Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really I can't stand this anymore.

Default Really I can't stand this anymore.

As some of you may be aware I really dislike seeing repeated topics from all of this new users. topics like I found a awesome deal, my girlfriend knows and she's fine with it, worried my parents might know, how do I bedwet. These have been dragging adisc trough mud so to speak. So to put it bluntly, I am tired of this site and don't like what it's become. So rather then making interesting topics ( like this one) I am leaving, forever.

well asides that forever and leaving part. im staying you fools (hint 1). You can't get rid of me this easily.

However I am getting tired of that sort of stuff. So aside for this being a simple (yet cruel and likely stupid) joke, let it be a open letter about think before you post. and for the love of everything in the universe, use a spell checker. Firefox comes with one built in and I make use of it when I can. Thank you and have a happy April fool's evening.

aslo can you raed tihs at all? Pterty itenrnetisg rghit?

Ryga

I was going to write you a stongly worded letter of how dumb you were for leaving just because of repeated topics and bad spelling. Pretty good joke, probably the only April Fools joke that actually got me today.

Quote Originally Posted by OffToSleep View Post
    I was going to write you a stongly worded letter of how dumb you were for leaving just because of repeated topics and bad spelling. Pretty good joke, probably the only April Fools joke that actually got me today.
    Yeah sadly I couldn't think of anything better then pull this stupid topic out of my you know what again. But this year I figured there should hopefully be something valid to it as well.

Fire, you and I both have been on this site for almost the same time, which in cyber space and blog land, is a long, long time. At this point, the topics are simply going to repeat, given that this is a diaper wearing support group. For new members, suddenly being able to talk about diaper wearing, and talking to others like ones self can be more than exciting. For me, it was intoxicating. I just couldn't believe it, especially since so many of the members were young. It made me remember vividly when I was their age struggling with these strange desires, and quite frankly, the extreme sexuality that accompanied the urges. Now of course, it's ho-hum, but the first few months were almost dumbfounding. That's probably how most of our new members feel.

After a half a year or a little longer, I began to notice that some of the members who seemed so established on this site, the ones with huge rep counts like 35, were becoming less involved. A few more months and some only made a once a month contribution and some disappeared entirely. That brings me to the obvious. Yes, the topics will repeat forever, and many members do get tired of the same old, so they move on to something else.

I'm still hooked, and part of it is because we are also a support group. If I can help a member, new or established, I feel I have some purpose, may have a purpose. I enjoy working with my kids at school, but I have so little chance to be anything more than an educator. I know that many of them come from bad homes, that some are bullied, some are sexually unsure who they are. Some self harm, and some are forever sad. I can't get to them in most instances. But here we talk in the dark of the night behind our illumined screens. It is in the dark hours that we sometimes reveal our souls, the crevices where sadness hides. If the signal light shines in the skies, the call for help, I respond if I can.

Diapers and wetting will always be discussed, because we are a diaper site, but the greater is in the middle of the night. Ah, that is something else. In the darkness of pain I can at least say I hear your cry, and I care. You are not without love, not as long as you are on ADISC.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm still hooked, and part of it is because we are also a support group. If I can help a member, new or established, I feel I have some purpose, may have a purpose. I enjoy working with my kids at school, but I have so little chance to be anything more than an educator. I know that many of them come from bad homes, that some are bullied, some are sexually unsure who they are. Some self harm, and some are forever sad. I can't get to them in most instances.

But here we talk in the dark of the night behind our illumined screens. It is in the dark hours that we sometimes reveal our souls, the crevices where sadness hides. If the signal light shines in the skies, the call for help, I respond if I can.

Diapers and wetting will always be discussed, because we are a diaper site, but the greater is in the middle of the night. Ah, that is something else. In the darkness of pain I can at least say I hear your cry, and I care. You are not without love, not as long as you are on ADISC.
    Sometimes, kids need someone to care first before they reach out to someone, maybe try confronting them. It might help too.

And beautiful. You just gave me a ton a hope. Why? No clue. But the world needs more people like you. It sucks wanting advice and support and having no one to turn to.

