Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...hello.

Default ...hello.

Hello all. IímÖ well, you can read the username, so thatís a bit pointless. And if you canít read the username then you probably canít read at all, so I suppose itís a little pointless trying to apologise and oh dear I appear to have gone off on a tangent. Let me start again.

Hello. The username pretty much says it all. I was quite nervous about even joining this site, primarily because Iím, well, cynical and paranoid. I know that thereís little chance of anyone finding me in real life because of what theyíve read here, but itís always been a doubt at the back of my mind. So please excuse this thing if it reads as awkward, because itís probably been through a few thousand drafts where it was even more awkward. Other traits of mine that arenít in my username are my eccentricity and sense of humour, as well as my tendency to ramble, which youíve already read above. Sorry about that. In my free time I do a few things- gaming is probably your normal one, but I also write scripts for short films I make with friends, and filmmaking is probably my favourite hobby. Given that I tend to write slightly zany comedies, I also make a lot of props and stuff in my spare time. Finally, I fence. Thereís nothing like taking out your frustration with the world on someone with a sword.

As for why Iím here outside of the obvious, Iím mainly here for the various perspectives of AB/DLism. Heck, you all seem to know a lot more about it than I do. Itís my demotion to Lurker status that prompted me to write this, because of the cut-off from the forums. So far Iíve found them to be helpful and interesting, though itís probably take me a while to pluck up the courage to start posting much- even this was difficult.

LOL! Funny intro, I hope your able to become a little less paranoid on this site. no one wants to figure out who you really are if you don't want them to. well I hope you enjoy the site and welcome!

Ryga

There's no need to be paranoid, because everyone here is really friendly and wouldn't give away your secret (or anyone else's for that matter) because, well... We all have the same secret. I know your nervous about this kind of stuff because almost everyone is when they join (I know I was pretty hesitant about joining). Trust me, if you get involved it pays off. I've been on here for a little less than a month and I'm pretty comfortable with who I am and expressing it with others on the site, so you should be too. I hope you enjoy your stay here and don't be hesitent to get to know some people.

Hello and welcome to ADISC. I can certainly understand and sympathize with how you feel about having to de-lurk, but you've joined probably one of the best ABDL communities out there, so you should be able to rest a bit easier.

How long have you been into film-making? I know you mentioned it was a hobby but do you enter your films in any competitions or is it truly just for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAndParanoid View Post
    Finally, I fence.
    When I read this I was thinking in terms of Oblivion, and was debating asking if you knew the Grey Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAndParanoid View Post
    There’s nothing like taking out your frustration with the world on someone with a sword.
    This shattered my hopes and dreams though . But is nonetheless an awesome thing to do.

Hi, CynicalAndParanoid. Welcome to ADISC as a member, and not just a lurker. That was a nice intro. I had very similar feelings when I first joined this community, but I am so very glad that I set the nervous, paranoid feelings aside, and became a member. I hope that in a very short time, you begin to feel quite comfortable here, and join in the many topics of discussion going on. You are among friends here, we really do want to read about your opinions and observatioins, and we will try to answer any and all questions you may have. Take care, and I hope to be reading your posts on the boards very soon.

Right, time for some replies:

Yeah, I know nobody is trying to figure out who I am, but still. It's irrational, and I know it. As for my nervousness, I don't know why, I but I find that discussing my AB side is difficult. I wouldn't want to meet another AB in real life, because I'd just find it awkward. Same goes here.

How long have you been into film-making? I know you mentioned it was a hobby but do you enter your films in any competitions or is it truly just for fun?
    I've been into it for about three years. I've made a few projects by myself and with a friend or two, but I was able to start a filmmaking group at my school this academic year, so I wrote a half-hour script and we've almost finished it, after shooting a few hours a week. I don't enter this stuff into competitions, mostly because I'm still learning directorial stuff and also because I have no budget, so nothing looks good. I'm trying to make the projects succeed because of the writing, not the props or effects.

When I read this I was thinking in terms of Oblivion, and was debating asking if you knew the Grey Fox.
    I've never played it, but I've been meaning to. But sadly, no, I don't know the Grey Fox. I'll get a dustpan and brush to clean up your dream there.

Hey there cynicalandparanoid, don't fret about people finding you out on this site because we are all pretty much in the same boat and many people here lead discreet professional lives as well as being active in our community.

I like your sense of humor and i really hope you can find the comfort you need to become a bigger part of adisc because with out fresh new input this place wouldn't continue to grow like it has.

Hi there cynicalandparanoid. fellow Brit I see, even tho you are a bit northern . I felt the same way about joining here but it seems to be a great site with lots of interesting people on it.

PS Film-making sounds like a very cool hobby!

abdlpplperson

Default i know how u feel

Idk. . I joined the site bc i wanted to be ble tn talk to ppl like me