View Poll Results: This poll is anonymous. Please pick one option each from 1-3 and 7-8, and then check as many as appl

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would pay $1-$2 per diaper tape

11 16.18%
  • I would pay $0.10-$0.99 per diaper tape

36 52.94%
  • I would download and print designs on my own

23 33.82%
  • I want designs by well-known artists (please list below)

22 32.35%
  • I want designs with paw-prints

54 79.41%
  • I want designs with characters

43 63.24%
  • I want designs with big blocks of color

26 38.24%
  • I want designs with smaller blocks of color

23 33.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'd Like Your Help With An Awesome Idea...

Default I'd Like Your Help With An Awesome Idea...

(The instructions were cut-off; pick one option each from 1-3 and 7-8, and then pick as many applicable for 4-6)

ARTISTS INTERESTED SO FAR:

Blazy/WearNTear http://wearntear.deviantart.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for your support! I greatly appreciate your help voting in the poll and in pointing me towards awesome artists. Keep the good work up!

I'm considering starting a website (and possibly business) centered around diaper tapes, and I'd like to hear your thoughts before I invest a lot of time, effort, and money into this.

Here are my thoughts:

I've noticed there are quite a few websites that scan in designs and make them available for free. There is even a website that sells (only) three high-quality designs on rolls of tape.

It seems to me, however, that the designs rarely cater to the babyfur community--and none of them feature work by awesome (babyfur) artists.

I'm in the process of contacting several artists about this idea, and I think a website like mine that makes paw-print and artist tape designs available to your community might fill an important need.

If you like my idea, you can make it happen by voting in the poll above. Should I see sufficient numbers (say, at least 50), I might take it a step further.

Also, if you'd like to suggest specific artists you'd like me to contact (including yourself--I know TaviMunk is on here, and I sent him a message on DeviantArt), please let me know. I'm willing to put my time and energy into this project for you guys!

Plus, if this takes off like I hope it will, I might consider selling rolls of designs a few months after the site is put up. (I'm contacting manufacturers for quotes right now, as well)
    Last edited by Kif; 01-Apr-2012 at 01:19.

I forgot to un-click the first option. I am not a very rich person, and adding an additional 1-2 dollars per diaper (potentially) gets a bit expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glao View Post
    I forgot to un-click the first option. I am not a very rich person, and adding an additional 1-2 dollars per diaper (potentially) gets a bit expensive.
    That's what I thought.

A few US manufacturers make very expensive stickers (aka, $1-$2 per sticker, minimum of $500 per order).
    The ones I want are all in China, and the pricing is much more reasonable. Of course, the challenge is communication. If you or anyone else knows Chinese, that might help get even better deals....

You should contact StrawberryNeko and Toddlergirl on FA. They make really cute stuff!

As far as price goes, I think around 25 to 50 cents per diaper would be good. Perhaps $5 to $10 for a roll of ten feet which gives out twenty six-inch strips?

I think this is a great idea! I would love to see this happen!

I wouldn't mind paying 1-2 dollars for a cute diaper tape. Especially if it was any sort of babyfur related thing, I think price to enjoyment would be pretty equal.

As far as artists go you should also check out BabyPandora, he's the one who did my avatar and I think he could probably come up with some really cool designs for tapes

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    You should contact StrawberryNeko and Toddlergirl on FA. They make really cute stuff!

As far as price goes, I think around 25 to 50 cents per diaper would be good. Perhaps $5 to $10 for a roll of ten feet which gives out twenty six-inch strips?

I think this is a great idea! I would love to see this happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying 1-2 dollars for a cute diaper tape. Especially if it was any sort of babyfur related thing, I think price to enjoyment would be pretty equal.

As far as artists go you should also check out BabyPandora, he's the one who did my avatar and I think he could probably come up with some really cool designs for tapes
    Thanks for your suggestions!

I already know toddlergirl and follow her on DA and FA. However, I am not sure what sites StrawberryNeko and BabyPandora actually frequent. I've found their DA and FA pages (I think), but could you confirm and send me other pages you know they use? (especially StrawberryNeko, as she seems to have moved around)

BabyPandora's deviantART Gallery

StrawberryNeko's deviantART Gallery
    Userpage of strawberryneko -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    https://inkbunny.net/strawberryneko

It looks like StrawberryNeko doesn't like commercial work, but I'll talk to her anyway. I have no idea what BabyPandora's thoughts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Okamiyasha View Post
    ...that just about doubles the cost of each diaper. Molicares here are about $1.57/diaper if you buy a whole case at a time. If you buy the bags individually, they are $2.35/diaper. A case of 56 Molicare diapers is currently $88.65. If you get the tapes, that means that 56 diapers costs between $144.65 - $200.65. And that's only if you buy it in a case. At the upper end, that's over $3.50 per diaper.

Honestly, I don't think I would pay for diaper tapes. Unless they are REALLY cheap (like 10 cents each, as one of the options says), then it's probably cheaper to just buy Bambinos, which are thicker and more absorbent than most other diapers. I'd still probably not pay even if they were that cheap, though. It would be cool, but not worth spending money on, in my opinion.

No, you definitively want to email her. She very much dislike talking about business related stuff in shouts/IM/comments and even notes, to an extend.

Also, keep in mind that buying the art outright (so both the art itself and the copyright) is going to be more expensive than a normal commission

As for whether on not I'd buy diaper tape, probably not unless is was a really nominal cost ( > 10 per tape). A diaper's appearance doesn't matter all that much to me, and I tend to have something that covers my diaper anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    You should also look up TeTarga and Furrito!
    I've found TeTarga: Userpage of tetarga -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    Do you know how I can contact him/her?

Also, I've found Furrito on FA, but he appears to have been banned recently:
    Userpage of furrito -- Fur Affinity [dot] net
    Do you know if he uses his DA account? Or do you have a contact I can use?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    Honestly, I don't think I would pay for diaper tapes...It would be cool, but not worth spending money on, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    A diaper's appearance doesn't matter all that much to me, and I tend to have something that covers my diaper anyway.
    If you know more people that feel this way, please let me know. If there won't be enough demand for this, I won't sell rolls.

Instead, I might put up a site with free downloadable tape designs for those that want them. Heck, I've considered doing that first just to see what traffic I can get. Still, even a measure of the traffic won't necessarily correlate with demand. I wish there was a way to edit the poll so that I could add the "I'm not interested" option.