Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you Call this, and What do you think about it?

DrunknFox

Default What do you Call this, and What do you think about it?

Well a few minutes ago, my good friend and I were talking, just shooting the shit, when fireworks are brought up.
    He explains to me and my brother about how we should go shoot them off in a field at an elementary school, unseen by cameras.
    I feel doing this is wrong and I really don't want to get caught. We;ve had fights over stuff like this before.

He tries to push me, saying "doing this isn't illegal... we'll do it where we won't be seen... come on, live a little" and stuff like that.

I object multiple times before he claims I'm the bad guy, and I'm a "pussy", (which has happened before). Like times in the past, I passive-aggresively tell him off, and inform him he should leave. The atmosphere becomes quiet and awkward before he gets up and leaves.

What would this be called? Is he wrong? What is your opinion on this?

Edit: The time this happened at around Midnight on a Friday night.

If I may ask, why at an elementary school, or any school for that matter?
    I have no idea what to call it, but he's definitely wrong. Doing something like this could have some really bad consequences...the school could catch on fire, one of you could get hurt, etc. Basically, if your friend wants to be an idiot, try to talk him out of it, if he still wants to go do it, don't go with him. Chances are that he won't go do it alone, because doing stuff like that alone is really boring.

DrunknFox

Quote Originally Posted by Chanch0 View Post
    If I may ask, why at an elementary school, or any school for that matter?
    I have no idea what to call it, but he's definitely wrong. Doing something like this could have some really bad consequences...the school could catch on fire, one of you could get hurt, etc. Basically, if your friend wants to be an idiot, try to talk him out of it, if he still wants to go do it, don't go with him. Chances are that he won't go do it alone, because doing stuff like that alone is really boring.
    An Elementary school because it has little to no cameras compared to the High School.
    I hope he's wrong. He's done this before. He's tried to push me a lot into things I don't believe in, and I always gets pissed off when I disagree.
    I'll say no and hold my ground, and he just calls me a pussy. He would never go out of his way to do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto123 View Post
    What would this be called? Is he wrong? What is your opinion on this?
    The first thing that came to mind for me is that he needs a fall guy if he gets caught.

Yea, he's your friend. He's also clearly a very manipulative person. No offense, but find a new friend.

My first question was: Are they really your friends if they want to do stupid stuff like that?

^^^This poster above got it down right,in some citys[and mostly yours]you can even get arrested for shooting off fireworks...

Dont go is your best[and smartest]move you can make

DrunknFox

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    The first thing that came to mind for me is that he needs a fall guy if he gets caught.

Yea, he's your friend. He's also clearly a very manipulative person. No offense, but find a new friend.
    This situation usually happens every 6 months, He leaves, and tells me he'd be the one not being my friend anymore.
    The other thing is he will never take the blame for anything.

Yea. I'm going with 'he needs a fall guy.' And even if that's not why he's bringing you along (perhaps he doesn't like being stupid alone), you're sure as hell going to become one if you ever get caught doing something.

Fireworks are illegal in California.
    Only on the 4th of July and only in areas allowed they are allowed.
    (only on the 4th in certain areas)

Otherwise it is completely illegal to set them off.

Quote Originally Posted by StargazerBleu View Post
    Fireworks are illegal in California.
    Only on the 4th of July and only in areas allowed they are allowed.
    (only on the 4th in certain areas)

Otherwise it is completely illegal to set them off.
    i'm not sure about stuff like black snakes but and thing that explodes or shoots in the air are surely illegal. setting them off on a school grounds even more so. Hell just being on school grounds when it's closed could be illegal.

Logic suggest you shouldn't do go at all.

Let's start with antisocial behaviour, breaking and entering, and disturbing the peace at the very least you'll get charged with one of these. They might even push for conspiracy to commit arson, and if it goes wrong arson, destruction of property and potentially second degree murder. So tell him it is illegal and that you want nothing to do with it and if he continues then you'll report it to the police