Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Definition of wetting your pants

Default Definition of wetting your pants

I was wondering at what point dribbling in your pants becomes wetting your pants. Is it when any pee gets onto your underpants, or is it when you can see wetness on your underpants, or when you can see wetness on your trousers, or do you need to have a big patch before you can say you wet yourself?

funseeker

Wet could be defined as any wetness in your pants. The extreme of wetness is soaked pants. A dribble could also be identified as wet pants. There are certainly degrees and ranges for everything.

My definition of pants wetting is when there is enough of a wet spot on the outside of your pants that a person casually looking at you would probably notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Inconinmiss View Post
    My definition of pants wetting is when there is enough of a wet spot on the outside of your pants that a person casually looking at you would probably notice.
    This.

Everyone dribbles. Everyone. I also consider it wetting if, while not necessarily being visible to anyone else, you can feel a significant amount of wetness against your skin.

It's all a matter of degree- and you probably need a degree in English usage to give a definitive answer!

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    It's all a matter of degree
    This is one of those unanswerable questions. How many rocks does it take to have a pile of rocks? Is 1 a pile? 2? 3? 50 is definitely a pile of rocks, but what about 49?

Good rule of thumb is that if you can see it, you've wet your pants, but there's really no way to define the difference between "just dribbling" and "wet your pants", except when it's clearly one or the other.

Or to put it another way: If someone points and says "He's wet his pants" - you have. If you are in really polite company and are almost standing in a puddl,e but no one mentions it - you can still convince yourself you "haven't really"!

I guess I usually think of it in terms of "If you pee in your pants enough that you don't -have- to pee anymore, you've wet yourself.", noting that this excludes tiny "relief spurts" that only buy a short amount of time.

Alternatively, if you intentionally release any amount of urine into your pants, I'd call that wetting, albeit intentionally.

I am not sure "relief spurts" really do buy time - but then I am not used to counting in nano-seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    Everyone dribbles. Everyone.
    False.

Sure, it takes a bit of attention to completely empty your urethra, but I assure it can be done. I never have the slightest dribble after peeing when I wear regular underwear, so personally I'd count as "wet pants" everything that is not "dry pants".