Thread: what are some ways I can determine if it is safe to talk about my DL side with my Best Friend?

Default what are some ways I can determine if it is safe to talk about my DL side with my Best Friend?

Since joining this forum a year and a half ago, I have become much more accepting of my DL side. However, oftentimes I still really want to be able to talk about the times that (being a DL) has me emotionally down....and talk about my struggles as a DL with him.

There have been a few occasions in the last 2 months where we've had serious conversations about various things, and I've been tempted to bring up the fact that I like to wear diapers, but I never have due to the potential of wrecking a great friendship that means more to me than almost anything else.

What are some ways that i can gauge his willingness to accept this aspect of my life without the risk of killing a friendship?

Thanks for the ideas and comments.

I have to say that, after knowing my best friend of 8 years, did I finally concede to telling him about my diaper fetish. It wasn't easy, but that night that we talked, we told each other about our deepest, darkest and most embarrassing secrets. It was the support that we gave to each other, and more so, that we told each other that it was still the same person whom we knew 8 years ago and through. And because of this, we both feel that life does have a funny way of working out when it took so long for two best friends to let each other in on their personal side.

It's hard to gauge, but the most important thing to remember is this. If your friend judges people easily by what they do without thinking it through, then it probably isn't all that wise to let him in on such information. Don't judge, because you'd never know the true person behind that facade.

I hope this helps you.

what do you mean by " And because of this, we both feel that life does have a funny way of working out when it took so long for two best......"?

My question to you is - why do you feel the need for your friend to accept this aspect of your life so much? What do you hope to achieve from telling them? Once you answer these you should ask yourself is the risk of losing the friednship worth what you want to achieve? I'm not going to get into a whole moral debate about what makes true friednships, it's futile. In life friends come and go some last longer than others, its not a bad thing its just life.
    I personally do not feel the need to share every intimate detail of my life with people I know. Lots of people live their lives through social networking and media, what's wrong with keeping some aspects of your life private?
    The decision to tell your friend is no one else's but yours and no one can tell you what is best for you to do- but only you have to live with that decision and you can't reverse it once it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by curious88 View Post
    what do you mean by " And because of this, we both feel that life does have a funny way of working out when it took so long for two best......"?
    Allow me to put it this way. For the past 8 years that i knew him, whenever someone asked if i knew him well, i'd say not really.

You know, sometimes it's that connection that you have with someone. I'm not saying that anyone has to follow what i did, but at the end of the day, you must follow what you think is best. No one can tell you what to do.

And yes, i had no intention of saying anything, but at that point in time, my friend needed support for his insecurities and i decided to let him know he wasn't alone in this and that no matter how confident i was on the exterior, i was very much like him on the inside.