Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure what product to try next

Default Not sure what product to try next

Currently using depends underwear for men super but the leg guards hurt my inner leg as well as keep moisture next to the skin as well as get rashes a lot.

I have an issue with Urinary Incontinence and Excessive sweating in the groin area due to Spinal Cord injury.

I am an active person as well as need something discrete. (I like to wear shorts as well as jeans if that helps.)

Thank you very much

funseeker

The Tranquility line including ATN and Slimline may work for you. The diaper is well made and has a good fit for most with great stick tabs. It might be worth a try for you.

Not sure if I can get them in the land Down under (Australia) thanks anyway any Aussies here?

I'm not sure what product to recommend. However, the rash problem may be related to hygiene, either too much or too little emphasis. You need to keep the diaper area clean, but don't over-do it. I am prone to rashes if I wash too often with soap and water. So I limit soap-and-water washing of the diaper area to once a day but thoroughly clean the area with baby wet wipes at each diaper change. The brand of diaper used may also affect rash frequency.

I'm a big fan of the Abena X-Plus (M4) diaper. It's very absorbent and does a good job with both urine and sweat. However, I live in Canada where hot weather isn't as much of problem as in Australia.

Might be worth trying things like Tena flex if the output isn't too great - comfortable and much smaller than regular diaper so OK under shorts - especially with boxers on top.

see: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=te...&ved=0CIsBELAE

and:

MoliFlex®

Let me know if the links don't work and I wi l try again

For the rash I found treating it with lotrimin ultra or another good jock itch cream & covering that with a bit of desitin really helps heal & then prevent the rash.

Just wondering as I also sweat on the side of the leg( opposite side if groin in summer) would there be a "incon product" that would also help with that.

mm dunno really the only products here in aus that i have seen that are proable the best that are common with out going online are tena slip maxi plus and depend fitted breifs and as for the rubbing have you tried a cream or baby powder. im not incontent im dl so i hope that helped you and im in aus to.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    Might be worth trying things like Tena flex if the output isn't too great - comfortable and much smaller than regular diaper so OK under shorts - especially with boxers on top.

see: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=te...&ved=0CIsBELAE

and:

MoliFlex®

Let me know if the links don't work and I wi l try again
    How bulky are these as I tend to be very self conscious when I go out due to anxiety disorders

Thx

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rexme55 View Post
    mm dunno really the only products here in aus that i have seen that are proable the best that are common with out going online are tena slip maxi plus and depend fitted breifs and as for the rubbing have you tried a cream or baby powder. im not incontent im dl so i hope that helped you and im in aus to.
    I tend to get my depends online as they are cheaper, free postage and more discrete independance australia as well asBright Sky(which u might want to look at) depends on who is cheaper at the time and man they have so many more then the chemists. So I have access to a huge range but don't know where to start as I also have sensitive skin.

mmm well do some research online if you know the brands and maybe other people maybe able to help you out do you use any creams or powders? really at my chemist seeing small country town we only have depends and tenas but sadley im not able to get anything online yet. how much are the depends per pack for you mine are 10 meduim for like $14 but then the tena slip maxi are like 8 medium for $19.90. really if your game just ask at the counter though only if you dont mind a store clerk showing you the diapers isal and stuff like that.