushy View Post
    i wish you the best of luck in your surgery Grizz, i ope that it goes perfectly, and i think stress can definitely ad to your IC, it has for me in the past. Its because your too occupied and have a lot on your mind, just take everything slowly and try not to worry too much cause it'll only make you stress more.
    I am also having issues with my wife so that just adds to it all. I am sure things will go well with the surgery I am just not looking forward to having to deal with my wife while I am at home recuperating for 6 weeks. I think that has me stressed out the most.

csaw700

Definitely. Good luck with everything seriously! You deserve to be happy and not have this IC get you down.

Definitely. Good luck with everything seriously! You deserve to be happy and not have this IC get you down.
    Thanks

Griz,
    If you have any lower back trouble, that could be the cause. My nerves are messed up down there. The nerves control your bladder. Good luck to you!