Thread: Swiffer wet pads a life saver

RainbowShy

Default Swiffer wet pads a life saver

Mind you, I pee a lot when I wear diapers. So I found a swiffer wet pad and peed in it with a diaper on and it absorbed ALL my pee. I was so happy and surprised considering that it worked. XD

Has any else tried this? :O I am just curious. I might try to find my mom's other swiffer pads since she never uses them.

I seem to recall somebody else having tried this also. I haven't, though I do own a Swiffer. The pads are basically just a thin sponge (no SAP--wouldn't make sense) so I wouldn't expect much for absorbency, but if they work, great! They do cost about 5x what an actual diaper booster costs, mind you! (About $1 each.)

RainbowShy

These ones have a plastic thing on them. It's like a diaper except it's a pad... so to speak. XD

CrinklySiren

Is it safe to have these against your skin? Like there are no chemicals in them or anything? Because if not im willing to give it a shot! Plz reply someone!

I think it would be considerably safer to invest in some liners or male guards. Using a swiffer pad in your diaper seems tantamount to washing your hands with bleach.

RainbowShy

I've actually applied lots of deodarant to them to make them a little more easier to use. It might be better to consider baby powder since they aren't really soft on your skin. But the plastic coating under neath does work like a diaper. I've tried it since for me, I leak a lot.

I have to agree on the hands with bleach scenario. Won't it be like washing your privates with Mop and Shine? You must have a massive pain tolerance. Would it actually feel better if you used a floor buffer??

I'm sorry, KimiKitty. It's just so funny! But I really hope they don't put any harmful chemicals in those things, and that would be for your own safety. I really do, strongly recommend that you purchase some diaper doublers. They are far softer, and much better for the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    Using a swiffer pad in your diaper seems tantamount to washing your hands with bleach.
    The Swiffer pads don't have any cleansers in them, they're just a very thin sponge. The cleansers come in a bottle that you attach to your Swiffer.

Cushiebabe

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    The Swiffer pads don't have any cleansers in them, they're just a very thin sponge. The cleansers come in a bottle that you attach to your Swiffer.
    I think a booster pad is a better option.