Thanks DTBG. At school I try to talk to the kids when the circumstances allow. An interesting example is this. I was in the library and a girl said to me that she didn't want to take gym. If she took orchestra she could get out of it. Though I'm a supporter of gym and exercise, I suggested to her that she take up the oboe because there weren't many oboe players, and if she got good at it, it could take her places. I just heard that she got a $16,000. a year scholarship to a college as an oboe player. Life's weird.

The harder ones are the kids in pain, the ones who just got into trouble and are waiting to see the principal. Sometimes, if I'm passing through the office, I'll sit down next to them and give them some advise as to how to handle the principal. I'll also discuss making reasonable choices for behavior, what works and what doesn't. The kids respect me, especially the "inner city" kids. They know who I am, and that I've lived on the streets when I was a kid. Kids always know. I think the difference is that I listen to them and don't judge them. That doesn't happen often in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    You are not without love, not as long as you are on ADISC.
    Wow, that made me feel loved for once in the week. Anyway I somehow feel like I just don't belong here (or anywhere else for that matter).

Now back to the topic. I am willing to get involved into more interesting conversations, however I feel like by going to the mature section, or such, I run the risk of being flamed or getting engaged in an unpleasant conversation.

ADISC is where I come cause for some weird reason I am comfortable here. I don't know why. I just do and I agree with some people about certain topics and conversations. I only go to ones where I feel comfortable and I don't want to get sucked into drama all that much since I really don't have the time for it half the time. I come here to read, learn something and enjoy the site.

I share Fire's sentiments and I also appreciate big-time Dogboy's comments about his experiences as a teacher in this thread with students who need someone to talk to. That was something that helped me survive school when I was there, having a teacher- several teachers who actually cared about me.

But to the original topic, yeah- I know how annoying some particular threads can be around here.

WildThing121675

Spearmint

My interest in this site has been on and off ever since I became a member, save for the six month + period that I went on haitus following some serious problems I had with the site and a few particular members (Not any regulars, either people who were new, or people who don't post regularly, now). Avoiding discussion of why I left in the first place, because it's unrelated, I still like this site, but yes, it does get old after awhile.

My interest in diaper stuff has remained pretty constant, even if there HAVE been some periods where it wasn't as strong. With a site like this, though, it really is hard to find new content some times, and for that reason, I'm not on as much as I used to be when I first discovered this site. Sections like Mature Topics, Off Topic, Stories, and Roleplaying are all great places for new content, as there's ALWAYS a good amount of new things to add. It's where the interesting discussions usually take place, compelling tales are spun, and different parts are played by all sorts of folk! Then there's the more diaper focused parts of the site, under Diaper talk, and AB/TB. Although I still go there as well, there isn't as much good content. There's always an influx of users on here, so while plenty of users establish themselves as regulars all the time, for every regular there's a good amount of newbies, too, and plenty of topics get repeated. Once and awhile there's a good thread with discussion of different habits or preferences, a good tip or piece of advice to share, or even something new like the Marshmallow Trick. There are only so many times that one can post about sharing with people, buying for the first time, where to buy from, and other things like that before it gets a bit boring. That's not to say it's not relevant to those who post it, but it's still not particularly new. Even the Marshmallow Trick died after awhile, because there wasn't anything more to say about it.

In short, I think there's always a place for new content on this site, even if it's not specifically in the ABDL areas, and although I've been here longer and don't feel like spending hours reading through ABDL stuff I've already seen before, I keep coming back because there will always been awesome people and interesting discussions here, as long as you know where to look.

To be honest, I get really tired of the site at times as well. The repeating threads about one central topic (diapers) starts to really annoy me. Its worse when it is the same question asked 2, 3, or more times in the same day/week GAHH. I know, new users etc. etc.

Really the only reason I come back so often is, well, for one boredom and set in routine. The other is for the mature topic area, and sometimes off-topic, where people are posting some interesting discussions that go farther then "Hey Guiz, should I wear 24/7?" and so-forth. Yes, I know also the whole, "well help fix it then," and I know I should, but there are few times I get the urge to really create a new topic or conversation here, or elsewhere online. Night classes also have a way of zapping my energy (Can't explain it, but they just do even if I've had the whole day off) and yeah. I know I should come up with more stimulating discussion, but knowing and doing are separate struggles.