Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adult Kids? (Kidults)

Default Adult Kids? (Kidults)

Hihi, I'm pretty new here but I've recently come to a revelation and thought I'd get others' thoughts on it. I'm much more of a DL than an AB. In fact, I enjoy acting like a kid (around the age of 8) more than acting like a baby. I'm most definitely a DL and I think this is an interesting mix that I don't hear about a lot. I'm curious, are there any others that feel this way? I'm sure that I'm rare in this respect, but I figured there is no harm in asking.

Also, what are your thoughts about wanting to wear diapers yet act like a kid instead of a baby?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I too am more DL than AB. Occasionally I like to act like a real baby (crawling around, calling for mumma) but far more often I pretend that I'm a young child who still wets the bed. I think it's because the connection is so much stronger for me - I actually remember (and quite vividly) being a child bedwetter. It brings back all sorts of feelings from that age. When I'm being a baby it feels more like an act that I've put together. It feels less natural. Another important aspect is that while a baby is expected to wear diapers and wet itself, it's far less socially acceptable for a child or young teenager. There's more stigma attached and a strong sense of shame. Like being a baby is all about helplessness, dependence and innocence, whereas being a child still in nappies is about shame and humiliation. I guess those feelings are just more powerful to me.

Same boat here, I have pacifiers and everything but still, it's a thrown together act.

I too was a bedwetter and yeah, shame and humiliation just come up more for me then dependance and innocence

^^^Nice post XD

Same here, I am a kid at heart think somewhere between 10-15ish. My 15 & 16 year old kids that tell me to grow up from time to time XD I take it as a complement & just tell them life's to short to take it seriously.

Awesome, didn't think I'd get so many replies so quick! Personally, I feel like I mentally stopped growing around the age of 8 but my body just kept on growing. Of course I'm more intelligent than an 8 year old would be, but often I feel like I'm not equipped to handle some of the things that I should at my current age. As for being a DL, I think that just kinda got tacked on later in life because I wasn't really a bedwetter that I know if, though I do have a few wetting stories from my childhood that have stuck with me.

I'm an AK/LG most of the time: I see myself as about 8 as well. Sometimes I'll feel younger, but mostly I'm a 'big girl'.

Everyone else is talking about shame and humiliation; for me, it's the exact opposite! When I was younger, I had a bit of a wetting problem... At night my parents were 'ok' with it, giving me plastic sheets and alarms and sending me to a children's psychologist (although I vaguely remember my Mum crying a few times at the psychologist's office, so IDK if they were as okay with it as I thought). During the day was a different matter.

You might expect me to say here I was forced to wear diapers during the day, maybe told 'If you wet your pants like a baby, we'll treat you like one!'...but none of that happened.

What did happen was that my parents choose to ignore the problem totally. If I had an accident, they would be angry and tell me off for not going to the toilet, for being too lazy to bother getting up, for not paying attention, etc. I distinctly remember one incident, when I was 8 or so...I was playing by the sea, while my parents looked on (there was a restaurant overlooking the beach)...and I had to wee. It came on suddenly, so I sat on a soggy wooden breaker and slowly let go, hoping my parents would assume I'd gotten wet from the sea. They didn't. I remember to this day the looks of disappointment and anger on their faces. My mother then led me by the hand through the restaurant to the bathroom...I was very ashamed. I always got the feeling my problem was too embarrassing to my parents for them to want to deal with.

For me, wearing diapers is a sort of therapy for that time. They both acknowledge I have a real issue and it's not my fault, and show, to me, that my parent is more concerned with my well-being than their own embarrassment. Having an older child in diapers is not, after all, something one would brag about during their weekly mother's meeting.

The feelings I seek are the exact opposite of shame and humiliation.

As for using baby items, I see them as transitional items for my 'little' self. Using them is comforting, but doesn't make me a 'baby' any more than having a plushie from when I was born or liking to watch films from when I was younger does.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyTehFox View Post
    Awesome, didn't think I'd get so many replies so quick! Personally, I feel like I mentally stopped growing around the age of 8 but my body just kept on growing. Of course I'm more intelligent than an 8 year old would be, but often I feel like I'm not equipped to handle some of the things that I should at my current age.
    ^^^also that ;P

I am definitely more of a adult kid than an adult baby. I do enjoy playing a toddler on a rare occasion, but in the bulk of my "regressions" I am 7-8. Infantile tenancies abundant (thumbsucking, bedwetting, cuddling in footy pjs, sippy cup for bed time, car seat, training wheels etc), but with the vocabulary, intellect, and abilities of an older child.

If anything I feel like an adult kid. Probably around about 11 years old, but a bit immature and a bedwetter who sometimes pees his pants. A bit like I was when I was 11.Perhaps I havn't really grown up. I would also wear clothes that were a bit young for me such as trousers with elasticated waists and cartoon underpants.

I feel the same way sometimes, Some days I like to play with my Lego and watch childhood movies, I may or may not diaper, but if I do it's to satisfy my DL side and I may role play that I was having accidents and so was put into the diaper because of this. I feel as though I am somewhere between 7 and 12 at these times. When I wear a diaper at night I am always the 7 year old bed wetter that I once was (I have only wet once at night as an adult, it was the coolest night, even if it did leak).

Also Adult Kid is usually abbreviated to AK, there is no option for AK on this site even though there appears to be a few of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTall View Post
    Also Adult Kid is usually abbreviated to AK, there is no option for AK on this site even though there appears to be a few of us.
    Awesome! I've recently been joking that I'm gonna start a new community of AK/DLs; I didn't know it was a real thing! Also I'm really surprised to see as many replies as I have. I thought I was gonna get more "no, it's just you bud" posts than anything ^^;