Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Diaper Advice Please?

  1. #1

    Default Diaper Advice Please?

    Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I joined because my boyfriend has an interest in diapers (I do not). I would like to buy him some diapers to show him I love him and just give him some emotional support. But I've come to a problem in that I don't know anything much about diapers. He's never bought any for himself so asking him might not be much help, and besides that I'd like for this to be a surprise gift for him.
    So I've decided to ask you for help, dear ADISC members! I'm planing to buy them online, and the seller I'm planning on buying them from only has adult pull-ups in his size. Is there a difference between pull-ups and diapers? Do the differences really matter or is it likely he won't notice/care? The reason he hasn't bought any for himself is because he's still living at home and doesn't really want his family to know too much about it. It looks like I'll have to buy an 18-pack - will that be a big pack which is too hard to hide or should it be okay?

    Thanks for any help you can give me. I don't really understand this stuff but I want to do something really nice for my boyfriend Thanks for your time!

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, this is very sweet of you! I wish my wife would surprise me with padding (diapers in 'cub' talk) someday! I'm sure he will love anything you buy him! However, if you are looking for specifics...

    There is a difference between pull-ups and actual padding and, depending on what he likes, the difference can seem even more significant. Basically, regular padding tapes up like baby diapers, while a pull-up is just that: a pant that has no tapes and is put on like typical briefs. I would say a healthy majority of ABDLs prefer something as close as possible to traditional padding as possible. Therefore, I say go with diapers.

    That said, to make this even more harrowing for you, there are typically two camps of preference when it comes to padding: style versus utility. I am in the former group; I love diapers with cute prints on them and such. Others couldn't care less about how the diaper looks; they merely want something that will take multiple wettings. I would try and deduce which angle he approaches diapers from and pick based on that.

    If he's more of an AB and loves stuffed animals and so on, I would maybe get him some Teddy or Bellissimo Bambinos. I don't know exactly who you're thinking of ordering through, but I would highly recommend perusing the Bambino website. They are very professional and not shady whatsoever. I have ordered through them multiple times and many on here will rave about their product and customer service. (Plus, they ship very discretely.)

    However, if your guy wants something a bit more plain looking, something that is most effective, I would order through XPMedical. The Dry 24/7 line frequently receives high marks in the community, as do the Abena X-Plus. I have used the latter on many occasions and they will never let you down! ^_^

    As for keeping them hidden, that all depends on how good of a hiding spot he has. An 18 count pack should be fairly easy to conceal, but any more than that could get risky. This is just from personal experience... ^^

    Regardless of your choice, again, I think it's awesome you're not only so accepting of his little side, but so willing to show it, as well! Good on you and I wish the you both the best! Don't be afraid to ask anymore questions you may have!

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Novum View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I joined because my boyfriend has an interest in diapers (I do not). I would like to buy him some diapers to show him I love him and just give him some emotional support. But I've come to a problem in that I don't know anything much about diapers. He's never bought any for himself so asking him might not be much help, and besides that I'd like for this to be a surprise gift for him.
    So I've decided to ask you for help, dear ADISC members! I'm planing to buy them online, and the seller I'm planning on buying them from only has adult pull-ups in his size. Is there a difference between pull-ups and diapers? Do the differences really matter or is it likely he won't notice/care? The reason he hasn't bought any for himself is because he's still living at home and doesn't really want his family to know too much about it. It looks like I'll have to buy an 18-pack - will that be a big pack which is too hard to hide or should it be okay?

    Thanks for any help you can give me. I don't really understand this stuff but I want to do something really nice for my boyfriend Thanks for your time!
    You are so good to me.
    *Dies*

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Huddles View Post
    You are so good to me.
    *Dies*
    Thanks a ton Onecho! I wound up having to tell him anyway ^ because this is all way more confusing than I expected. And I didn't exactly expect it to be simple!

  5. #5

    Default

    So nice of you to give him something like this nice work.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Default

    New Zealand seems to be a pit for abdls. There is nothing here! Name a decent diaper. I guarantee you we can't get it. Well, not without paying through the nose to get it shipped from America.

  7. #7

    Default

    Though I can't offer you any recommendations for your part of the blue ball, I applaud you for the thought! I think I can confidently say that most of us here would love a thoughtful gift like that, especially those of us that are still very apprehensive about buying diapers for themselves. That would be a seriously appreciated gift.

  8. #8

    Default

    First, get an idea of his measurements, so you can pick a size. Then, determine if he may need them for any sort of protection, or if it has more to do with the feeling of security. I would assume he doesn't have issues with bladder control, he probably just needs something to make him feel more physically comfortable. If his primary motive is comfort, then I would probably opt for a case of Abena AirPlus Premiums. They are quiet, and can be very discrete under clothing, yet are very soft and can be easily felt. I would not recommend them for someone who has experienced heavy incontinence, because they will feel wet after a void, and moisture can seep out of the cloth-like backing. In that case, opt for a case of Abena AbriForms (S4, M4, L4, depending on size) instead.

    Dry 24/7's are also an excellent choice. However, their bulk can be substantial, and they have a plastic backing rather than cloth. You will need to determine what his preferences would be, and go from there. You may want to think about some clothing to help conceal them better when out and about. I wish you the best.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Huddles View Post
    New Zealand seems to be a pit for abdls. There is nothing here!
    Yes, but having the most beautiful landscapes on Earth surely makes up for the poor selection of nappies!

    If you ever want a small assortment let me know; I used to have a girlfriend on the South Island and mailed plenty of packages down there. It's not too expensive if it goes slow parcel.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ultrapampers View Post
    Yes, but having the most beautiful landscapes on Earth surely makes up for the poor selection of nappies!

    If you ever want a small assortment let me know; I used to have a girlfriend on the South Island and mailed plenty of packages down there. It's not too expensive if it goes slow parcel.
    I may just take you up on that when I have some more cash. I would love to try bambinos some time! Thanks!

    And we do kind of have an absolutely stunning backyard...

Similar Threads

  1. First diaper advice.
    By JessycaNekoGirl in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-Dec-2011, 21:04
  2. diaper advice
    By Vulpix77 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-Jun-2011, 03:10
  3. Diaper advice
    By 11Garrett in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-Dec-2010, 02:40
  4. Diaper Advice
    By T00L in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-Oct-2008, 15:14
  5. I could use some diaper advice.
    By Darkfinn in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-Sep-2008, 16:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.