3 6.52%
  • stay friends

10 21.74%
  • forget about her

33 71.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need advice.

Unhappy I need advice.

Ok so this is about my ex girlfriend.we dated for about a year year and a half and She cheated on me.(several times) We broke up 2yrs ago but i still have feelings for her.we still kinda talk and she says every time we do talk that she regrets what she did and she wants me back and that no matter how hard she trys she cant forget about me and cant have the same feelings for anybody else that she did for me.I want to go out again but something inside me says NO.PLEASE help me.i just cant decide what to do.I have been thinking about her and what to do ever since we broke up.Yes i have tryed to move on but i cant..... but i do have a reason why its like this.we share a special bond.....we lost our virginity to each other so ya.....
    Last edited by bam6465; 26-Mar-2012 at 00:59.

Quote Originally Posted by bam6465 View Post
    Ok so this is about my ex girlfriend.we dated for about a year year and a half and She cheated on me.(several times) We broke up 2yrs ago but i still have feelings for her.we still kinda talk and she says every time we do talk that she regrets what she did and she wants me back and that no matter how hard she trys she cant forget about me and cant have the same feelings for anybody else that she did for me.
    It's entirely possible that she does regret what she did and does feel bad that she hurt you, and didn't mean to. But I don't take that to mean she won't do it again (if this was multiple times). I take it to mean that she has a problem and can't help herself, or simply can't accept a monogamous lifestyle. Unless she's fundamentally changed who she is, this would be "fool me twice."

If it's already happened several times, if you take her back it'll happen several more times. Either tell her that you're willing to be friends but nothing more, or tell her to go get bent, depending on how much you'd value her friendship apart from a relationship.

Ok so this is about my ex girlfriend.we dated for about a year year and a half and She cheated on me.(several times)
    Stopped reading and clicked "forget about her" right there. I wouldn't trust someone who cheated on my even once; don't let your memories of her let you forget that she wasn't into it before.

Forget her. Honestly, she cheated on you. You didn't mean a thing to her. No one cheats on another person if they respect and care for that person.

If you take her back, she'll do it all over again.

She cheated on me.(several times)
    Big red flag here, take her back and she'll probably cheat on you again. You could still be friends but never more than that. You're 15, you don't need to worry about whether she was "the one" now (and this one clearly isn't the one for you) so go out there and talk to other girls but just forget about this one because it's not worth having petty teenage drama in your life.

You're 15. Neither of you should be seeing someone exclusively at that age much less having sex (assuming that's what you mean by cheated? That's the common definition....). Someone who is already promiscuous at 15 is going to be trouble later on for a variety of reasons.

1. If she doesn't already have emotional issues, she will

2. There's no telling what sort of diseases she may already have picked up. Some of them are incurable, some of them lead to infertility in case you were thinking of a stable relationship with children later on.

I'm sure this is a non-trendy, non-progressive answer, but dem's da facts kids. Always have been.

i am sure you don't want to hear this but once a cheater always a cheater (i know that is not always the case but still it is a high chance) it is up to u if you want her back but i would say find someone else it is not worth it.

Honestly I say it's a bad move getting back with her, if she has genuine guilt over cheating then she'll dump you have a week of sex elsewhere instead of cheating and then come back over and over and over because she knows she can. You will eventually crack.

As to being friends, it's not entirely a good move, I'm not saying it can't be done, but one day you'll be left alone together your guard will be down she'll kiss you and bone you and it will kill the friendship, it could become a genuine romance but I doubt it.

If you do go ahead and get back with her you need to show some balls, keep her interested in all things you, so she doesn't need to look elsewhere and if there's any time she doesn't spend with you that's not accountable (like your at school or work) then get her to do something in that time as well, school isn't a brilliant one unless you're there too but she could get a job or do chores, it doesn't make it impossible to cheat but it makes it more difficult if she's got distractions and responsibilities, and appreciate her for doing them. Talk to her and really listen to what she says, and be sure to let her know that if she doesn't tell you about the problems in the relationship or if you find out she cheated it's over, I wouldn't say as far as a prenup but you need to have had that discussion and agreed terms before going out with her again.

jakeisme

i say you go ahead and take her back. if you miss her and she misses you then it would make sense. you have a shared bond and you care about her from what im hearing. as for your gut feeling i have to say its probaly becauseshe has hurt you and now your more cautious and afraid... nut yeah. just talk to her some more. tell her how you feel if you havent. that usualy works good luck